[APP 07.06] I C THRU U 1.0 Final - Auto Transparent Wallpapers

Guest Jumba

Guest Jumba

I C THRU U v.1.0 Final

ictu-interfwq-c.jpgictu-13.pngictu-14.png

About ICTU

I C Thru U is a tool for WM6.5.x and Manila2D version 2.0 and lower (not Manila3D - version 2.1-2.5) that automatically crops sections from your wallpaper and sets them as the backgrounds to your taskbar and softkey bars so they appear "transparent". Of course this isn't real transparency but it's the next best thing. :D It can also do some other tricks like scaling large images to fit, removing the background from the softkey buttons, making all Manila elements on the home tab transparent, etc.

ICTU works with W|QVGA and W|VGA resolutions. Install to your device and run via the "I C Thru U" shortcut. When clicked, you will be asked to select from a menu of options - Backup, Restore, Current Wallpaper and New Wallpaper. I advise you to make a backup before continuing.

Clicking "Current Wallpaper" or "New Wallpaper" will take you to the main selection screen where you can choose which parts to make transparent. Take a look at the screenshot above - it's arranged so you simply click the button for the transparency you want to apply, e.g. the first button makes the start menu transparent, the second makes the taskbar transparent, and so on. If you clicked "New Wallpaper" it will first let you choose a new image then apply the transparency you have selected.

Please note: Because this new version uses a more complex method of resizing and cropping, some operations will take longer than they did in the older version. Sometimes it may appear like nothing is happening, but please do wait for the app to finish. You will be prompted to restart when done, or Manila will auto-refresh.

Have fun! To return to your previous settings either restore your backup or re-select your themes in Settings>Home as well as in M2DC.

Updates:

07.06 - 1.0 Final - Fixed a small error in the backup script, fairly confident everything is running smoothly now. Also included uninstall script to remove any left-over files and registry entries.

07.06 - 1.0RC - Lots of improvements, stability and added features. Now the app lets you scale/crop large images to fit, automatically syncs the Manila and Today wallpapers, allows for the removal of all Manila backgrounds on the home tab, transparent start menu background, no need to restart after making changes to Manila, etc. Please test.

01.06 - 1.0b5 - After many attempts, the app with gui should new be working. :(

01.06 - 1.0b4 - Hopefully this will have fixed the startup bug introduced in v1.0b3, please test.

(removed) 31.05 - 1.0b3 - There was a problem with applying transparency twice in succession - that should now be fixed.

Sorry guys, had to remove the previous 1.0 betas, they weren't working on some devices. Will try and solve the problem. In the meantime, try an earlier version.

(removed) 31.05 - 1.0b2 - Please download the new beta - I think it will have fixed the "include" error. Also, the app can now be installed to your memory card and you don't have to have Mortscript installed!! Thanks magawa. :rolleyes:

(removed) 31.05 - 1.0b1 - MAJOR UPDATE: The app now has a GUI of sorts.

30.05 - 0.9 and earlier - Test builds

Known Issues:

1. There is a known issue with resizing certain images. Sometimes the app reports an Out of Memory Error - this is caused when the image is too big, or there is some other internal error with ImgResize.exe. This occurs only with certain images and I am trying to solve it.

2. The piece of wallpaper for the top bar is actually a duplication of the part just below it, so it will appear like the wallpaper is repeated at the top - this is a limitation of WinMo I'm afraid (well, at least it is in 6.5.3), because the wallpaper actually only starts 18/36 pixels from the top of the screen. Hope that makes sense.

3. Sometimes the Manila slider and button don't look so good when transparent, because without the button you can see through to the icon below - this isn't always a problem but sometimes it doesn't look good. Solve this by leaving the slider and button untouched, or only make the slider transparent. Play around and see what works for you.

4. If you have an issue with your start menu going screwy (this sometimes happens after changing themes in Settings > Home) try re-selecting your wallpaper in ICTU.

5. This was tested on an Omnia using WM 6.5.3 - things may work differently for other builds and resolutions. I take no responsibility for damage to your unit. :(

Planned:

- Save layout as a single skin file so you can have multiple saves, and you can share skins with others!

