Liquid Tether 0.3.9-1: Wireless Tethering for Acer Liquid

Guest gengaro86

Guest HustlinDaily

Don't know what that means. Is it possible that you are talking about Acer EasyLink?

download Acer EasyLink

Download this program: http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Ap...cer&SC=PA_6

(On Vista) Device Manager-->Modem-->Acer Android Modem-->Advanced-->enter the sting could be for all that: +CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”apn name”

Open the Acer EasyLink software

Settings

The number is just *99#

Make sure everything else is correct

Guest xaueious
Don't know what that means. Is it possible that you are talking about Acer EasyLink?

download Acer EasyLink

Download this program: http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Ap...cer&SC=PA_6

(On Vista) Device Manager-->Modem-->Acer Android Modem-->Advanced-->enter the sting could be for all that: +CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”apn name”

Open the Acer EasyLink software

Settings

The number is just *99#

Make sure everything else is correct

Oh it works already? nvm then.

Guest gengaro86

AFAIK USB Tethering will be enabled in the FRF91 Rom by the great Phh.

Sorry if I didn't provide weekly snapshots but I've been a lot busy with the exams at the university, I'm actually working on version 0.4.0 which will include a better GUI, Froyo compatibility, MAC filtering via iptables (100% secure), some bugfixes and - probably - a widget that will allow you to stop/start tethering from your home screen.

Edited by gengaro86

Guest Chadski
I upgraded 1.100.15 but liquid tether 0.3.9 cannot work.

It is ok on 1.100.39

May I have any advise?

I am on 1.100.39. Works perfectly.

Guest melat0nin

I have LiquidTether installed as part of LCR 1.7.2 and I can run it, but I can't connect to it cos I can't get the config panel to appear to change the WEP key (I presume it's supposed to pop up when you press the menu key?) :(

Any ideas?

Guest gengaro86

I'm actually downloading FRF91 to make a LiquidTether version compatible with the newest ROM released by Phhroyo. Sorry guys but I've had hard times lately.

Guest gengaro86
I'm actually downloading FRF91 to make a LiquidTether version compatible with the newest ROM released by Phhroyo. Sorry guys but I've had hard times lately.

Done. (Check OP)

Guest MrVanes

How tough would it be to make LiquidTether detectable by JuiceDefender's apps-that-keep-data-on list so that the data connection could be held up even if the screen goes off (which is my standard JD setting)? I know Juice Defender has a toggle widget, but hey I'm lazy too. And more important: I tend to forget to toggle it... :)

Guest Chadski

I have installed Liquid Tether previously and it worked. But late it does not work. I recreated files. The log is only up to "loading dhd". I doesn't move from there.

Guest L0cu7us
How tough would it be to make LiquidTether detectable by JuiceDefender's apps-that-keep-data-on list so that the data connection could be held up even if the screen goes off (which is my standard JD setting)? I know Juice Defender has a toggle widget, but hey I'm lazy too. And more important: I tend to forget to toggle it... :)

+1

Guest gengaro86
I have installed Liquid Tether previously and it worked. But late it does not work. I recreated files. The log is only up to "loading dhd". I doesn't move from there.

That could be a side effect of the patch for Froyo, please use version 0.3.9 if you're on Eclair, I'm fixing it in a few days (sorry guys but I have just one device, I can't switch ROM everyday :-P)

Guest Chadski
That could be a side effect of the patch for Froyo, please use version 0.3.9 if you're on Eclair, I'm fixing it in a few days (sorry guys but I have just one device, I can't switch ROM everyday :-P)

i think so.. i've installed version 0.3.9.. it is perfectly working now.. thanks.

Guest navygino

I am on FET.63 ROM and flashed Piter's Superboot and the Wifi fix for the dhd.ko.

I start the tethering but cannot be searched by any computer........

Please help and any idea how to make it working??

Hi all, Hi gengaro86

i have found the reason why it will not work with some people (I am of it).

My provider is Virgin mobile. Tethering work working fine until one speciall day and everything stopped working, so I had a look at the reason and i have foud that :

providers have modified their dns config so that they won't answer when requested. So when dns_masq request a dns resolution, no response is given. The result is a non working thetering.

This is a workaround for users :

adb shell setprop net.rmnet0.dns2 8.8.8.8
before starting tethering (need to be done only one after a reboot) if you are under lcr you could set it permanently with
adb shell ins_run dns 'sleep 60s; setprop net.rmnet0.dns2 8.8.8.8'
Settings will be applied 60s after boot. Wait need of value will be overwritten by system. If it is the case, use the first command. Now to gengaro86. You shoud add google dns and opendns after providers dns to avoid this in tether_on
echo "nameserver $(getprop net.rmnet0.dns1)" > /data/data/net.gengaro.liquid/resolv.conf

echo "nameserver $(getprop net.rmnet0.dns2)" >> /data/data/net.gengaro.liquid/resolv.conf

#google nameserver

echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8"  >> /data/data/net.gengaro.liquid/resolv.conf

#opendns webserver

echo "nameserver 208.67.222.220"  >> /data/data/net.gengaro.liquid/resolv.conf

echo "nameserver 208.67.222.222"  >> /data/data/net.gengaro.liquid/resolv.conf

That is what i have done and it works :D

Hope it will help.

So I hope you will find time to provide a 0.3.10

Edited by malez

Guest navygino
Hi all, Hi gengaro86

i have found the reason why it will not work with some people (I am of it).

But my case is that after I start the tethering, no AP signal can be searched by any computer or device.

Is this caused by the same reason you mentioned?

Thanks.

But my case is that after I start the tethering, no AP signal can be searched by any computer or device.

Is this caused by the same reason you mentioned?

Thanks.

I can tell you but I know it works well on LCR

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mr.gimo

Hi all!

Sorry for my newbie question, but i'm not able to figure out it...

I have acer liquid with official 2.1 rom 1.100.09, kernel 2.6.29, baseband 04.02.01.

Which kernel have I to install to let this great app work for me, without installing a custom rom like LCR?

Thanks all!!!

Hello,

I was wondering, if it is possible to make it work with Xian/Koud (LiquidF) v1 [8/14/2010] CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC3+ because USB tether and WiFi Access Point both are not working in this ROM.....