How to dump system and boot from a standard device

Guest malez

Guest Pretoriano80

Hi,

i could be wrong but i think Malez said that the device must be rooted in order to complete the dump proccess....maybe Malez will see this and give you a hand soon.Btw it seem that the rom version is newer than the Rogers's one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest Achmet Schachbrett

Dear all,

I get the following error: adbd root cannot run in production builds. It is a device that will hit the market soon and I would have liked to provide a dump but I don't know if Malez Recovery could fix this...

Guest Borkata
Dear all,

I get the following error: adbd root cannot run in production builds. It is a device that will hit the market soon and I would have liked to provide a dump but I don't know if Malez Recovery could fix this...

First you have to prepare superboot (dump boot partition with dd command and unpack, change default.prop and other things) and flash through fastboot.

Guest Achmet Schachbrett
First you have to prepare superboot (dump boot partition with dd command and unpack, change default.prop and other things) and flash through fastboot.

Hi Borkata,

do you have a little bit more detail? DD command??? I thought all this is supposed to be done by mztools?

Guest malez
Dear all,

Don"t bother about the adb root command.

You won"t manage to gain root but you will be able the follow next steps. Dumping system with Ć©busybox tar ..." will be OK but dumping boot image will fail.

I you want to try rooting the device to be able to dump boot. You can try my easy root kit. http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez...mp;can=2&q=

Just follow steps written on your computer screen.

root your phone with this tool, then, instead of steps 8 to 10, do the following :

adb shell

su

/data/local/tmp/dump_image boot /sdcard/liquidEboot.img

Edited by malez

Guest Achmet Schachbrett
Don"t bother about the adb root command.

You won"t manage to gain root but you will be able the follow next steps. Dumping system with Ć©busybox tar ..." will be OK but dumping boot image will fail.

I you want to try rooting the device to be able to dump boot. You can try my easy root kit. http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez...mp;can=2&q=

Just follow steps written on your computer screen.

root your phone with this tool, then, instead of steps 8 to 10, do the following :

adb shell

su

/data/local/tmp/dump_image boot /sdcard/liquidEboot.img

Thx, will try tomorrow.

Guest Borkata

Malez is right, you can try installing busybox on data partition - check google for guide.

Can you please provide list with partitions running command cat /proc/mtd ?

Guest Achmet Schachbrett
Malez is right, you can try installing busybox on data partition - check google for guide.

Can you please provide list with partitions running command cat /proc/mtd ?

I need to dump boot.img as well though which is why I used the file provided by malez which did not work. I'd appreciate a little more help since I need root access first before I can do anything else.

Guest Achmet Schachbrett
You can try Universal Androot apk then execute malez guide in first post.

Tried SuperOneClick v1.7 and it did not work. The program kept freezing itself...

Guest makoblaster

Here you are! This is Liquid E rom 2.2.2 Vodafone Branded. I don't know if this causes problem.

Edited by makoblaster

Guest malez
Here you are! This is Liquid E rom 2.2.2 Vodafone Branded. I don't know if this causes problem.

Thank you very much.

EDIT : It is Acer_LiquidE_4.008.08_EMEA_VFIT. The bin is available here http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...act-collection/ (in case you need to restore it and send it back for service, as out of box)

Edited by malez

Guest Achmet Schachbrett
Have you tried z4root? :D

Yes, tried it now but independently from trying temp or permanent root, I get a message to turn on USB debugging. But USB debugging is turned on!

Kernel is way newer...that might be the issue. What can we do?

Guest vache
Yes, tried it now but independently from trying temp or permanent root, I get a message to turn on USB debugging. But USB debugging is turned on!

Kernel is way newer...that might be the issue. What can we do?

What about "adb pull /system myfolder" ?

It may skip some files, but it's not important.

Btw, we already have leak from the Iconia Smart, version 0.019.00 (complet bin). What's your system version ?

Guest Achmet Schachbrett
What about "adb pull /system myfolder" ?

It may skip some files, but it's not important.

Btw, we already have leak from the Iconia Smart, version 0.019.00 (complet bin). What's your system version ?

0.020.01_EMEA_GEN1...got the myfolder, now what?