The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.

Guest vinokirk

Guest vinokirk

I have managed to root my device then i installed koush, then i installed the MDC ROM. But now my device hangs on the O2 splash screen, but i can hear noises in the background. I plug my usb cable in a couple of times then i get the desktop, but the message:

'The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.'

Keeps popping up all the time and the device is really slow.

Whats going on??

Edited by vinokirk

Guest Magxs

I am getting the exact same thing. Unfortunately, I don't have any insights to offer, as I have no idea what's going on. But good to know I am not alone.

But I have managed to get my Streak working again (almost anyway) by flashing one of Paul's stock ROM. However, on those I have the problem that the contacts app and contacts sync with Google are not working. Everything else seems fine though.

To get contacts back, I am hoping to flash the new Dell update. But for that I need to restore the original stock recovery, which I don't have. I am hoping Paul will post it. I have asked for it in several other threads. Will let you know if/when I get my hands on it.

Guest Warpedflash
I have managed to root my device then i installed koush, then i installed the MDC ROM. But now my device hangs on the O2 splash screen, but i can hear noises in the background. I plug my usb cable in a couple of times then i get the desktop, but the message:

'The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.'

Keeps popping up all the time and the device is really slow.

Whats going on??

I had a similar problem a while ago I just reflashed the original rom paul posted and it fixed it.

Guest vinokirk
I had a similar problem a while ago I just reflashed the original rom paul posted and it fixed it.

I will try this, but the whole reason we payed £9.99, is to use the ROM we made and d/l'ded in the kitchen, not to use a stock ROM which are available free :lol:

Guest Paul

If someone can do an 'adb logcat' (usb debugging must have been enabled before the MCR flash) then we can diagnose the problem.

You can flash back to stock by flashing the stock recovery image via fastboot (available here) then using an update.pkg.

I can't replicate the issue here, so I need some debug output to help!

P

Guest Magxs

Yes, sure. However, at the moment my main concern is to get the Streak back to working order. I'll worry about upgrades and custom ROMs then.

Guest vinokirk
If someone can do an 'adb logcat' (usb debugging must have been enabled before the MCR flash) then we can diagnose the problem.

You can flash back to stock by flashing the stock recovery image via fastboot (available here) then using an update.pkg.

I can't replicate the issue here, so I need some debug output to help!

P

Ok so i will:

1. Install the stock rom (see post #21)

2. Tick USB debugging box

3. Install custom ROM

4.???send you a debug log file???

(I have got recovery.stock.img (2.7mb) what do i do now? you say 'use 'fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.img'' where do i input this?)

Edited by vinokirk

Guest Paul

Yeah... do 'adb logcat' when it's failing to boot and it'll churn a bunch of stuff to screen... copy and paste it here!

You need to use fastboot with that command line in a terminal / command window to flash the stock recovery.

P

Guest vinokirk
Also think about what you baked in / didn't bake in in case that could have caused the problem!

P

Hmm you dont think it couldve been cos i missed out amazon mp3 store+getting started could you? I remember reading somwhere people were getting problems when removing them...hmmm

Guest Warpedflash
Hmm you dont think it couldve been cos i missed out amazon mp3 store+getting started could you? I remember reading somwhere people were getting problems when removing them...hmmm

Doubt it my rom had everything removed apart from maps, youtube and beebplayer and its now working great

Guest vinokirk

Right well ive done a rebuild that included every tick box (except wave speed thingy+expert options) and it now works fine.

Ergo sum...there must be one of those progs that when taken out, makes the streak doolally. When Im home i will keep taking options out and flashing till i can reproduce the error :lol:

Guest Warpedflash
Right well ive done a rebuild that included every tick box (except wave speed thingy+expert options) and it now works fine.

Ergo sum...there must be one of those progs that when taken out, makes the streak doolally. When Im home i will keep taking options out and flashing till i can reproduce the error :lol:

But mine is working....

Edited by Warpedflash

Guest Magxs

I'll also have a go at producing the error logs when I get home later. Although not quite sure what to do with 'adb logcat', but I hope it'll become obvious when I go through the process... Fingers crossed...

Guest Warpedflash
I'll also have a go at producing the error logs when I get home later. Although not quite sure what to do with 'adb logcat', but I hope it'll become obvious when I go through the process... Fingers crossed...

you need to use the fastboot progrm (its included in the clockwork recovery flash) then run open a terminal windows (or cmd on windows) to teh place where you have got teh program. then run the command.

Guest rovex

I added Amazon Mp3 to a start-up kill list, but afterwards the Kindle app didnt work properly. It wouldn't see me as UK and wouldn't let me buy anything. Once i allowed the MP3 service to start again it worked.

BE CAREFUL what you leave out.

Guest Magxs

Hmm, ok. I'll try. But do I need to do this after I installed the custom ROM and booted it to the point it hangs? Then I take the battery out to reset and boot into clockwork fastboot. Then I run the command. Is that the correct order of events?

Sorry if I'm a bit thick here...

Guest Magxs

It all started to make sense as I was doing it. But I didn't quite get there (yet). I had usb debugging enabled and connected the device to the PC. Then did a 'adb logcat', but it gets stuck at "waiting for device". Still experimenting.

However, when 'android.process.acore' crashed, I had it create a log on the sd card, which I attach. Does this tell you guys anything?

M

EDIT: Did another few attempts to get something with 'adb logcat' without success. The device recognises that "USB debugging is connected", but 'adb logcat' never gets past "waiting for device". Anything else I could try?

Error_log.zip

Edited by Magxs

Guest vinokirk

Ok I have fastboot, i can see how i use that to flash recovery.stock.img.

So what are the steps to get my Streak back to stock?

1. Connect strak in fastboot mode to PC and run fastboot -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.img

2. Put update.pkg on the device

Where do i get update.pkg from and how do i install it? (do i just d/l 3883 from http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...ery-downloads/# and rename it 'Update.pkg'? or can i get 4399?)

IGNORE ABOVE!

UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:

HOW TO RESTORE YOUR STREAK BACK TO FACTORY CONDITION:

1. Download the stock recovery ROM here and the stock official Dell ROM here.

2. Rename the stock official Dell ROM 'Update.pkg' and put it in the root directory on your SD card.

3. Boot Streak in fastboot mode (hold camera button when turning on), press 'Fastboot Mode' button, wait 10 seconds then connect to your PC (must have Dell PC suite installed).

4. Open a command prompt, navigate to the folder where your 'fastboot-windows.exe' is stored.

5. Type 'fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash recovery c:\recovery.stock.img' . Make sure the .img file is in c:\ directory. The program will now update the recovery image on your Streak.

6. Once the phone reads 'Recovery Done', remove the battery and insert it again.

7. Boot Streak in Recovery mode (hold down vol up and vol down when turning on) and select option 2.

5. Wait till it installs and itll boot into Android....DONE!

Edited by Paul

Guest Magxs

After you have restored the stock recovery (as you describe), you download the original updated ROM from Dell here: http://mobileupdate.dell.com/LatestBuild/LatestBuild_21.html

Copy that to your SD card and rename it to Update.pkg. Then you turn on your Streak with both volume buttons pressed and select the second option. Let it do it's thing and you end up with official Dell 4399 build. Worked for me.

Edited by Magxs

Guest vinokirk

@Paul:

Right so I have installed stock recovery and stock ROM and Enable USB debugging. What shall I do now?

Root the device, Install Koushs recovery then install MCR ROM?

Once I do this, what do i do when the error appears? Will it auto generate a log file?

Edited by vinokirk