signature verification failed

Guest Eazi

Guest Eazi

Hi Guys, I have posted in the main thread but firstly I think its lost in the 122 pages and secondly, there seems to be a few people with the same error but no reply.

when trying to root my desire I have finished windows-step1.bat seems ok

when doing apply sdcard:update.zip i get the error

e:signature verification failed

installation aborted

Any ideas?

Guest Eazi
Which software version and HBOOT do you have?

I was HBOOT 0.80 and software 1.15.xxxx

Whilst trying again last night, phone went into a reboot loop, white screen with HTC Logo, text got to Quietly, then black screen and reboot.

Amidst panic I tried one more time nd it worked. I did nothing different ????

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimmie

I am trying to flash a recovery image to the Desire to be able to install custom roms on the go... instead of from the computer all the time.

I keep getting a (signature failed) in the windows command prompt when I try to flash one.

can someone please help me on how to get a custom recovery image on the phone.

Thank You

Guest gubacsek

i am having the same problem after modifying and signing an update.zip file with signapk.jar.

what can be the reason? i tried different certificates, keys, but the result is the same...

Guest audio2u

Even though the OP solved his problem, I'll just throw my 2 cents in here for future perusers of this thread.

I encountered the same problem when I was trying to root my unbranded Desire with HBoot 0.80 and software 1.21.xxx.

I was following Paul's riskfree method which stated that an unbranded handset would not require a goldcard.

Without a goldcard, I was encountering the same "signature verification failed" error.

I then created a goldcard (using a Kingston 8GB card) and tried Paul's riskfree root method again, and hey presto, it worked.

So, if you are having this issue, and you have not created a goldcard, might I suggest giving it a shot.

It certainly made the difference to me.

Edited by audio2u

• 2 weeks later...
Guest owattsy
Even though the OP solved his problem, I'll just throw my 2 cents in here for future perusers of this thread.

I encountered the same problem when I was trying to root my unbranded Desire with HBoot 0.80 and software 1.21.xxx.

I was following Paul's riskfree method which stated that an unbranded handset would not require a goldcard.

Without a goldcard, I was encountering the same "signature verification failed" error.

I then created a goldcard (using a Kingston 8GB card) and tried Paul's riskfree root method again, and hey presto, it worked.

So, if you are having this issue, and you have not created a goldcard, might I suggest giving it a shot.

It certainly made the difference to me.

I have mounted the ZIP file on the GoldCard, and still, no joy - same E:signature verification failed message time and time again.

I am using HBoot 0.80 and software 1.15.xxx.

Please advise!!