oClock Custom ROM

Guest oclock

Guest oclock
so A2SD IS working. and everything is working as mention. except wifi which goes only in g mode (54 mbps)

You have a 802.11n (WiFi-N) compatible router? Or how did you test it?

Guest baadnewz
You have a 802.11n (WiFi-N) compatible router? Or how did you test it?

yes, i have a dlink dir 655, before updating to sixoclock i was using this stock rooted rom: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...ravo-1-23-351-1 + this wifi n hack

http://rapidshare.com/files/403349275/Desi...Wifi_N.zip.html and i was getting N @ 65 mbps.

Ive provided you with the full links maybe can point you in the right direction

Hope it helps

Guest oclock
yes, i have a dlink dir 655, before updating to sixoclock i was using this stock rooted rom: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...ravo-1-23-351-1 + this wifi n hack

http://rapidshare.com/files/403349275/Desi...Wifi_N.zip.html and i was getting N @ 65 mbps.

Ive provided you with the full links maybe can point you in the right direction

Hope it helps

In the hack linked by you "bcm4329.ko" is hexedited. The string "nmode" was replaced by "-----".

What I do is to change in "dhd_cdc.c" the following code:

uint32 nmode = 0;

/* Disable nmode as default */

bcm_mkiovar("nmode", (char *)&nmode, 4, iovbuf, sizeof(iovbuf));

dhdcdc_set_ioctl(dhd, 0, WLC_SET_VAR, iovbuf, sizeof(iovbuf));
I changed "uint32 nmode = 0;" to "uint32 nmode = 1;" (I assume that "1" means "enable") According to this website it should work: http://www.magicandroidapps.com/wiki//inde...le_with_802.11n The hexedit hack results in something like this:

bcm_mkiovar("-----", (char *)&nmode, 4, iovbuf, sizeof(iovbuf));

which is quite ugly from a developers point of view.

As I said, I assume that "1" means "enable", which could be wrong for the desire?!

Another possibility would be to comment out the three source code lines above. Should have the same effect as "-----". However, I think that it is also very ugly, because this (and also the hexedit hack) assumes that n-mode is turned on by default and must be explicitly disabled. This could change with the next update and then the hexedit hack will not work anymore. So, a good solution is to write in the source code "enable n-mode".

I hate that I don´t have 802.11n compatible hardware to test this stuff by myself...

Can someone else confirm that n-mode is *not* working?

Guest Koomikko

I have been trying to get multicast to work on Desire, but had no success this far. Would it be possible for you to enable multicast in the kernel you are using? Btw: this feature is enabled for Nexus One but not for Desire yet.

I think these would be the relevant lines to config:

CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST=y

CONFIG_IP_ROUTER=y

CONFIG_IP_MROUTE=y

CONFIG_NET_IPIP=y

I would greatly appreciate your help here and give feedback on how this worked on Desire here:)

Guest Vonacid

Hi oC!!! Thanks alot for trying out and showing your steps to install A2SD!!! But i'm not using Linux and i can't understand what you're showing in the post.

Do you mind teaching me how i can do it in Windows? I'm using windows 7.

I understand until step 3 where i get into the recovery of my phone. I'm using a 16GB Micro SD card and will basically transfer all my data onto my PC and format it as FAT32 before carrying on to step 4. Basically, how do i do it?

I dun understand the rest of these:

4. From desktop linux:

> adb shell

> su

> fdisk /dev/block/mmcblk0

5. In fdisk I did the following:

> n

> p

> 1

> <RETURN>

> +1500M

> n

> p

> 2

> <RETURN>

> <RETURN>

> t

> 1

> c

> t

> 2

> 83

> w

-> I created two partitions. The first is 1500 MB big and FAT32, the second is the remaining space and of type Linux (ext)

6. Now I formated both partitions:

> mkfs.vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

> mke2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

7. Next, I converted the ext2 partition to ext3:

> tune2fs -j /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

8. Then I mounted /sdcard again with

> mount /sdcard

9. I left adb shell with "exit" and pushed my a2sd update to the sdcard:

> adb push Six-oClock-AM-a2sd-update.zip /sdcard

10. Then i have chosen in the recovery menu which is still displayed on my desire to flash an update zip from sdcard and have chosen the pushed a2sd zip file

11. Afterwards I rebooted the desire and started at the same time on my desktop "adb logcat" to follow what is happening. After a short time I saw that "e2fsck" cannot be found and a few seconds later that a2sd was successfully installed.

