Increase touch screen sensitivity, only tested on LiquidE 1.100.05 based roms

Guest azuwis

Guest azuwis

Liquid's touch screen sensitivity is to low to me, even set to high.

After the phone was rooted, I did a `find /sys | grep sensitivity` and found something.

Here we go:

#!/system/bin/sh

sensitivity=25

noise=25

echo "set sensitivity to $sensitivity"

echo $sensitivity > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity

echo "set noise to $noise"

echo $noise > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise

echo "done"
Default value of sensitivity and noise are 75, I set both to 25 to fit my need. Haven't find out how to apply this after phone boots, so I made a script to do it manually using Gscript Lite. Note I only tested it on LiquidE 1.100.05 rom, and root is needed. This only affects touch screen, but not the 4 buttons bellow(keypad). Keypad's sensitivity can be set from Settings -> Sound & display -> Keypad sensitivity. Set it to high works pretty good for me. You can download sensitivity.zip, unpack to get sensitivity.sh, put it to /sdcard/gscript/, and add it to Gscript Lite. Update: Thanks to malez for pointing out how to keep it permanent under LCR ROM:
adb shell ins_run sensitive.sh "(sleep 90;echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity;echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise) &"

Update2:

Now I set values to 20/50, feel these're better. Change the values according to your need, use a unix compatible editor(notepad++, gvim, etc) to edit the file.

Update3:

Root is NOT needed at all. If the phone is not rooted, uncheck the 'su' checkbox in Gscript Lite. Thanks to Azzay for the feedback.

old sensitivity.txtnew sensitivity.zip

Edited by azuwis

Guest natostanco

with this script capacitive stylus works! but not for the 4 buttons :rolleyes:

Edited by natostanco

Guest azuwis
Seems nice, did you noticed a big difference ?

Thanks for the tip anyway, will try it tonight :rolleyes:

Yes, huge difference. My Liquid is a black one, screen is covered by screen protector from official Acer(Does this make sensitivity low?).

When touch panel sensitivity was set to high(default value 75), I have to press the screen to make it move. Now I only slightly touch it, and it responds to me quickly.

Guest natostanco

yep now can scroll with fingernail too, without this script was necessary the fingertip instead :rolleyes:

btw sensitivy for the 4 buttons is still the same as before, at least it seems to me :D

Guest ondris

Wow it's amazing! Very nice man!

THank you.

And I also notices thar for the 4 buttons the sensivity it's the same, but this doesn't matter :rolleyes:

Do you think we can even change the values to lower ones?

Guest azuwis
yep now can scroll with fingernail too, without this script was necessary the fingertip instead :rolleyes:

btw sensitivy for the 4 buttons is still the same as before, at least it seems to me :D

Forget to mention the 4 buttons, post was updated.

Guest azuwis
Wow it's amazing! Very nice man!

THank you.

And I also notices thar for the 4 buttons the sensivity it's the same, but this doesn't matter :rolleyes:

Do you think we can even change the values to lower ones?

I tried 10, but it made touch screen unusable. You can try 20 or 15, and see if it works for you.

Guest ondris
I tried 10, but it made touch screen unusable. You can try 20 or 15, and see if it works for you.

Ok thanks for the feedback

Guest chingy1788

I'm still a novice at linux, and the inner workings of android/linux

but I looked into this dir

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq

would changing any of those values do anything?

Guest ktplus
I'm still a novice at linux, and the inner workings of android/linux

but I looked into this dir

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq

would changing any of those values do anything?

a good good try

Guest jayziac

Does this affect battery in anyway? I'm no expert in capacitive touchscreens, but I wonder if increasing sensitivity increases the sensor polling rate or the voltage it applies to measure touches?

I noticed more sensitivity when I replaced the screen cover that came with my liquid with a cheap one bought on ebay that seemed thinner. I'm mostly using low sensitivity now, high would probably be enough for me. But it's nice to know I can go even higher if need to.

Edited by jayziac

Guest barmyman

wooow!!! works really great!!! Thanks!!!

btw,maybe you are able to enable normal multitouch like on Milestone?

Edited by barmyman

Guest malez

Thank you for this tips.

If you want to keep it permanent under LCR :

adb shell ins_run sensitive.sh 'echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity ; echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise'

adb reboot

If you want to change value, use exactly the same commandline using different values.

If you want to disable it :

adb shell rm_run sensitive.sh

Guest malez
Sorry ,what I mean is if you know the method to do the same for stock rom ^^

I have developped ins_run for lcr. It can't be done on stock. But LCR 1.6 is faster than stock, and much more. .. do a nandroid backup, try LCR 1.6. If it does not satisfy you (sure it will), restore your backup

On stock your only solution is to run a gscript manually after each start.

Edited by malez