Battery of 2.1 Rom

Guest wusui

Guest wusui

After switching to 2.1 rom, particularly MoDaco R4 build 3 rom, how is your battery time ?

I am using official HTC 2.1 rom now, the battery can only survive for less than one days. It's around 2 days instead when I use MCR 3.2 .

it becomes the biggest problem.

Guest Richard K. Szabo

How is that working for you guys so far?

I'm struggling with the Windows-driver, adb stopped working correctly.

Yep same for me - I have reloaded the previous radio to try

Just throwing in my experience: the 2.1. rom seems to use the same amount of juice as the 1.5 (original and mcr) one. Can't see a difference. But I do not use the phone a lot.

for me 2.1 (both, original and mcr) also sucks battery more than 1.5. bafore it lasted 1.5 days, now less than one day.

Guest mobydeek

My experience may not be a fair test, because i started using Advanced Task Killer since installing 2.1

But, i found that on moderate use, the battery would die quite quick (calls, many texts, music, 1 day maximum; sometimes less)

However on very light use, it reached over 2 days.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=670999 (how much this link actually helps, is debatable, but i still choose GSM PRL)

I've been carrying a charger with me for ages, even on 1.5, I'm not sure but it looks like this MCR might be less thirsty than the other 2.1 roms I've tried but I still think it's worse than on 1.5. On the plus side, Juice Defender very effectively limits battery drain if you leave the phone on standby.

Basically don't use the phone and the battery's great. :)

Guest Baggieboy

I'm having all sorts of battery issues on 2.1. Yesterday I had it on a charger but the battery charge level was not going up. I powered down the phone and left it a few hours, after starting it up it was fully charged. However overnight it completely drained the battery and was dead in the morning. I charged it to about 60% after 4 hours or so had dropped to 10%.

I think I'm going to be reverting to MCR3.2 very soon.

Guest wusui

It seems everyone had the same issue.

I will try some approachs after a little researchs.

1) Change network mode to "GSM only"

2) change Brightness to lower level without auto, change screen timeout from 1min to 30s

3) install Juicedefender free version with enable APN 3min every 15m

Let's see if it's improved.

Guest Stevie B

I've been using various 2.1 ROMs for some time. IMO This ROM happens to be amongst the worst for battery performance. As I mentioned in my first post on here, I went back to the previous radio - the battery still sucks! I used to get 48 hours now I'm lucky to get 24. I haven't changed my usage habbits - I use wi-fi at home and H at work, send and receive many texts, don't make too many calls, have twitter, news, stocks and weather apps constantly updated.

I'm waiting for nathan at villain rom to get his superhero rom finalised (used 1.1.0 and was happy), which will be based upon the official 2.1 rom...

Guest neoclassic

I've not noticed any battery drain on my phone. Perhaps folks need to tweek all the default settings for auto-update/sync stuff?

Guest Richard K. Szabo

Have you guys not noticed that there are three new programs running from start; "Updater", "HTC Message Uploader" and "My Uploads"?

According to SystemPanel they do not work much, but allocate about 20MB of memory together. (I haven't ran a history on these items so they might as well work after X hours)

I'm testing battery-time today and will reply if I notice anything out of the ordinary compared to HTCs Android 1.5 ROM.

PS: Another bug I've come across is that the system has problems connecting to remembered WLAN networks which aren't broadcasting themselves. In 1.5 this worked like a charm.

Guest Olatho

I have experienced both.

Some days, battery seems to be at least as good - maybe even better - as with MCR 3.2, while other times (such as today) battery drains like a river. I have now charged the phone twice in a few hours, and it goes down to 10 - 15% again really quick.

Also, the phone gets really hot while this happens.

Still trying to figure out what is eating the battery. Advanced Task Killer does not show anything suspicious, but i believe it has something todo with GPS-usage, because it seems to happen after I have used (but killed) apps that access the GPS, but that is just a theory so far.

Guest Skywrit3r
I have experienced both.

Some days, battery seems to be at least as good - maybe even better - as with MCR 3.2, while other times (such as today) battery drains like a river. I have now charged the phone twice in a few hours, and it goes down to 10 - 15% again really quick.

Also, the phone gets really hot while this happens.

Still trying to figure out what is eating the battery. Advanced Task Killer does not show anything suspicious, but i believe it has something todo with GPS-usage, because it seems to happen after I have used (but killed) apps that access the GPS, but that is just a theory so far.

My problem is with the GPS. I've been running a version of Behnams Legendary ROM for weeks now and have noticed the uneven battery drain. I've done some testing and it seem like the GPS doesn't turn of after use. I've tried to turn the GPS of with the widget after use but it still drains 15-20% per hour. There is no GPS notification so it's easy to be fooled. The only thing that works is a reboot.

As long as I don't use the GPS I get more than 2 days before I need to recharge.

Guest Richard K. Szabo

On the subject, another topic, http://android.modaco.com/content-page/310...-2-1/page/320/#

I am posting my observations here on MCR3.2 vs MCR4.0

Bluetooth 8 hrs bonded with Ubuntu for BlueProximity:

MCR 3.2 (Android 1.5) : 70% battery left

MCR 4.0 (Android 2.1): 50% battery left

My problem is with the GPS. I've been running a version of Behnams Legendary ROM for weeks now and have noticed the uneven battery drain. I've done some testing and it seem like the GPS doesn't turn of after use. I've tried to turn the GPS of with the widget after use but it still drains 15-20% per hour. There is no GPS notification so it's easy to be fooled. The only thing that works is a reboot.

As long as I don't use the GPS I get more than 2 days before I need to recharge.

Guest wusui

I had a very good result after I installed Juicedefender, the battery keeps for more than 2 days immediately.

I would suggest you try it (free version is Ok) if you have the similar usage pattern with me (no gps, manually control wifi, keep GPRS on).

It seems everyone had the same issue.

I will try some approachs after a little researchs.

1) Change network mode to "GSM only"

2) change Brightness to lower level without auto, change screen timeout from 1min to 30s

3) install Juicedefender free version with enable APN 3min every 15m

Let's see if it's improved.

Guest starfarer
I'm now back to MCR 3.1 but with the "OU" radio, battery is now back to normal. Only lost about 15% overnight.

If that's on idle overnight, then you defo have drain problem.