OFFICAL 2.1 OTA is OUT

Guest nickppl

Guest Geochelone

YEAH! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5! F5 F5 F5!

Guest WonderStivi

Looking forward to the release of a stable, full-featured custom 2.1 rom based on official sources, like Paul's MCR 3.2. Using Cronos 1.4.1 right now, and although it's an excellent rom it needs small tweaks and fixes. Hopefully an official release will eliminate those needs. Waiting in awe...

Edited by WonderStivi

Guest Carl_Brummy
Has anyone tried the new radio with MCR 3.0???

I flashed the new radio, then got a "Network Locked!" message and couldn't use the phone, so dont flash this image yet!

Carl.

Guest kn8sk

Well it's kinda anticlimactic at this point. Very decent and usable 2.1 roms for hero have been around for a long time now. I just can't be excited now that Froyo is taking over the news.

Still, I look forward to what Paul does with this.

Edited by kn8sk

Guest bunt83
Well it's kinda anticlimacting at this point. Very decent and usable 2.1 roms for hero have been around for a long time now. I just can't be excited now that Froyo is taking over the news.

Still, I look forward to what Paul does with this.

I don't understand why people are still moaning? The hacked together 2.1 ROM's are decent but nowhere near perfect. There's just too many issues to use it for daily use!

Now we have an official ROM from HTC, hopefully the chef's will provide fully working stable 2.1 ROM's :(

Guest ZeppeMan
I flashed the new radio, then got a "Network Locked!" message and couldn't use the phone, so dont flash this image yet!

Carl.

No problems here. Flashed this new RADIO over Androbin_R ROM, it's working like a charm :(

Guest Lordsmiff
there is no 3D PHOTO。。NO live wallpaper in HTC offical 2.1!!!

I'm not too worried about the live wallpaper - gimmicky at best, albeit a nice gimmick but i can't stand the 3D gallery thing so won't miss that in the slightest...roll on MCR 4 :(

Smiffy.

Guest 42turkeys

I think it's worth adding in the first post:

DO NOT FLASH THE OFFICIAL UPDATE, WAIT FOR MCR 4 OR YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR ROOT!

Guest bunt83

Carl.

Carl, what network you on?

And what ROM are you using??

Guest kn8sk
I don't understand why people are still moaning? The hacked together 2.1 ROM's are decent but nowhere near perfect. There's just too many issues to use it for daily use!

Now we have an official ROM from HTC, hopefully the chef's will provide fully working stable 2.1 ROM's :(

Not moaning. I have been using 2.1, pretty stable roms nor about 3 months now. Actually, if I were to flash the official stock update I'd LOSE features at this point. Nothing is perfect, but all problems were related to the features I don't use, like friendstream etc... (fortunatelly). I don't use the phone to play around, or flash different rom every day, so I wouldn`t stand something that is not usable for daily use, trust me. Moreover, noone said the official update is perfect either. If official update was so good, we wouldn't need Paul modifying, hacking and fixing it :(

As I said, I look forward to MCR based on this update, and I'll almost certainly switch to this. I'm just not totally ecstatic about it. I DO understand why people who were stuck with 1.6 are so happy though. I was happy too, when I found my first usable 2.1 rom. Not trying to spoil the mood here :o

Guest 42turkeys
Looks like Orange UK having trouble with this?

Yeah, over at VillainRom they are saying not to flash it on Orange.

Typical, best day for Custom Roms and my Hero is out of action because my dad got it soaked in water! :(

Guest Lordsmiff

Am I not right in thinking that if you do flash this new radio and it doesn't work for you, yo can just flash back to an older one?

I'm only concerned because I've got an orange uk hero unlocked and working on t-mobile and I don't want a radio flash to network lock it again...

I'm pretty sure it would be alright but I don't want to take the chance without knowing my plan b :(

Guest bunt83
Not moaning. I have been using 2.1, pretty stable roms nor about 3 months now. Actually, if I were to flash the official stock update I'd LOSE features at this point. Nothing is perfect, but all problems were related to the features I don't use, like friendstream etc... (fortunatelly). I don't use the phone to play around, or flash different rom every day, so I wouldn`t stand something that is not usable for daily use, trust me. Moreover, noone said the official update is perfect either. If official update was so good, we wouldn't need Paul modifying, hacking and fixing it :(

As I said, I look forward to MCR based on this update, and I'll almost certainly switch to this. I'm just not totally ecstatic about it. I DO understand why people who were stuck with 1.6 are so happy though. I was happy too, when I found my first usable 2.1 rom. Not trying to spoil the mood here :(

Good points there mate!

Out of interest, what 2.1 ROM are you using for daily use? I never found one that I was happy with...

Guest jonathanmusto

This is excellent news! Finally! Hopefully Paul will start working on MCR4.0, but with the Amazing weather in the UK at the moment I doubt that will soon!

Guest 42turkeys
Am I not right in thinking that if you do flash this new radio and it doesn't work for you, yo can just flash back to an older one?

I'm only concerned because I've got an orange uk hero unlocked and working on t-mobile and I don't want a radio flash to network lock it again...

I'm pretty sure it would be alright but I don't want to take the chance without knowing my plan b :(

On VillainRom IRC there are people who flashed but then flashed back with no problems.