Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Devices:streak
Hello, Here is the boot.img for the 190 streakdroid :
Attached File  boot.img   3.38MB   61 downloads

I tried it, it works ! :D
just upgraded from 1.8.0 to 1.9.0, no hard reset or anything, it worked... Just had to replace widget on the desktop in launcher pro
boujou bien !
K.

kwenteen

kwenteen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
and here is the one for the last official release, the AWS345 Android 2.2.2 build 15380 version...
dunno if that's the one you were using eu4ic, but it should work !
here it is... Attached File  superboot.img   3.11MB   28 downloads
boujou bien !
K.

Truenash

Truenash

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak, HTC Hero
My internal SD card appears to have bit the bullet, looking to replace it. Is the tut on page 5 the most up to date one, and is there any difficulties with particular card classes or sizes? Also, anything that has changed since that tutorial was written in regards to running the newest Streakdroids?

Spike8585

Spike8585

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak

My internal SD card appears to have bit the bullet, looking to replace it. Is the tut on page 5 the most up to date one, and is there any difficulties with particular card classes or sizes? Also, anything that has changed since that tutorial was written in regards to running the newest Streakdroids?

Are you looking for more storage capacity?
If you buy a 2GB SD, it doesn't require anything more than a factory reset to configure the replacement.
If you want to use a larger card, due to Class specs, but do not care about using the extra space (how I did it), you can skip step 3.
If you want to utilize the extra space, then you can wait for feedback from other users, as I have not done this.

I think I remember reading that someone used a 4GB SD, with the factory reset method without issues, but I think it must be SD and not SDHC.

Thats all I got for you.
Hope it works out for you.

Truenash

Truenash

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
The only spare card I currently have is a class 4 8GB. I'm not fussed about the internal space, just want to get it working. I guess I'll give the internal space a go and see how that pans out, but if it looks like it's going to be a bitch I'll just stick with only being able to access 2 gb.

Thanks for the help! I'll report back after I grab me a torx 5 screwdriver...

Truenash

Truenash

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Fixed it, was just loose. Pushed it in and whacked some electrical tape over it.

alfafa

alfafa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi guys,

Manage to upgrade to my 4g class 4 sdhc (kingmax). So far running fine.

Is there any new compilation of upgrade to a larger size microsd with all the fixes??
Thks in advance.

gypsydigi

gypsydigi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:Dell STreak
Ok. after re-reading this thread a few times over i still have questions.

My replacement screen just came in and i ordered a new memory card (should be here any day now).

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=190502482988

So with that new class10 4GB card... do i need a special boot.img file if i am not using any of the extra place? is it a matter of DD'ing under linux my old memory card to my new one? Or will i have to update the boot.img file after every flash?

thanks again guys. much appreciated. I'll be sure to do a complete write up with photos.

kwenteen

kwenteen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Ok. after re-reading this thread a few times over i still have questions.

My replacement screen just came in and i ordered a new memory card (should be here any day now).

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=190502482988

So with that new class10 4GB card... do i need a special boot.img file if i am not using any of the extra place? is it a matter of DD'ing under linux my old memory card to my new one? Or will i have to update the boot.img file after every flash?

thanks again guys. much appreciated. I'll be sure to do a complete write up with photos.

Hello, in any case, you ll have to do the dd commands, to keep your datas. Once you have done this part, you can put your new 4GB in the internal sdcard.
Then you can find out by yourself if everything is fine or not, by doing an adb shell connection once your phone rebooted, then typing mount. Past the result here so we can see if it worked!
There's another possibility, if you don t care about your data, you can just swap the memories, and do a factory reset. It should prepare your new sd automatically if it recognize it and you won t have to bother with the modified boot.img. if not, you ll have to make the swap again and prepare your new sdcard as explained in this thread and then you ll have to use a modified boot.img...
Good luck,
Boujou bien,
K.

Android Junky

Android Junky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

There's another possibility, if you don t care about your data, you can just swap the memories, and do a factory reset. It should prepare your new sd automatically if it recognize it and you won t have to bother with the modified boot.img. if not, you ll have to make the swap again and prepare your new sdcard as explained in this thread and then you ll have to use a modified boot.img...

Hello

I have actually the same questions. So I read your last post and try'd the following:
Inserted a 16GB class 10 micro sdhc in the internal slot.
After rebooting the phone told me "preparing the sd card" or similar.
Then I connected the phone via USB.
This is the mount result:
$ mount
mount
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock6 /system yaffs2 ro,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock7 /firstboot yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock7 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:17 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,
llow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:17 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,
llow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0

So what can I read here?
Thanks

kwenteen

kwenteen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

/dev/block/mtdblock7 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0

So what can I read here?
Thanks

Well to put it simple, and that is no surprise, your innersd is not recognized, and thus not used. As it has been already said, bigger card than 4 GB cannot be used directly by the system, you have to prepare it manually, then use a custom boot.img! Just prepare the card by doing a dd from your old one to the new one, then create a new partition of whats left on your new sd, if you wanna use it of course! (Make it ext3)
Good luck!
Boujou bien,
K.

Android Junky

Android Junky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

then use a custom boot.img!