> adb shell

> ls -l /data

shows:

# ls -l /data

lrwxrwxrwx root root 2010-06-27 20:53 dalvik-cache -> /system/sd/dalvik-cache

lrwxrwxrwx root root 2010-06-27 20:53 app-private -> /system/sd/app-private

lrwxrwxrwx root root 2010-06-27 20:53 app -> /system/sd/app

/system/sd/app contains all my apps that were previously installed on internal memory of my desire.

Guest Chura

Tried to apply a2sd both manually and zip update, get crash on all apps when android ui is started (right after i unlock screen)

Tried to apply a2sd from modaco rom, got bootloop.

Guest oclock
oClock, check out this thread for an updated ROM:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=709811

Also, considered ROM Manager? :lol:

The thread does not exist. Is this the correct link? COuld you post the correct link again, please?

I don´t know if I like Rom Manager.

First, I personally don´t use it, because I do not switch ROMs like underwear.

Second, there is a premium version that costs ~$4. Maybe I am wrong, but if someone wants to make money of someones else ROM, then to hell with this app :D (Don´t take this to serious, I am not well enough informed about this)

Third, I understand that with ROM Manger you select from a menu and then a ROM gets flashed. Why is this so much easier than copying the rom to the sdcard and flash from there? As I said I don´t change ROMs like underwear, so I don´t see the need for it for myself.

Fourth, I like this forum contact to all of you. How do users find the way to this thread if they just install my ROM from ROM Manager?

Fifth, I have currently full control over my ROM, I can check how often it was downloaded and so on. I would lose this control with ROM Manger.

Sixth, I don´t get enough feedback to decide if ROM Manager is worth a try. (180 6-oC-AM ROM and 50 a2sd update downloads so far. So, feedback here is a little bit poor IMO :D).

Best wishes

oC

Guest oclock
Hi oC!!! Thanks alot for trying out and showing your steps to install A2SD!!! But i'm not using Linux and i can't understand what you're showing in the post.

Do you mind teaching me how i can do it in Windows? I'm using windows 7.

I understand until step 3 where i get into the recovery of my phone. I'm using a 16GB Micro SD card and will basically transfer all my data onto my PC and format it as FAT32 before carrying on to step 4. Basically, how do i do it?

I dun understand the rest of these:

Maybe someone else can guide you through the steps of how to partition your sdcard for a2sd? As I said, I did everythin manually (because I am used to it :lol:), but I understand that others might have some problems with this. I think there must be an easier fool-proof way to partition your sdcard.

However, if you want to follow my steps, then you just need "adb" for widows, so that you can connect to your phone (google is your friend!).

If you have adb running, you can follow my steps exactly as I wrote them. You will understand each step in the moment you do it. The force is with you, Luke :-)))

oC

edit:

I just found this thread in this forum. maybe it helps:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...-card-for-a2sd/

BTW: You can search also this forum by yourself and find these helpful threads ;-)

Edited by oclock

Guest oclock
I have been trying to get multicast to work on Desire, but had no success this far. Would it be possible for you to enable multicast in the kernel you are using? Btw: this feature is enabled for Nexus One but not for Desire yet.

I think these would be the relevant lines to config:

CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST=y

CONFIG_IP_ROUTER=y

CONFIG_IP_MROUTE=y

CONFIG_NET_IPIP=y

I would greatly appreciate your help here and give feedback on how this worked on Desire here:)

Sure, I can enable this in the next version (probably also ext4).

