61 replies to this topic

Restless_UK

Restless_UK

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:HTC One
I get the same message as the guy below. i have 0.80 and installed the "rootedupdate.zip" to my desire. i am a little usure if it is properly rooted as i did step 1 via windows fine, and ran step 2 but has access denied at the end.. i have since been installing Roms fine using the "recovery-windows.bat" and installing from zip. i wish to install the o2 rom for warrenty but thats 0.75 boot rom so need to back track the boot version.

software:

Firmware : 2.1-updat1

Kernel : 2.6.29-82821fb5

Build : 1.15.405.4 CL155070 release-keys

Software No. : 1.15.405.4

any quick ways of confirming if it's rooted or not?

im trying to downgrade and get ........ to' /data/flash image' : permission denied

i tried googling and people say u need a rooted android to be able to do it??

but im pretty sure when i went to try root my android it says to follow this topic before rooting if you dont meet the requirements??

please help ^^

Nightowl17

Nightowl17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Htc Desire
Hello,

I accidentally installed on my HTC ROM 1.22.771.1 Desire French. I no longer have access to the network with.
The HBoot of this ROM is 0.80, the Device Is Not Root.
Is what I can do something to replace the ROM with a 1.15 or 1.21?
Manipulation does not work:

/data/flash_image': Permission denied

Have you got a solution for downgrade the Hboot ? It's need to be root or not ?

Very sorry for my bad english, and thanks for your help .

yukkio

yukkio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X

Hello,

I accidentally installed on my HTC ROM 1.22.771.1 Desire French. I no longer have access to the network with.
The HBoot of this ROM is 0.80, the Device Is Not Root.
Is what I can do something to replace the ROM with a 1.15 or 1.21?
Manipulation does not work:

/data/flash_image': Permission denied
Have you got a solution for downgrade the Hboot ? It's need to be root or not ?

Very sorry for my bad english, and thanks for your help .

If you get permission denied I think this method is for rooted devices.

BR.

rhedgehog

rhedgehog

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Tech, Tech and More Tech
  • Devices:Sensation XL
  • Twitter:@rhedgehog

If you get permission denied I think this method is for rooted devices.

BR.

I find that it did not work when I tried using a terminal app on the phone itself, i would get permission denied errors.
However, i instead did it in shell in adb.

so

instead of typing the two commands in a terminal program on the phone, type ' adb shell ' in the same window you issued the previous adb commands
enter the two commands
type exit to exit the shell
carry on with the adb reboot oem-78 command

that worked quite happily on a non-rooted, 1.21 phone.

now downgraded back to 0.75 bootloader allowing me to install the older rom i need for testing at work.

Sensation XL
---------------

Life sucks when you're an insomniac. Even when you're being bored to death, you're awake for every second of it!!

kaska_pt

kaska_pt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:Htc One X / Huawei Ideos X5
  • Twitter:@ncasquinha
any chance this works on the Legend with some changes or so? bootloader 43.0003...

Current devices:
HTC One X / Huawei Ideos X5

My previous devices:
Nexus S/Htc Desire/ZTE Blade/Htc Legend/Hero/Tytn;Qtek 9100/9090;Nokia 5800XM/N82/6680/6630/6600/3330/3210;Panasonic GD50;Alcatel One Touch Easy

rhedgehog

rhedgehog

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Tech, Tech and More Tech
  • Devices:Sensation XL
  • Twitter:@rhedgehog
WARNING:

Just tried this on a 0.83.0001 bootloader and am now getting the 'permission denied' error when trying to push the files across.

any ideas? I can;t even get the files across like i could on the 0.80 bootloader device.

Although on the upside, the Serial port profile in bluetooth now seems to work properly....

Edited by rhedgehog, 23 July 2010 - 04:33 PM.

Sensation XL
---------------

Life sucks when you're an insomniac. Even when you're being bored to death, you're awake for every second of it!!

biker200

biker200

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:mio a701
is there another way to download the file? as the site http://ks33673.kimsufi.com/misc/ down.
tnx

AntiSlash

AntiSlash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Work fine for me !!!
I'm back to 0.75, thank's a lot !!!

venturerider

venturerider

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero, Asus Transformer

WARNING:

Just tried this on a 0.83.0001 bootloader and am now getting the 'permission denied' error when trying to push the files across.

any ideas? I can;t even get the files across like i could on the 0.80 bootloader device.

