So its just slow..

Guest rovex

Guest rovex

Compared to the Desire the Streak is just damn slow. All the benchmarks ive run put it about half to 60% of the speed of the Desire. Any Ideas why that might be? FPS2D is only about 28fps, the desire is 58. An3Dbench is noticeably slower and the score is only 2785, the Desire scores 4650. Linpack is 4.2 Desire is about 7.

Guest crapbag172
Compared to the Desire the Streak is just damn slow. All the benchmarks ive run put it about half to 60% of the speed of the Desire. Any Ideas why that might be? FPS2D is only about 28fps, the desire is 58. An3Dbench is noticeably slower and the score is only 2785, the Desire scores 4650. Linpack is 4.2 Desire is about 7.

only thing i can say is the desire runs 2.1 and the streak runs 1.6 so already that is an unfair advantadge. when both devices have 2.2 a benchmark comparison will be fair.

Guest tudorw

how does the hardware of both compare, is it reasonable to expect them to have similar performance, I feel my Dell's fast now (it is compared to kaiser) so if that's true, good times :)

Guest rovex

They both have the same CPU and memory (apparently only 408MB is used in both). I REALLY hope the difference is down to Android 1.6 being less optimised than 2.1. I guess we will find out when the upgrade happens. The Dell is nothing like as snappy to use as the desire.