- Multiple backup/restore slots

- Maybe a way to avoid restarting after making certain changes

For the resizing and conversion this script uses ImgResize.exe by Andrew Coates, the interface uses cimg.exe by Cyclonezephyrxz7 and JMLMenu by JMHL/MichelDiamond. Thanks guys!

Jumba_I_C_Thru_U_v0.9.cab

Jumba_I_C_Thru_U_v1.0b5.cab

Jumba_I_C_Thru_U_v1.0RC.cab

Jumba_I_C_Thru_U_v1.0.cab

Edited by Jumba

Guest Jumba
Very nice - thanks for sharing. Will give it a try.

Cool man, a few things I should mention though are:

1. The piece of wallpaper for the top bar is actually a duplication of the part just below it, so it will appear like the wallpaper is repeated at the top - this is a limitation of WinMo I'm afraid (well, at least it is in 6.5.3), because the wallpaper actually only starts 18 pixels from the top of the screen. Hope that makes sense.

2. Sometimes the Manila slider and button don't look so good when transparent, because without the button you can see through to the icon below - this isn't always a problem but sometimes it doesn't look good. Solve this by leaving the slider and button untouched, or only make the slider transparent. Play around and see what works for you. :rolleyes:

Guest ninalee123

Man, I've been waiting for this forever!!!! So cool - going to try it out this afternoon, promise to give feedback.

cheers, ninalee

Guest Jumba
Man, I've been waiting for this forever!!!! So cool - going to try it out this afternoon, promise to give feedback.

cheers, ninalee

Cool beans, hope you enjoy it.

@all - New version released - more options and a few bug fixes. It should be running smoothly now, but let me know if there are any issues.

Guest andrew.mazlim

cheers, ninalee

ME TOO! Thxs for sharing this, bro! Just running the cab and done?

Guest Jumba
ME TOO! Thxs for sharing this, bro! Just running the cab and done?

Thanks m8, just install the cab and run the "I C Thru U" shortcut from your start menu, then choose your option and hit OK. :rolleyes:

Guest andrew.mazlim
Thanks m8, just install the cab and run the "I C Thru U" shortcut from your start menu, then choose your option and hit OK. :rolleyes:

You DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH months I'm looking for this tweak!!! Many thxs! You "saved" my M2D theme I'm working now!

Thxs again...

Guest Jumba
You DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH months I'm looking for this tweak!!! Many thxs! You "saved" my M2D theme I'm working now!

Thxs again...

np dude, I was looking for the same thing for ages until I decided to just make it. :rolleyes:

Guest andrew.mazlim
np dude, I was looking for the same thing for ages until I decided to just make it. :rolleyes:

HAHAHA! Well said. It's like choosing rom; eventually, you're... "cooking" your own! HAHAHA!

Btw... Just noticed your flag. LUCKY one! You're going to watch World Cup live from 10 yards distance, are you?

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest Jumba
Btw... Just noticed your flag. LUCKY one! You're going to watch World Cup live from 10 yards distance, are you?

Heh, this place is World Cup crazy right now, I may need to get away from the madness. It's sure gonna take a lot to top the 95 rugby World Cup though. That was epic. :rolleyes:

Guest andrew.mazlim
Heh, this place is World Cup crazy right now, I may need to get away from the madness. It's sure gonna take a lot to top the 95 rugby World Cup though. That was epic. :rolleyes:

Indeed! You saw the film too (Morgan Freeman as Mandela)? Well, for us, English and "former British", rugby is MORE POPULAR even comparing it with football, don't you agree?

(Although, the English Rugby National team... sucks a bit, these days.)

I wish I had the... pile of pounds needed, to fly "down there" and watch the "LIONS" live.

Instead, like most of my mates, we'll stick with our local pub.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest Jumba

Yeah I don't think I'm going to watch any games live but I'm sure I'll have a pint or two and enjoy them on TV. Rugby here has a strong following, but football has more supporters if you're talking numbers. Will def support the WC though as a lot of work has gone into making it happen. All eyes on Africa.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Yeah I don't think I'm going to watch any games live but I'm sure I'll have a pint or two and enjoy them on TV. Rugby here has a strong following, but football has more supporters if you're talking numbers. Will def support the WC though as a lot of work has gone into making it happen. All eyes on Africa.

