I've modified the original split_updata.pl to extract the correct filenames out every time (based on McSpoon's filenames) and also CRC check the extracted file.
Script is here EDIT: I have had to move it to here as my crazy new hosting tries to execute the perl script.
It needs this crc checking binary to be in the same directory (linux only, until I get time to convert the c code to perl)
Actions that I think need to be done... anyone can help out here
- Identify what the 2 byte Something2 is and how to calculate it... if that is even relevant (see my later posts)
- Identify what files are actually needed for an UPDATA.APP (the Huawei "time machine" one only had 6 files)
- Write code to repack the UPDATA.APP
- Convert the CRC c code into Perl
- Write Perl script to repack
- Write a windows app to repack
Edited by ZeBadger, 10 October 2011 - 05:08 PM.