Desire rebooting issues

Guest Cactus42

Guest Cactus42

Just trying to establish possible causes to see if there's anything I have done to avoid in future.

First and foremost I'm not slating the phone in any way - the Desire is fantastic and by far the best phone I've ever had.

So, how many people here have had the issue of the phone rebooting itself - usually under something like long browsing or Google Maps, but can be random (mine did it today while sitting on charge). Never had it happen while on wireless but that may just be coincidence.

My phone is charged overnight on the mains using the charger and cable provided, but only when needed (read - when I remember). More often than not it's charged by the car, and via usb on the work or home PC. It's also rarely left to run out and left to completely charge (though I'm told the new batteries are fine with this). I'm guessing that the mains supply should be fairly clean (I'm quite anal with my electricals and have everything running through surge protectors) but PC supply and the car battery probably isn't as they'd fluctuate when other devices call on them for power. So the question is do people who have this problem use the car/PC and not empty-full charge, and do those without these issues only or mostly charge via mains?