(The SPAM continues! Lol):

Well, football has many supporter numbers, but more fanatics are the rubgy's fans - as you may agree. Too bad you wouldn't watch a game live. How come? Too much expensive tickets?

(Talking about me, I don't have cash to travel north to... Glasgow! Imagine how "easily" is to me, to find a way to come down there!)

I hope, you people there, you'll support us (England) as well...

Btw... Africa WAS ALWAYS a "gem"! Always, a fantasy place to visit. I wish sometime, to have the joy to travel there.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest ninalee123

Hey Jumba, thanks again for this awesome application. Seems to work exactly like you said :rolleyes:

I am running PHDee WM 5.2.23544 M2Dv2, no glitches so far.

I just have to find the right wallpaper and theme to get it just right!!!

cheers

Guest Jumba

Hi, it is possible to make the softbar keys invisible, but not semi-transparent. I wanted to implement this already but I'm still working out some issues.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Hi, it is possible to make the softbar keys invisible, but not semi-transparent. I wanted to implement this already but I'm still working out some issues.

Na, I just thought to have them A BIT visible (I don't know, the outline of them, perhaps?)...

Guest Jumba
Na, I just thought to have them A BIT visible (I don't know, the outline of them, perhaps?)...

Not possible I'm afraid. The image adjustments available are crop, resize and convert format - no transparency controls. I will keep investigating it though...

Guest andrew.mazlim
Not possible I'm afraid. The image adjustments available are crop, resize and convert format - no transparency controls. I will keep investigating it though...

Keep it up, mate! Your transparent bars are awesome! I hope to find a solution for transparent soft keys.

Btw... Do you know how to change the hight of the ROWS (in List view StartMenu), in the following cpr bellow? I want to use double pixels icons and these rows are smaller, with smaller icons... Here, take a look:

<Form Width="240" Height="400">

<StartMenu_GridScene ID="Scene">

<GridView ID="Start Menu Items List" Top="0" Left="0" Width="240" Height="348" Columns="1" Scrollable="TRUE" HexagonGrid="TRUE" HorizontalWrapAround="TRUE" PaginatedScrolling="TRUE">

<Image ID="Selection" Left="0" Top="0" Width="235" Height="38" Source=".\StartMenu_List_Selection75px.png" ScaleStyle="Fit" />

<Layer ID="GridItem" Width="235" Height="38" OnAction ="GridItemAction">

<Layer ID="Normal">

<Image ID="Hexagon Overlay Image" Left="0" Top="0" Width="235" Height="38" Source=".\StartMenu_List_Inactive.png" ScaleStyle="Fit" />

<Image ID="Image" Left="4" Top="4" Width="30" Height="30" ScaleStyle="Fit" />

<Text ID="Text" Left="42" Top="8" Width="188" Height="30" FontFamily="Tahoma" FontSize="12" HorizontalAlignment="" VerticalAlignment="Center" Wrap="True" Trimming="EllipsisCharacter" ForeColor="#00FFFFFF" BackColor="#00000000" />

</Layer>

</Layer>

<Layer ID="NoItems">

<Text ID="Text" Width="240" Height="20" FontFamily="Helvetica Neue OTS" FontSize="10" ForeColor="#00FFFFFF" Wrap="False" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Trimming="Character" InnerTextType="Resource">shellres.dll,22596</Text>

</Layer>

</GridView>

</StartMenu_GridScene>

</Form>

Any idea what to change?

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest Jumba
Keep it up, mate! Your transparent bars are awesome! I hope to find a solution for transparent soft keys.

Btw... Do you know how to change the hight of the ROWS (in List view StartMenu), in the following cpr bellow? I want to use 128x128 pixels icons and these rows are smaller, with smaller icons... Here, take a look:

Any idea what to change?

Hi, I don't think you need to change anything - the images look set to auto-scale.

"<Image ID="Image" Left="4" Top="4" Width="30" Height="30" ScaleStyle="Fit" />"

I could be wrong though, it's been a while since I worked with Titanium.