Although on the upside, the Serial port profile in bluetooth now seems to work properly....

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does this technique actually work with HBOOT 0.83.0001? I would love to root my new Telus Desire!

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.

Ohalalyeah

Ohalalyeah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Prophet

THE ORIGINAL THREAD CAN BE FOUND HERE
After alot of playing around at the #modaco IRC and reading this thread I tried to actually downgrade my hboot from 0.75 to 0.66 (dont ask me how I got 0.66).

OBS! There is no reason to downgrade in case you already have hboot version 0.75 or a rooted 0.80 device. This guide is for future leaks of a ENG spl or such.

Now here are the steps I took:

1. Download a RUU with your desired HBOOT version. Note down the version of the RUU's ROM, e.g. 1.15.405.4.
You can find a list of RUU's here

2. Go to this mtd0.img CID generator

3. In the CID generator enter the ROM version you noted down and set CID to 11111111. Let it generate and download it.

4. Download flash_image binary from here and then do the following in adb while the phone is connected:

adb push /{the folder u downloaded it to}/flash_image /data
adb push /{the folder u downloaded it to}/mtd0.img /data

5. In terminal app type following:
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image misc /data/mtd0.img
Now the mainversion is changed, so that the we pass the RUU's version checking.

6. Type the following while you're device is connected to adb:
adb reboot oem-78
It will now reboot into RUU mode. OBS! dont panic, its supposed to just a image, nothing more. Make sure USB cable is connected to the device by:
fastboot devices

If it returns with a device, then you're good.

7. Run the RUU and let it work. Enjoy your downgraded HBOOT version.

I finally managed to execute below commands successfully after typing "su" command in terminal app.

su [press enter]
chmod 755 /data/flash_image [press enter]
chmod 755 /data/mtd0.img [press enter]

Then I have done your Step 6, my Desire device showed "hTC" image while connected with the PC, HTC Sync was on, goldcard was in Desire (have tried not using goldcard also). But I don't understand what you meant by
"If it returns with a device, then you're good"

Then I run the RUU at hboot 0.75 (my Desire is currently 0.80), it said ERROR 140 Bootloader version error. What went wrong? Pls help!

Raz2133

Raz2133

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

I finally managed to execute below commands successfully after typing "su" command in terminal app.

su [press enter]
chmod 755 /data/mtd0.img [press enter]

Then I have done your Step 6, my Desire device showed "hTC" image while connected with the PC, HTC Sync was on, goldcard was in Desire (have tried not using goldcard also). But I don't understand what you meant by
"If it returns with a device, then you're good"

Then I run the RUU at hboot 0.75 (my Desire is currently 0.80), it said ERROR 140 Bootloader version error. What went wrong? Pls help!

The commands you typed in the terminal are incorrect.

Try this...

su [press enter]
/data/flash_image misc /data/mtd0.img [press enter]

There is actually an easier way to downgrade your bootblock.

Since your Desire is already rooted, you just need to use a custom recovery to apply the update.zip from the thread below.

http://android.modac...d-b0rked-fixed/

You do not need to follow the other instructions in that thread, you just need to apply the update.zip linked there.

That particular update.zip was created to fix the USB brick issue, but it also allows you to run an earlier RUU and downgrade your bootblock.

In short; copy update.zip to sdcard - boot into custom recovery - apply the update.zip - reboot phone - connect to PC - run RUU file

Edited by Raz2133, 08 August 2010 - 04:38 AM.

Ohalalyeah

Ohalalyeah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Prophet

The commands you typed in the terminal are incorrect.

Try this...

su [press enter]
/data/flash_image misc /data/mtd0.img [press enter]

There is actually an easier way to downgrade your bootblock.

Since your Desire is already rooted, you just need to use a custom recovery to apply the update.zip from the thread below.

http://android.modac...d-b0rked-fixed/

You do not need to follow the other instructions in that thread, you just need to apply the update.zip linked there.

That particular update.zip was created to fix the USB brick issue, but it also allows you to run an earlier RUU and downgrade your bootblock.

In short; copy update.zip to sdcard - boot into custom recovery - apply the update.zip - reboot phone - connect to PC - run RUU file

Great! Your instructions are more clear! I've downgraded the hboot by flashing a RUU rom, but ................

