[Question] Titanium Backup

Guest gravityz3r0

Guest gravityz3r0

Should i perform a full system+apps data backup before or after the lag fix? From what i understand system files are being moved to other folders when the lag fix is applied.

doesn't it mean that every time a new firmware is out, and reflash is done, an attempt to restore the backup will screw up the phone totally? Because the system files are all restored to dbdata which has not been linked by the lag fix yet.

So, i find there is 2 options in determining the sequence of which you should do first :

1. Apply lag fix, then backup. After reflash everytime, apply the lag fix again, then restore the backup.

2. Do not apply lag fix yet, backup, then you may apply the lag fix. After reflash, you can safely restore backup normally, then only apply the lag fix.

Or does it matter which sequence comes first?

On a separate issue, has any actually managed to restore their contact/SMS successfuly after reflash?

It never works for me, i'd rather use Samsung KIES to backup them :/

Edited by gravityz3r0

Guest LadFromWales

It doesn't matter

The lag fix moves /data/data to /dbdata/data then creates a symlink to /dbdata/data at /data/data

simples! :)

As far as any app is concerned, the data resides at /data/data

I use MyBackup Pro to backup SMS/MMS...Google host my contacts so I don't need to back those up.

Edited by LadFromWales

Guest hihihehe
It doesn't matter

The lag fix moves /data/data to /dbdata/data then creates a symlink to /dbdata/data at /data/data

simples! :)

As far as any app is concerned, the data resides at /data/data

I use MyBackup Pro to backup SMS/MMS...Google host my contacts so I don't need to back those up.

guess what,i try apply lag fix script after i have installed many apps(above 130MB) and my whole phone screwed up..

keep getting force close messages and there was a notification say that database storage is low...

now i flash to new firmware which is JG3 and feel like my phone not stable as before..sometimes it reboot itself and get force close message(rarely)..

so that means after i run the lag fix,no matter what firmware i flash, i also will get a problem?