• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

zillerman

zillerman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC touch
plink212 hi... i know this is over a year ago since your last post, but can you update me/us on what has happened since then? Did the 62Gb mass storage work? Did any of it work? Did the Dell lose any performance (speed) after the mod? Pro's/Con's???

Cheers
Zill

okay some progress.

Have opened it up again and took the card out
on linux did
dd if=/dev/sdg of=/android.img
then swapped to my new 32gb microsd after which i did
dd if=/android.img of=/dev/sdg
the partition layout of the stock sd card is as follows
partition 1 primary
partition 5 logical 240mb
partition 6 logical 1.7gb

I added a new primary partition of 30GB as /dev/sdg2

The card went back in the streak and I reassembled and booted and .........
It worked.
Next steps are rooting the streak and working out modify the mount points.
My thoughts on this are that I will mount /dev/sdg2 on /sdcard and create a folder called extension
I will then modify the vold.conf file to automount the sdcard under the extension folder. The rational behind doing this is that when i connect the usb I am hoping that this will mean that I get 62GB in mass storage mode.

Tim

wgizmo

wgizmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
Hello guys, did ordered 8gb class 10 card to replace my old one. I did cut out plastick part to get acces to internal sd card. I did read this topic till page 6 and id get stuck. I dont really know how i should make my new sd card working. I dont get this part how to put partitions on it and other stuff. Its any chance somone could help me with some tutorial link or wrote step by step what i should do to replace my internal sd?

Edited by wgizmo, 21 December 2011 - 07:49 PM.

marvin02

marvin02

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Devices:Streak, Inspire, Vizio Tablet
For those who simply want more internal storage I had success with installing an 8 GB Class 10 card in the inner slot and doing a factory reset. This gave me over 6 GB for apps to be installed on.

I have also made images of the inner SD Card (a standard 2 GB card) that can be restored using Clonezilla. You can get those from here.

wgizmo

wgizmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak

For those who simply want more internal storage I had success with installing an 8 GB Class 10 card in the inner slot and doing a factory reset. This gave me over 6 GB for apps to be installed on.

I have also made images of the inner SD Card (a standard 2 GB card) that can be restored using Clonezilla. You can get those from here.

Could you tell me and direct me somwhere where i can read step by step how to make it working when i replace my internal sd card?

Zathros

Zathros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Martial arts, IT and gadgets
  • Devices:Streak 5, Galaxy S Plus

Could you tell me and direct me somwhere where i can read step by step how to make it working when i replace my internal sd card?

Just google for dell streak mini or 5 on youtube and you'll have loads of movies and how to's to replace yours.
I replaced mine recently because the internal has crashed on me 4 times in a month or 2 after working perfect for 2 months earlier it recommended me to send it back for repairs but the boot screen told me it found ext2fs errors so replacing it myself was the obvious solution instead of missing it for 6 weeks at a repair shop.
It took me just over half an hour to replace the hardware and reinstall the OTA stock rom 2.2.2 from Dell.
only thing is now it takes a bit longer to start up but the gain of 6 Gb internal memory is well worth it, even having half of europe stored in my Navigation software still gives me over 5 Gb of space left for other apps. Now currently it has over 200 apps installed on the internal storage and i can swap my external without having to reinstall every app that was on my external SD
I used a transcend ultimate 8 Gb class 10 after trying a few others, like the 16 Gb transcend class 10, a kingston class 10, a unbranded class 4 - 8 Gb without any success.
The original was identified on my Mac as a Sony unknown class but i estimated after testing it that it was most lightly a class 4

Just my 2 cts.

Currently playing with Yarvik Tab 210, 310, 410, Dell Streak 5, Samsung Galaxy S Plus, Point of View Mobii Tegra 2.

n1nj4Lo

n1nj4Lo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hrrrmm!!! Tempting 32Gb Class 10 internal and 64Gb external... 96Gb's of space. LoL

Edited by n1nj4Lo, 27 June 2012 - 08:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users