73 replies to this topic

fatattack

fatattack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:htc wildfire, iphone 3G
eagerly awaiting Paul's new results myself aswell here :angry:

in the meantime, is there already a custom rom out to flash the wildfire with after root ?
Basically, I want to get rid of sense and preferably of course go straight to 2.2

also, does anyone know where to get the official rom that is currently on the wildfire ( 2.1update1 ) so that if at some time I want to revert back to stock, I can flash it on again.

thanks for answering

qvert

qvert

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
  • Twitter:@qvert
you need root and custom recovery or simmilar way to apply a non official rom :angry:

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,455 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@@paulobrien
Complications unfortunately! :(

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

konna280

konna280

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC WILDFIRE

P

oh no! :(

Edited by konna280, 24 July 2010 - 07:27 PM.

Diamas

Diamas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

P

And now Paul..... ? ? ? ? :(
What we are going to do ? ? ? :P

qvert

qvert

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
  • Twitter:@qvert

And now Paul..... ? ? ? ? :(
What we are going to do ? ? ? :P

wait until he is back from vacation :(

JMT668

JMT668

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Wildfire
  • Twitter:@JMT668
when is he back? I get my Wildfire on Friday and cant wait to get it Rooted! Good luck Paul!

Diamas

Diamas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
We hope to don't detroy your vacations by asking you continuesly.... :S
But you understand our thirst for Rooting it and make it customable!!! :(

Ali Sharifi

Ali Sharifi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Paul! Paul! I am checking the site every day to see the end of this story! Please do your best to finish it by rooting the Wildfire soon! It is really Wild fire

loukas kalatzis

loukas kalatzis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes we wait you,give us a sign

Paul! Paul! I am checking the site every day to see the end of this story! Please do your best to finish it by rooting the Wildfire soon! It is really Wild fire

demolition23

demolition23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid
Any news Paul?

warriorvibhu

warriorvibhu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC elf,Desire,HD2,Wildfire.

yeah this is pauls original guide but it had a few bugs (i couldnt get it to load the update - just said it couldnt verify whole file and aborted) so he's having another crack at it :D

Paul you are our hope no one else i know is so close to rooting it .. :) do it man do it..

Martin Eve

Martin Eve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

You are not the only one!

Fingers crossed -- hope Paul can give us some good news (I know this sounds really ungrateful; hard to express in text form my appreciation for your work!)

Ali Sharifi

Ali Sharifi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Paul I paid $15 today to install a software only to read sms in my language! The guy in the shop told there is no way to root my wildfire! The world is waiting you

jeancventura

jeancventura

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Still no news on rooting the Wildfire? I tried what has been offered so far, and i get the same update verification errors a lot of people are getting... Paul, where are you!!?

Martin Eve

Martin Eve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I'm guessing that (given the post on the new HBOOT at http://android.modac...h-radio-deodex/ ) updating to Froyo before root has been achieved would be a bad idea...

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

rico2k_uk

rico2k_uk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Devices:G2 Touch
  • Twitter:@ricostuart
my hboot is 0.80.0002 - would the original root method work for my wildfire?

Ilan1

Ilan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

I'm guessing that (given the post on the new HBOOT at http://android.modac...h-radio-deodex/ ) updating to Froyo before root has been achieved would be a bad idea...

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'd recomend to always wait for rooting updates before updating the phone as long as it's working fine. new hboot might make it more difficult to root.

icc

icc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Wildfire
hey, ive recently tried following the steps on rooting the wildfire and found the same issue as others are citing. can someone please confirm for me that this doesnt now mean my phone is now a write-off??

please and thank you!

Edited by icc, 06 August 2010 - 02:44 PM.

Martin Eve

Martin Eve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

hey, ive recently tried following the steps on rooting the wildfire and found the same issue as others are citing. can someone please confirm for me that this doesnt now mean my phone is now a right-off??

please and thank you!

You should be able to use the steps at http://forum.xda-dev...mp;postcount=31 to fix this. To quote:

It was simple. I run the ROM 1.15.707.1, during the installation it asked if I want to update the ROM, I selected yes, it made a fast reboot on the phone.

At this time the LCD of phone went black with only a HTC word written on it. The RUU application status was waiting for the phone, but nothing happened. If you unplug the usb cable at this time the black screen on the LCD will be replaced by some bootloader menu which includes the "RUU" line, but when you reconnect the USB cable, the black screen with "HTC" word will appear again.

The RUU software stops at this stage, telling it could not find the Wildfire. But if you run it again and select next (while the phone is still showin the black screen) it will detect the phone and complete the ROM installation.

Good luck

So, basically, get the stock rom and flash that back onto the device; should recover it.

Just out of curiosity, what HBOOT version and ROM version did you try to root?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users