Custom UI

Guest jlgreg

Guest jlgreg

Hiya

Now its been rooted, will it be possible to go back to the Android UI rather than the Dell customised one?

Also I tried a demo unit in an O2 store and it seemed a bit laggy to me. It also seemed very big lol.

I'm very tempted though but will wait to see a few video reviews and the new iPhone is announced tomorrow - see what tricks (if any) that has up its sleeve!

John

Guest courtlandre

If froyo is put on it then it would be stock android, but it wont make it smaller haha.

New iphone has a smaller screen than the current one... rubbish!

Guest jlgreg
If froyo is put on it then it would be stock android, but it wont make it smaller haha.

New iphone has a smaller screen than the current one... rubbish!

Well I like the iPhone - its a good phone with some great apps, but even with a jailbroken one it feels restricted and I'm feeling more and more drawn to an Android phone. People want to be able to customise their phones to suit there lifestyle. The flexibility of Android is great and if its rooted then the possibilities are endless.

Why would Froyo make it stock UI? If someone ports a rom over yes, but when Dell send an OTA update it will still have there UI on it. There should be and option to have both.

Guest courtlandre

When dell does the update it will probably be their custom ui. If the rom chefs put froyo on before the dell update it will be stock most likely.

You know the home screens can be changes? Look up helix launcher on youtube. A version of it can be put on the streak right now.

Guest jlgreg
When dell does the update it will probably be their custom ui. If the rom chefs put froyo on before the dell update it will be stock most likely.

You know the home screens can be changes? Look up helix launcher on youtube. A version of it can be put on the streak right now.

Thanks for the info will look at that.