Bricked my Streak? Boots to Dell logo... SOLVED

Guest Warpedflash

Guest Warpedflash

I have managed to get my streak to the state where it will boot to the dell logo and no further...

I have the streak rooted and have Koush's custom recovery image on it but no matter what I flash it with it will not boot beyond that screen.

I made a custom ROM for it explained here and installed that. it worked great but removed one of the icons from the mini menu leaving a blank space that i could not remove, so i tried to flash one of the stock roms and am now stuck at the dell screen :S

I have tried everything i could think of including restoring to defaults and flashing varois roms but am getting nowhere... anybody able to help?

Is there a way to restore the phone entirely? like write all its partitions back to the originals?

Edited by Warpedflash

Guest d1kk1e

i had that once - plugging it into usb got it past that screen, then it told me android had crashed, I clicked ok and all was fine (it didn't happen again either)

Guest Warpedflash
i had that once - plugging it into usb got it past that screen, then it told me android had crashed, I clicked ok and all was fine (it didn't happen again either)

I have tried that. been trying some of the command line things as well. I used fastboot (yay here) to manually flash the boot and recovery partitions again but nothing :S

All im getting is the dell screen still...

Guest SgtDavePwnage
I have tried that. been trying some of the command line things as well. I used fastboot (yay here) to manually flash the boot and recovery partitions again but nothing :S

All im getting is the dell screen still...

If you have chance Pop onto the IRC chat at chat.freenode.net in the #modaco room, we can try some things :lol:

Guest pug11111

try deleting your wipe cache partition also wipe data factory reset then i loaded up my nandroid backup i did earlier that worked for me

Guest Warpedflash

Solved! SGTDavePwnage on irc is offically made of win and candy lol.

flashed the stock recovery and installed the new dell update fixed the problem.

Edited by Warpedflash

Guest Magxs

Goes to show that there are some proper experts on this forum, expecially if they managed to help you out of that issue.

I also have some problems (not anywhere as serious as yours) and want to try to flash the official Dell upgrade (*.pkg file). But I also need the stock recovery for that. Where did you get that from? Could you make this available to me somehow?

Would really appreciate any help!

Many thanks

Magxs

Guest Warpedflash
Goes to show that there are some proper experts on this forum, expecially if they managed to help you out of that issue.

I also have some problems (not anywhere as serious as yours) and want to try to flash the official Dell upgrade (*.pkg file). But I also need the stock recovery for that. Where did you get that from? Could you make this available to me somehow?

Would really appreciate any help!

Many thanks

Magxs

I got it from sgtdavepwnage on irc but he asked I not distributed it if you got on com he will probably be able to help you out