'No Service' issues

Guest snpg

Guest snpg

I hope no-one minds me posting this as a topic.

I am experiencing 'No Service' issues on the Streak. The phone will be fine and then suddently lose service and then re-gain it and then a few seconds later it will lose it again and then re-gain, it can do this quite a few times. It can then be fine for a minute and then does it again. I am in a strong O2 area and I have not experienced this issue before.

I thought it may be down to Advanced Task Killer so I removed that app and rebooted but it still does it. I am worried it is a problem with the phone. I have checked the sim and it is clean and fitted tightly in the sim slot.

Could it be another app interfering?

Anyone got any ideas of what it could be?

I am thinking of taking it back to CPW, but I thought I would find out if anyone is experiencing a similar thing.

Guest snpg

I checked it a fews times during the evening and it had stopped doing it. Will check it occasionally at work today and if it persists I'll either reset it or take it back.

Edited by snpg

Guest snpg

Well I kept checking it at work today. Unfortunately I seem to be in an O2 3G/HSDPA hole where I work so only get GPRS. Anyway it didn't lose signal once.

When I got home the 3G/HSDPA re-appeared and then it started to lose signal again - it's almost like it's rebooting. Did a system re-set but it is still doing it. Just wonder if it's particularly sensitive where I live.

I am off to London on Friday for the weekend so will keep an eye on it to see if it does it there.

Edited by snpg

Guest MarcO2

It seems to have been a slight issue with the units, when we received our demo handset on the release day it kept dropping signal but after about two hours it managed to find an update that fixed the issue :)

Guest mrgdavies
It seems to have been a slight issue with the units, when we received our demo handset on the release day it kept dropping signal but after about two hours it managed to find an update that fixed the issue :)

I am suffering the same issues, it will drop service for a few seconds then regain it, seems to be happening all the time even when I have full signal. Where did this update that you received come from? I have tried to check for system updates but it says my device is up to date.

Cheers

@mrgdavies

Well it's good to know that I am not the only one suffering from this problem. Thought for a moment I might be going mad.

@MarcO2

It would be great if you could tell us where the update comes from, otherwise I think the device will have to go back. :)

Guest MarcO2

We weren't totally sure where it came from but we suspect it might have been o2 itself as it came up as an o2 notification. I'll get more concrete info and post when i get to work today

Guest rugbyleaguefan

I've not had an update either, mine is still showing as build 3883

When i click Update Software it also shows as no update available too

Guest mrgdavies

Same build number 3883 for me too... I installed the no signal app from the marketplace which is supposed to notify when you go out of signal and back in again. Typically today in work it didn't do it once, but as soon as I got home its done it a couple of times, makes me wonder if something may be causing some interference?

Guest rugbyleaguefan
Same build number 3883 for me too... I installed the no signal app from the marketplace which is supposed to notify when you go out of signal and back in again. Typically today in work it didn't do it once, but as soon as I got home its done it a couple of times, makes me wonder if something may be causing some interference?

Mine seems to always happen in the centre of Leeds, but not a problem in Sheffield, or to my surprise all the way from Sheffield to Leeds and Back on the train..

Why does this remind me of the problems USA users where having with the Nexus One when it first came out? They complained about signal issues with 3G too and that has the same processor etc as the Streak - wonder if it's related?

Guest mrgdavies

Its getting ridiculous tonight been out of signal pretty much every minute or 2. Weirdest thing is I get full mobile signal and hsdpa in my house and this is the only place it does it so far.

Wonder if it could be an issue with o2, whereabouts are you having issues, I live in warrington and that's where I'm having problems

Edited by mrgdavies

Guest MarcO2

My Apologies everyone i meant 3883, just was in a rush to type at work :) and the update was released as an internal announcement for us to pass on today so i am not too sure as to why some cant see it....

Guest crapbag172
My Apologies everyone i meant 3883, just was in a rush to type at work :) and the update was released as an internal announcement for us to pass on today so i am not too sure as to why some cant see it....

3883 is the build everyone has.....

is it me or does his guy seem like he is bullsh**ing? this dude doesnt work at o2. i know I dont have the best username but why would you put O2 in your name? you obviously get a kick from people thinking you "work" at o2

Its getting ridiculous tonight been out of signal pretty much every minute or 2. Weirdest thing is I get full mobile signal and hsdpa in my house and this is the only place it does it so far.

Wonder if it could be an issue with o2, whereabouts are you having issues, I live in warrington and that's where I'm having problems

I live in Oxton in Birkenhead. I've switched my phone to GSM only (still get an Edge connection) and it's been sweet as a nut plus the battery has hardly depleted (whereas the other night on 3G it dropped 50%). Seems to be just 3G/HSDPA that is the problem.

I'm sure I heard once that if you live in an area that has mutiple 3G cell towers that phones tend to hook onto one in particular but in some instances phones can be so sensitive that they keep jumping. Could just be a lot of bulls*t.