I've flashed RUU_Bravo_hTC_Asia_HK_CHT_1.01.832.1_Radio_32.26.0 0.24U_4.04.00.03_2_test_132015 and there are 3 problems:

1. hboot becomes 0.66 now
2. it says no update when I do upgrade through OTA
3. it has a band saying that it is HTC confidential ROM on each screen after I flash this RUU rom.

The plan of downgrading hboot from 0.80 to 0.75 and unrooting my Desire is to flash an older version of RUU HK rom, and then upgrade it to latest HK official ROM through OTA with the unrooted state. Then in future I can upgrade my Desire to 2.2 HK official rom through OTA.

But my plan is failed due to the above reason. Can anyone help?!

Thanks

desaster

desaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:htc desire
i think i need help. i want to downgrade my unrooted desire(amoled) from hboot 0.92.
i tried to flash the pb99img with fastboot/ruu on win xp 32 system. after the first run it has an error (90 hboot pre update) and the screen switched off.
the second run works fine but the screen is still blank. "fastboot getvar all" says its hboot 0.80. mainversion 2.09.
after that i tried to fix the misc, but i have no root and in recovery i cant see the output. but cause i have tried many things i guess the "apply update.zip from sdcard" ends with "signature verify fail"
then i tried to start RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2. it says rom version 1.21, but ends with "bootloader version error"
the only rom i can flash is RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.09.405.8 with damn hboot 0.92.
i´m at my wit´s end. can anybody help me please?
excuse my bad english but i´m from germany.

Edited by desaster, 27 August 2010 - 03:35 AM.

wiggy6230

wiggy6230

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus One
Hi Desaster,

I followed the guide at this link, it details everything you need and has video hows as well, which are good to watch as a visual to the written guides.

I was on an OTA 2.2, bootloader upgraded to 0.92 and have managed to downgrade to 0.80 and then root and update to 2.2 as per the guide I flash using the unrevoked method decribed. Also my HTC Desire has an AMOLED screen.

I have flashed a few MoDaCo custom R8 ROMs and not had any problems.

http://www.android-t...dev/?page_id=78

Also a very good question and asnwer section at this link on XDA.

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=749551

I am far from an expert in this, I read and learn alot from the forums.

All CREDIT to the Originators.

Hope this helps.

Doug

Wiggy6230

HTC Desire C
Android 4.0.3
Sense 4.0
SW Number 1.45.1132.4

32Gb MicroSD

desaster

desaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:htc desire
Thank you Doug,

but my problem has changed a little. i have managed to get root with unrevoke, then i fixed the misc, made a clean install of a stock rom 1.21.504.2 hboot 0.80, unrevoked again but i still have a black screen.
my display is amoled.
Perhaps your links will give me the help i need to solve the problem.

how can i flash 2.09.405.8-update-bravo-stock-rooted-withradio-signed clockworkmod when i cant see anthing??

thanks once again.

edit: it seems i still have problems with the screen. it is still black. i have root in all adb modes. need some good tips pls.
what can i do to fix this blackscreen problem. i dont want to upgrade hboot. i am sure i have no slcd.

Edited by desaster, 27 August 2010 - 11:58 AM.

KcKepz

KcKepz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

1. Download a RUU with your desired HBOOT version. Note down the version of the RUU's ROM, e.g. 1.15.405.4.
You can find a list of RUU's here

Guys... can't download any of RUU's ROM as mentioned in the above step. Site has now moved. Can anyone point me to somewhere else where I can downloada an Australian ROM for my Australian handset please.

Thanks!

looeee

looeee

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Devices:O2 Graphite, HTC s730
I failed at step 2
the website is down :lol:
is there another CID generator?

Qz3m

Qz3m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S I9070 Advance
Would this method work on other HTC phone aswell? For example Legend?

ndbubbles

ndbubbles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
hopefully this thread is still alive..

ok. iv now checked my my HBOOT and it's 0.93.001 i need to put it to a earlier 1, i see people mentioning 0.82 .

is mine still possible to roll back to 0.80 or lower .. oh and the CiD generator link i do believe to not be the correct link now :lol:

Edited by ndbubbles, 25 January 2011 - 01:03 AM.

EddyOS

EddyOS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Devices:Google Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@dj_e1d
Why do you need to downgrade?

Google Nexus 4 (LG-E960)
ROM: Android 4.3 (JWR66V)
Bootloader: MAKOZ20i