[FroYo ROM] - DeFroST 0.6

Guest afiorillo

Guest bungle89

Bluetooth now working in version 0.4! :(

Not had a chance to test for echo as only just installed it!

radio is standard, should i upgrade it?

Cheers

Guest chrmrt

I have defrost 0.4 too, and I have never touched the radio on my phone..

I just tested this with my old mobile phone, and there is no echo

Guest bungle89

Cheers for the help.

Well I am going to upgrade the radio to the latest version to see if that solves it!

What is the latest version?

Can a radio be used on all Roms? I am not 100% sure what the radio actually is!!

Any help would be great.

Cheers!!

Guest afiorillo
[...]

What is the latest version?

[...]

You can safely use this radio ROM. Remember to issue a "Reboot system now" command from the console just after flashing the zip and to wait the whole procedure to come to an end (you'll see unusual icons on the screen, but just wait: ROM radios flash themselves upon reboot).

Edited by afiorillo

Guest bungle89

Ok.. I have just flashed the radio ROM, but I still have the same problem :(

I guess I am going to have to un-root/run the generic RUU to check its not hardware related??

I don't want to have to root again really though :(

Cheers

Guest VeeDubZ

I've the echo on mine with mcr 3.1 and the latest radio so its not unique to the froyo build, seems to only be in some of the calls though, others its fine. could be to do with the network or even the phone that your calling

Edited by VeeDubZ

Guest bungle89

O right! Cheers for that!

Somebody else is having the problem in the DeFroST 0.4 ROM so I am going to see if any help can be found in there.

If not is there anything I can do?

Should i get it replaced for not working as it should? Can I even?!

Cheers

Guest Bol2riz

I've just came back to MCR 3.1 despite the great rom DeFrost 0.4 is but there is not significant difference between MCR with a2sd and froyo.

And to be honest my POV is losing Sense UI for a stock android froyo is not possible for me.

Thanks to Richard

Thanks again to Paul

And finally I would say that HTC have designed an incredible and addictive UI. Everytime I've tryed stock android rom it was like loosing a kind of link between my phone and I...

HTC and Paul "Quietly brilliant"... So true !

Edited by Bol2riz

Guest pppack

Tried this (the 0.4 version), but it gave me a wifi error. It works but when it finds my home network it has issues reconnecting.

Does anyone recognize this?

Correction! It was my own home connection which gave the error. No wifi error. Really need to switch to another provider...

But this rom still gave me a camera error. And it seemes that the processor is continue on full capacity.

But still, on wifi the internet is incredibly fast!!

Edited by pppack

Guest arielext

I don't miss sense now stock android is better with exchange. This rom is really good and every update mkes it just a bit better. You do have to take care though that EVERY app that needs to be present right after a boot is installed on the phone (e.g. launcher replacements, widgets etc.).

Got ~ 80 MB space free on my phone (with 6 private games; they can't be moved, yet?) always around 200MB ram (it's either the kernel or froyo that makes every kind of killer; even the auto killes completely useless) free and a lightning fast phone all the time.

Thx to all that made this phone experience happen for me, but a special thx to Paul, without him we coudn't even play around with our phones this way! and Richard for the awesome kernel tweaks and the froyo rom

Edited by arielext

Guest Jakka777

Bit of a problem here. Probably a really newbish one, too. The ROM doesn't detect my SD card. People over at xda-devs mentioned Froyo not supporting external partitions, so I re-formatted the card with little difference. I've tried wiping the sd ext through recovery, but it keeps telling me to 'run 'wipe ext' via adb'.

Guest dancedreamfly
Bit of a problem here. Probably a really newbish one, too. The ROM doesn't detect my SD card. People over at xda-devs mentioned Froyo not supporting external partitions, so I re-formatted the card with little difference. I've tried wiping the sd ext through recovery, but it keeps telling me to 'run 'wipe ext' via adb'.

Partition in recovery. Swap=0mb, ext2=0mb, fat32=remaining

Guest Jakka777
Partition in recovery. Swap=0mb, ext2=0mb, fat32=remaining

God, thank you so much. I spent like six hours, formatting, reformatting, flashing and wondering what's wrong. You win over 9000 internets and a cookie. :(

Guest abc27
I felt the same mate, Sense is such a brilliant overlay and the blackness of Vanilla Android if just horrible in my opinion.

Also, even with better Exchange Support in FroYo, still can't set Out of Office like you can on the HTC Mail Application.

FroYo with Sense would be a dream, but I'm guessing that won't happen unless it comes from HTC :(

All we need is for HTC to release 2.2 which is apparently only 22 days away.

Guest Need_A_Username
Because HTC stated that FroYo will be out for the Desire on June, 23rd.

Would be nice, Froyo with sense and Eminem's new album with only a day between them :( :(

Guest pampyre

Is this set in stone now then? I only heard the 'a support person told me' rumour regarding the 23rd (which has been hugely viral, juding by a quick google search).

Guest Robboftw

Got an official link that actually states that?

Or is it that "guy" who spoke to someone at HTC who said something about Apps2SD?

Guest l1nuxfre4k

Hm is it normal that the LED light never turns off?

my orange led light wont turn off lol

edit: Fixed after reflash.

apps2d not working good?

or just me having problems?

to use it all should be fat32 correct?

Edited by l1nuxfre4k