OK. Thanks.
Where can I find a custom boot.img for froyo?
Regards

MACQUEYL

MACQUEYL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets, music, modding my AT&T White Dell Streak 5 & HTC HD2
  • Devices:AT&T White Dell Streak 5
  • Twitter:@Macqueyl

I use the following code with gscript to power off the device (or if you want to quickly reboot, remove the -p from reboot line):

umount -l /sdcard/intsd
reboot -p

Using "locale" from marketplace with some plugins I was finally able to mount the intsd automatically on boot and to make the mediascan without needing to do it manually.
Now I need the manual mount / umount only when connecting the sdcard for mass storage (but with android commander I don't use mass storage too much).

Where exactly did you substitute your code (
umount -l /sdcard/intsd AND reboot -p
)?

US AT&T White Dell Streak 5
Streakdroid 1.9.0

MACQUEYL

MACQUEYL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I have the same questions?

Are the tutorial instructions on page 5 the FINAL instructions, regardless of what type/capacity of card I want to use? Is anyone aware of an easier non-programmer tutorial? All the added changes that people have posted throughout this thread makes it very difficult to understand.

For the record, I'm aware that I will have to do everything manually in order to have full access to the 32gb card I'm installing, but if it was explained in layman terms, that would be awesome.

Thanks for all the scarey work that everyone has done!

Edited by MACQUEYL, 25 April 2011 - 12:47 AM.

Streakdroid 1.9.0

MACQUEYL

MACQUEYL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
tried to delete this post, couldn't figure out how

Edited by MACQUEYL, 25 April 2011 - 12:49 AM.

Streakdroid 1.9.0

garbagecanman

garbagecanman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:streak 5
So whats the status on this??? So basically after reading through im gathering that you can upgrade internal storage to 32gb for apps and stuff but the problem lies in upgrading to 32 gb and lets say using half for apps and mounting the other half for mass storage...

Thanks, very interesting thread

kwenteen

kwenteen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

So whats the status on this??? So basically after reading through im gathering that you can upgrade internal storage to 32gb for apps and stuff but the problem lies in upgrading to 32 gb and lets say using half for apps and mounting the other half for mass storage...

Thanks, very interesting thread

The status is what you read... if you follow the how-to (pretty messed now, I will redo it maybe, simplifying it...), you will end up with a intSD with the original space for /data and /cache (both taking 2GB) and the rest for storage... that will be mounted at /intsd folder.
With this mod, you cannot access to your innersd as a usb drive, and if you want to mount as a usb drive your externalsd, you have to delete first the bind -o mount .... and to accede to the /intsd folder, you'll have to use the ./adb push command... no usbmass storage mode...
you can turn off your phone as usual, and the upgrade toward another rom is easily done, you just have to replace the original boot.img located inside the update.zip with the one corresponding, provided in this thread...

just for you to know : after having prepared the futur intsd, you can just flash the new boot.img, it will work...
you 'll just have to use gscript to do a manual link from /intsd to a folder inside the sdcard, so the sytem can access media stocked in the /intsd folder, by doing a rescan of the media.

I'm looking for a way to automatically mount the /intsd folder inside /mnt/sdcard during boot, so no need for rescan the media... or even better, use the same kind of system that is used in the galaxy S, that both use internal sd and an external sd... But I don't own a galaxy S, and noone provided me the data I needed yet...

Sader0

Sader0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak EU Unlocked
Guys I have a complete bricked streak on my hands(no charge, no pc recognition etc)....bricked during fastboot flashing, pc just hanged, and voila :-(
So I wonder - is it possible to recreate partitions on internal sd card, to make it work ? Or this is a flash memory issue that can only be solved via ORT JTAG ?
Can anyone point me to the right post in this topic ?

Thanks a lot for yr help

P.S. Dissasembled and ready to try, nothing to loose anyway

kwenteen

kwenteen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Guys I have a complete bricked streak on my hands(no charge, no pc recognition etc)....bricked during fastboot flashing, pc just hanged, and voila :-(
So I wonder - is it possible to recreate partitions on internal sd card, to make it work ? Or this is a flash memory issue that can only be solved via ORT JTAG ?
Can anyone point me to the right post in this topic ?

Thanks a lot for yr help

P.S. Dissasembled and ready to try, nothing to loose anyway

partitions in the inersd are ONLY /data and /cache...
so no way modifying them will solve your trouble... sorry !
I'm pretty sure that flashboot wrong flash aren't permanent... you sure you tried everything ?
good luck anyway !
boujou bien,
K.

Niraj Kumar

Niraj Kumar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak

partitions in the inersd are ONLY /data and /cache...
so no way modifying them will solve your trouble... sorry !
I'm pretty sure that flashboot wrong flash aren't permanent... you sure you tried everything ?
good luck anyway !
boujou bien,
K.

------------------------------------------------
Hey Guyz, I have accidentally deleted the System.img, Boot.img from System Partition. (My PC hung after delete and before it could move the files. All was in a .BAT file..Boom...stuck half way and gone). Now the Phone is dead. No Boot, not recognized by PC, No LEDs nothing. Its just dead whatever I try. Is it possible for someone to please upload the Internal SD partition files, so that I can strip my Tablet and put the files there. Also do I still need to use ORT JTAG. If so can someone please guide me through. Its heart wrenching to see the bricked streak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users