Increase touch screen sensitivity, only tested on LiquidE 1.100.05 based roms

Guest azuwis

Guest Cyberomain
Thank you for this tips.

If you want to keep it permanent under LCR :

adb shell ins_run sensitive.sh 'echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity ; echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise'

adb reboot

If you want to change value, use exactly the same commandline using different values.

If you want to disable it :

adb shell rm_run sensitive.sh

Ça marche pas chez moi. Ça m'écrit : Le chemin d'accès spécifié est introuvable. Pourtant j'ai bien installé la 1.6.

Guest malez

Oe

Ça marche pas chez moi. Ça m'écrit : Le chemin d'accès spécifié est introuvable. Pourtant j'ai bien installé la 1.6.

Sure you have adb in you path or in the directory from which you run the command?

Everything must be written on a single line and between '

EDIT : a friend of me (Natsumi, thanks to him) has just confirmed the same problem as you under windows. I am under linux and everything works great. I will find the right ' " and will give you the right command under Windows

Edited by malez

Guest azuwis
Thank you for this tips.

adb shell ins_run sensitive.sh 'echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity ; echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise'

adb reboot

If you want to change value, use exactly the same commandline using different values.

It doesn't work. After the command, I have this file /data/run/sensitive.sh.

I guess that's because /system/sbin/run.sh run before com.acer.tasks or something. Settings are set back by acer's setting daemon.

And I notice /system/bin/autostart run scripts synchronously, so how about?

#!/system/bin/sh

(sleep 60

echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity

echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise

) &

Guest azuwis
where can I find 'GscriptLite' to run the script on stock rom ?

thanks !

Install Gscript Lite from market. And you need malezRecovery image to root the phone.

Guest umair9001
Oe

Sure you have adb in you path or in the directory from which you run the command?

Everything must be written on a single line and between '

EDIT : a friend of me (Natsumi, thanks to him) has just confirmed the same problem as you under windows. I am under linux and everything works great. I will find the right ' " and will give you the right command under Windows

1. change the name of the sensitivity.txt to sensitive.sh

2. adb shell

3. Try the command: ins_run sensitive.sh 'echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity ; echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise'

it worked for me..

under windows u might need to use the double codes instead of single.

Guest ondris
Thank you for this tips.

adb reboot

The command works fine on windows. I am with windows seven and had no problems.

Guest malez

I have tested this on under windows XP

adb shell ins_run sensitive.sh "echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity ; echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise"

adb reboot

It works (must use " instead of ')

EDIT : right command above

Edited by malez

Guest malez
malez, the command works to create a script in data/run (in LCR), but sensitivity don't change ^^

You are right

Script is run on each boot, before postboot scripts and before system apps.

As azuwis, said we must postpone its run and detach it otherwise phone settings will overwrite it.

The right command is :

adb shell ins_run sensitive.sh "(sleep 90;echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity;echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise) &"

To be sure that it is applied, i have tested with a value of 200 (screen really unresponsinve)

Guest Az@el
You are right

Script is run on each boot, before postboot scripts and before system apps.

As azuwis, said we must postpone its run and detach it otherwise phone settings will overwrite it.

The right command is :

adb shell ins_run sensitive.sh "(sleep 90;echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity;echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise) &"

To be sure that it is applied, i have tested with a value of 200 (screen really unresponsinve)

good work...ty :rolleyes:

Guest bais

This script is great. The TouchScreen feels as sensitive as the Iphone's. That makes me a little less jealous of the Incredible/Evo/Galaxy S owners which will have an awesome touch panel (and yes I know we still have MT issues)

Guest Small_Hacker

I have used this script. It really works and smoother than before. But just works in launcher or home.

I dont think it works in games.

anyway, thz for your force

What do all of you think about this issue??

(Please forgive my poor english)

Guest Azzay
Liquid's touch screen sensitivity is to low to me, even set to high.

After the phone was rooted, I did a `find /sys | grep sensitivity` and found something.

Here we go:

#!/system/bin/sh

sensitivity=25

noise=25

echo "set sensitivity to $sensitivity"

echo $sensitivity > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity

echo "set noise to $noise"

echo $noise > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise

echo "done"
Default value of sensitivity and noise are 75, I set both to 25 to fit my need. Haven't find out how to apply this after phone boots, so I made a script to do it manually using Gscript Lite. Note I only tested it on LiquidE 1.100.05 rom, and root is needed. This only affects touch screen, but not the 4 buttons bellow(keypad). Keypad's sensitivity can be set from Settings -> Sound & display -> Keypad sensitivity. Set it to high works pretty good for me. You can download the attachment, rename to sensitivity.sh, put it to /sdcard/gscript/, and add it to Gscript Lite. sensitivity.txt Update: Thanks to malez for pointing out how to keep it permanent under LCR ROM:

Hi im sorry for being a noob here. I've rooted my liquid to 1.100.05. I just dunno how to use this sensitivity script. I've added to Gscript but i dunno how to "activate/run" the script cause when i try to run in Gscript i just got a blue screen. Also what is "LCR"? I tried to use cmd and this is what i get. Im using windows 7 by the way.

Again im so sorry for asking noob questions! But how do i use the script? Thanks.

C:\>cd AndroidSDK/tools

C:\AndroidSDK\tools>adb devices

List of devices attached

0000007459049764 device

C:\AndroidSDK\tools>adb shell ins_run sensitive.sh "echo 25 > /sys/devices/platf

orm/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/sensitivity ; echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-a

dapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise"

ins_run: permission denied

C:\AndroidSDK\tools>adb shell

$ ins_run sensitive.sh "echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c

/sensitivity ; echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise"

ins_run sensitive.sh "echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/s

ensitivity ; echo 25 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-005c/noise"

ins_run: permission denied

Guest HustlinDaily

Rename the txt file to sensitivity.sh

Put that file on your sdcard in the folder for gscript.

Run gscript, and run that sensitivity.sh file.

Btw from what I understand, you hafta do it on every boot. Some custom ROMs have it built in and malez provided an update.zip file if you use LCR.

Guest azuwis
Hi im sorry for being a noob here. I've rooted my liquid to 1.100.05. I just dunno how to use this sensitivity script. I've added to Gscript but i dunno how to "activate/run" the script cause when i try to run in Gscript i just got a blue screen. Also what is "LCR"? I tried to use cmd and this is what i get. Im using windows 7 by the way.

In the blue screen, you should see this output:

set sensitivity to 25

set noise to 25

done

that means values are successfully set.

LCR means Liquid Community ROM, see here http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-v1-6-18-05-10/

If you want to keep it permanent, you have to flash a custom ROM, like LCR, Xian, Batista70phone. Some custom ROMs already do this for you(and no one mentioned me except malez :( ), check the changelog, if sensitivity is mentioned, then you just need an update.

Edited by azuwis