Root

Guest cirra

Guest Diamas

We hope to don't detroy your vacations by asking you continuesly.... :S

But you understand our thirst for Rooting it and make it customable!!! :(

Guest Ali Sharifi

Paul! Paul! I am checking the site every day to see the end of this story! Please do your best to finish it by rooting the Wildfire soon! It is really Wild fire

Guest loukas kalatzis

Yes we wait you,give us a sign

Paul! Paul! I am checking the site every day to see the end of this story! Please do your best to finish it by rooting the Wildfire soon! It is really Wild fire

Guest warriorvibhu
yeah this is pauls original guide but it had a few bugs (i couldnt get it to load the update - just said it couldnt verify whole file and aborted) so he's having another crack at it :D

Paul you are our hope no one else i know is so close to rooting it .. :) do it man do it..

Guest Martin Eve

You are not the only one!

Fingers crossed -- hope Paul can give us some good news (I know this sounds really ungrateful; hard to express in text form my appreciation for your work!)

Guest Ali Sharifi

Paul I paid $15 today to install a software only to read sms in my language! The guy in the shop told there is no way to root my wildfire! The world is waiting you

Guest jeancventura

Still no news on rooting the Wildfire? I tried what has been offered so far, and i get the same update verification errors a lot of people are getting... Paul, where are you!!?

Guest Ilan1
I'm guessing that (given the post on the new HBOOT at http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...h-radio-deodex/ ) updating to Froyo before root has been achieved would be a bad idea...

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'd recomend to always wait for rooting updates before updating the phone as long as it's working fine. new hboot might make it more difficult to root.

hey, ive recently tried following the steps on rooting the wildfire and found the same issue as others are citing. can someone please confirm for me that this doesnt now mean my phone is now a write-off??

please and thank you!

Edited by icc

Guest Martin Eve
hey, ive recently tried following the steps on rooting the wildfire and found the same issue as others are citing. can someone please confirm for me that this doesnt now mean my phone is now a right-off??

please and thank you!

You should be able to use the steps at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=31 to fix this. To quote:

It was simple. I run the ROM 1.15.707.1, during the installation it asked if I want to update the ROM, I selected yes, it made a fast reboot on the phone.

At this time the LCD of phone went black with only a HTC word written on it. The RUU application status was waiting for the phone, but nothing happened. If you unplug the usb cable at this time the black screen on the LCD will be replaced by some bootloader menu which includes the "RUU" line, but when you reconnect the USB cable, the black screen with "HTC" word will appear again.

The RUU software stops at this stage, telling it could not find the Wildfire. But if you run it again and select next (while the phone is still showin the black screen) it will detect the phone and complete the ROM installation.

Good luck

So, basically, get the stock rom and flash that back onto the device; should recover it.

Just out of curiosity, what HBOOT version and ROM version did you try to root?

yeah this is pauls original guide but it had a few bugs (i couldnt get it to load the update - just said it couldnt verify whole file and aborted) so he's having another crack at it :D

so, is there a new guide to root the Wildfire? 0.80.0003 :)

Guest Martin Eve
so, is there a new guide to root the Wildfire? 0.80.0003 :)

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=713854&page=6

Contains my latest attempt at rooting with a kernel exploit but sadly no luck still. If anyone has any ideas they qouls be most welcome.

Guest casiocas

Can anyone confirm? Dose this tutorial works for Wildfire Build:1.14.... ; Baseband:13.45.55.24H_3.35.15.31; Firmware:2.1!

Thanks in adv. if anyone answers!

I am new here and my mother language is not english, if I mess something in words or similar, then just SORRY! :D

I just hope to find a way for rooting wildfire. Before I have the IPhone. But I love wildfire, because its doing almost similar things(if you root it) and it cost much LESS! :)

Guest manups4e

CASIOCAS.....i'm sorry..but this guide won't work for wildfire...my phone restarts every time i try to use the 10th point..so..i hope that the wildfire could be rooted soon =)=)

Guest casiocas
CASIOCAS.....i'm sorry..but this guide won't work for wildfire...my phone restarts every time i try to use the 10th point..so..i hope that the wildfire could be rooted soon =)=)

Thank you so much manups4e for answering. I hope it too.

I know almost everything from IPhone, but android is not my best aknowledge for now. :D But I search every day, I found new interesting things and apps for android. I really want to root it(LIKE YOU ALL)! :)