Just out of curiosity: What is the particular use for multicast on a smartphone? Any application that needs it?

Before the next version appears, I need more feedback and help/support with WiFi-N.

Best wishes,

oC

Guest Koomikko
Sure, I can enable this in the next version (probably also ext4).

Just out of curiosity: What is the particular use for multicast on a smartphone? Any application that needs it?

Great, sounds very good:) Multicast is used, for example, by Bonjour or MDNS service discovery mechanisms.

These use mcast messages to advertise and find services in the (local area) network such as web servers or printers.

What I read earlier, this feature works out of the box for Motorola and N1 phones, but has been unfortunately

disabled in HTC Desire.

Thanks and looking forward to next release:)

Guest alexspy

Hey oC. Your reasons are all valid and i don't know enough information about ROM Manager myself to justify using it, it's just that it was the lazy option for updates. I download your ROM on my phone and then use ROM Manager to flash it directly from my phone so i don't even need to connect a USB cable.

About the other thread, i think it might have been a false report, but here is a link:

Official Desire ROMS: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695667

Edited by alexspy

Guest bob463

Hi,

First, thanks for your work - I really enjoy using your ROMs.

I've installed the latest rom (6 o'clock) and I found that trying to adjust the ringer volume when receiving a call, mutes the

ring instead of just lower or upper the volume.

Are you familiar with such phenomenon?

Thanks!

Guest alexspy

bob463, as far as im aware, this is the normal operation. Also, the one i would expect from any phone. Flipping the phone upside down will also mute the ringing.

Guest Kevex

I've seen other posts which made it possible to use the trackpad to wake the phone, but not any to make it sleep? Is it possible to make a seperate little mod from that, which would enable this feature without flashing the whole rom?

Kev

Guest bob463
bob463, as far as im aware, this is the normal operation. Also, the one i would expect from any phone. Flipping the phone upside down will also mute the ringing.

Hi,

IMHO, it should just adjust the volume.

If you want to mute it, flip the phone.

If I can remember right, this was not the normal behavior.

But if is it only me then be it :lol:

Guest Koomikko
Great, sounds very good:) Multicast is used, for example, by Bonjour or MDNS service discovery mechanisms.

These use mcast messages to advertise and find services in the (local area) network such as web servers or printers.

What I read earlier, this feature works out of the box for Motorola and N1 phones, but has been unfortunately

disabled in HTC Desire.

Thanks and looking forward to next release:)

Hmm, after some more playing around and trying a different test environment, it appears that multicast

actually works with Six o'Clock ROM on Desire. I tested also with another Desire, which has the stock ROM

and the multicast does not work. So, it seems that you had already fixed the issue:)

Many thanks and keep up the good work!

Guest willy792003
Another issue, I cannot sync my gmail account since upgrading to the latest rom.

Is it working for you?

it's working fine with me. upgraded from 4 o'clock am.

Guest willy792003
Hi,

IMHO, it should just adjust the volume.

If you want to mute it, flip the phone.

If I can remember right, this was not the normal behavior.

But if is it only me then be it :lol:

based on my experience (not only desire, other phone too), pressing down volume when the phone rings mute the ringer. so it's normal behaviour.

Guest willy792003

i must say this is the best rooted rom + a2sd around. i used to changing rom every now and then to test out new roms, esp froyo, but at the end, i just want my phone to work as it should, no bug or non working feature. i've been steadily using ur rom since 4 oclock am. so keep up the good work. i hope you continue doing this for the future stock rom released for desire. thanks oC!

Guest hmptec

Hi. I've used many roms, but this is great and I'll keep it until official froyo and sense are released for the desire.Thanks for all your hard work. Battery life good too :lol:

Guest alexspy
Another issue, I cannot sync my gmail account since upgrading to the latest rom.

Is it working for you?

Upgraded from 5 o'clock and gmail sync worked fine. Perhaps you need to readd the account or use a more stable data connection like wifi?