tethering on the streak

Guest johnh123

Guest popetodd
Has anybody tried to tether with the streak using any of the apps available in the market?

Absolutely tits mate, I'm posting this reply using Barnacle.

Easy setup, just have your WiFi connection running then start Barnacle.

It has MAC filtering and WEP as well, best set that all up before you turn it on or someone will eventually wipe out your data plan!

Edited by popetodd

Guest courtlandre

Anyone know of a program that actually does tethering? aka, you connect your phone to your computers USB and then it tethers. I am interested in this because doing the whole wifi router thing drains your battery like none other.

Guest popetodd
Anyone know of a program that actually does tethering? aka, you connect your phone to your computers USB and then it tethers. I am interested in this because doing the whole wifi router thing drains your battery like none other.

Go to the market, search for tethering.

That's where I found Barnacle and I saw some aps that claim to do what you want. Install em and test.

EasyTether works on the Streak. It needs a small app on the PC as well, but it works perfectly (and doesn't need root).

Guest deekarma
EasyTether works on the Streak. It needs a small app on the PC as well, but it works perfectly (and doesn't need root).

Doesn't work with 64 bit OSs which is why I checked out barnacle, and it is awesome.