The goal is to keep your device as untouched as possible and to be able to provide the dump.
It is specially usefull if you have a new devices for wich we don't have the dump. So please dump you system if your are this one.
First of all i don't advice you to install lastest sdk because adb tools where updated for froyo and can have problems to access device. That's why i provide you an archive with adb in it.
I) Before device (preparing operation)
1) install acer drivers : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E5PTHL3O (reboot the computer to be sure they are isntalled)
2) download this archive (in next step i will call it superboot.zip)
3) Extract the content of Superboot.zip to a directory, let's say c:\superboot.
4) Copy adb-windows.exe to adb.exe (copy not move) IMPORTANT. To be clear you can even rename adb-windows.exe to adb.exe or duplicate the adb-windows.exe file and rename the duplicate file to adb.exe
5) Download this archive http://www.4shared.c...Ib/mzTools.html
6) Extract the content of mzTools.zip in the same directory as the content of superboot.zip
7) Test can you can use adb :
7a) open a terminal emulator ( start / execute / cmd )
7b) move to the directory where you have stored tools using cd command (for exemple cd \superboot)
7c) adb devices -> should return "List of devices attached" and nothing more.
7d) you adb installation is ready
II) When you have the device (dumping)
1) Go in Settings / About Phone and note all informations provided
2) Go in Settings / Applications / Developement and enable USB debuging (without this will not be able to do nothing)
3) Connect the phone to usb
Connecting to the device
4a)open a terminal emulator ( start / execute / cmd ) From now : all operation must be done in the terminal emulator
4b) move to the directory where you have stored tools using cd command (for exemple cd \superboot)
4c) adb devices -> should return "List of devices attached" and a device with a number (that is your phone)
Dumping system content
5) adb root
5) adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/
6) adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/busybox
7) adb shell /data/local/tmp/busybox tar czvf /sdcard/liquidEsystem.tgz /system
Dumping boot content (does not always work)
need to be completed to gain root access
8) adb root
8a) adb push dump_image /data/local/tmp/
9) adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/dump_image
10) adb shell /data/local/tmp/dump_image boot /sdcard/liquidEboot.img
11) adb pull /sdcard/liquidEsystem.tgz . (will take a long time)
12) adb pull /sdcard/liquidEboot.img .
Files will be in your superboot directory
Cleaning all traces of operation on your phone
13) adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/dump_image
14) adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/busybox
15) adb shell rm /sdcard/liquidEsystem.tgz
16) adb shell rm /sdcard/liquidEboot.img
Disable usb debugging. You phone is the same as out of box.
liquidEsystem.tgz and liquidEboot.img files
Edited by malez, 07 October 2010 - 06:52 AM.