My Streak screen self destructed!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest JimiB

Could it be something to do with all this ridiculous heat? Let us know if anyone hints at a possible cause!

You need one of my wifes leatherette pouches ;o)
- I'm sure there's a joke here somewhere...

-Jimi

Guest rovex

The screen is VERY tightly packed into the housing i notice. The question is, is that the LCD screen or the top layer that's cracked?

Guest ChrisSpera
The screen is VERY tightly packed into the housing i notice. The question is, is that the LCD screen or the top layer that's cracked?

I'm gonna say that its just the top layer, as there doesn't appear to be any leaking of LED material.

Paul, I'm not certain the heat would do this alone. My guess is that its defective, and would have happened regardless of what you did/did not do.

Guest the_didge

Wow, i dont think its the heat as im currently in Cairo and was using the phone happily in 50 degrees heat. BTW, the screen is still readable in insane direct sunlight...

Just remember to return the recovery image back to stock and to remove super user. Last thing you want is them giving you a replacement only to send you a bill because theyve discovered that you've modified it (learnt the hard way).

Guest vinokirk
O2 replaced it in store! :lol:

P

O2 replaced the unit im guessing! If they replaced the glass.... wow what are they teachin these customer service assistants these days lol :D

Paul... did you say somewhere you are working on a ROM for the Streak.

How easy would it be to put Froyo on the Streak? Is it a case of just gettin the latest version and cooking it in a kitchen?

This is my first Android device after 13 years of Windows Mobile, or Windows CE as it used to be! So you'll have to excuse my ignorance :D

Edited by vinokirk