What happened to my phone root dir??

Guest jdwis

Guest jdwis

Hi guys

I heard about villian rom so tried flashing it, but then due to Apps2SD didnt work on it there, I wanted to revert back to my mcr 3.2, when i flashed mcr 3.2 it worked fine, then updated sound file, no probs..

later when installing other applications, backed up by Titanium, it started giving error that App can not be installed, so again and again I rebooted the phone, flashed with mcr3.2 again and again but no luck.

checking the phone again with adb I found this has happened to the root directory of my phone.

I am not a linux savvy, just know a little bit...

I have attached a pic of it, please help sorting out my prob..

thanks

post-660824-1275309580_thumb.jpg

Guest Dan Mullen
Hi guys

I heard about villian rom so tried flashing it, but then due to Apps2SD didnt work on it there, I wanted to revert back to my mcr 3.2, when i flashed mcr 3.2 it worked fine, then updated sound file, no probs..

later when installing other applications, backed up by Titanium, it started giving error that App can not be installed, so again and again I rebooted the phone, flashed with mcr3.2 again and again but no luck.

checking the phone again with adb I found this has happened to the root directory of my phone.

I am not a linux savvy, just know a little bit...

I have attached a pic of it, please help sorting out my prob..

thanks

That's normal with MCR3.2 - it's just that Windows command prompt doesn't understand the colour codes returned in the output. If you add the --color=none option to the ls command, you will see correctly formatted output.

Guest Matchstick

I've found a way to enable the colours in a standard Windows Command Window .

It's a freeware programme called ANSICON

If you run it in the Command Window manually before running ADB Shell then you'll see the correct colours in ls.

colourshell.jpg

Even better if you run "ansicon.exe -i" ansicon will add itself into the AutoRun registry entry for cmd.exe so it will start automatically when you run CMD.

Unfortunately while the install option worked on an XP box it doesn't seem to work on the Win7 64bit box I've tried but starting ANSICON manually there does seem to work OK.

http://adoxa.110mb.com/ansicon/index.html

Edited by Matchstick

Guest zorm
I've found a way to enable the colours in a standard Windows Command Window .

It's a freeware programme called ANSICON

Cheers muchly :( I had been using a modified Putty as a local terminal (not got the author or url to hand), but this seems cleaner.

Guest Dan Mullen

One other thing - I also tried VillainROM and went back to MCR3.2. I was also unable to restore some apps from Titanium Backup. I put this down to the differences between 1.5 and 2.1. Most apps restored fine, the rest were easily installable. The only thing is I lost a lot of high scores in various games!