Acer Liquid Official Eclair Rom (OS_Acer_1.100.39.EMEA.GEN1_A21E_A)

Guest Pretoriano80

Guest Pretoriano80
Recover back to 1.100.15

To me battery is still a problem.

I don't know what to say,mine can "survive" two days (let's say 40 hours) before i have to recharge.

Guest csics5
Good post!!!

I have only one problem with SuperBoot Overclocked @880 Mhz.

Whenever I turn on the wifi the phone restart.

People! Read, read, read.

Missing correct dhd.ko. Find the correct dhd.ko file in another topic.

Edited by csics5

Guest gengaro86

This thread smells of victory, thank you Pretoriano for tidying the mess of the other threads! :)

BTW, the NETFILTER ENABLED KERNEL are the two overclocked ones, the 768 isn't NETFILTER ENABLED!

Edited by gengaro86

Guest nferro

I had a little trouble getting LiquidTether to work, so I decided to share with you what I've done to get it running:

1. Install one of the overclocked kernels;

2. Install Busybox from Malez Recovery (it's under "Other") (I had Busybox from Titanium but it didn't work);

3. Install the correct dhd.ko: you can download it from here and install with command "adb push dhd.ko /system/etc/wifi/";

4. Run LiquidTether :-)

Guest Chadski

I seen in the 1st post about rooting. It mentioned both malez and superboot for rooting. Do we need to install both malez and superboot?

Guest liquid_it
Do we need to install both malez and superboot?

Superboot gives you permanent root + netfilter & some other goods

Malez recovery is your lifesaver if something goes wrong, or if you want to backup/restore/do app2sd..

So just flash both images! :)

Is it just me, or superboot with this new rom reboots often? It looks like is not overclock-related, device just reboots randomly even @768!

While on stream dump (even with 1-04.02.02 radio) with overclock @920 system is rock solid..

Guest Pretoriano80
Is it just me, or superboot with this new rom reboots often? It looks like is not overclock-related, device just reboots randomly even @768!

While on stream dump (even with 1-04.02.02 radio) with overclock @920 system is rock solid..

No reboots here but somehow it feels "memory hungry".Before using Vache's Superboot i've used this one ,wich is for 1.100.05 rom but was working great.Feel free to test and please let me know howe it work for you.

P.S. Thank you all for helping me on this topic.Also first and second posts were updated.

Guest Pretoriano80
The official link DOES work!

I tested it! and THIS is made by the manufacturer! Acer!

Oops...i was pointing the warning message to the wrong link,sorry.

Guest navygino

This is just a repack of gengaro86 Liquid Tether 0.3.9 to an autorun patch in Windows.

Download here: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/23355123/...ether_0.3.9.exe

1.) Please make sure your device is rooted.

2.) You will need a hacked kernel with NETFILTER enabled to make this work.

3.) Connect device to PC in USB Debug Mode.

4.) The program will install the Liquid Tether Apps and push the dhd.ko to /system/etc/wifi

5.) Enjoy.

Guest limas123
I did this like you have in tutorial.

My phone don't stop restarting, don't start. What can i do? I'm worried.

PLease help me fast!!!!

+1!

Guest Marut K.
Superboot gives you permanent root + netfilter & some other goods

Malez recovery is your lifesaver if something goes wrong, or if you want to backup/restore/do app2sd..

So just flash both images! :)

+1

I flash both images too, but apps2sd don't works. When I try move apps to SD via Malez menu, phone will loop at android logo. It can fix by move apps back to phone via Malez menu.

May it need more procedure to do for enable apps2sd on official ROM?

Thanks.

Guest barmyman

Can somebody make the 920mhz version using default kernel? cause even with the wifi patch my liquid still reboots and the most constant reboots happen during the call.

If somebody can do it, it would be really great!

Edited by barmyman

Guest MrVanes

I seem to have no ramzswap in de 920 version.

# free

total		 used		 free	   shared	  buffers

Mem:	   190120	   185780		 4340			0		  112

Swap:			0			0			0

Total:	   190120	   185780		 4340

# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq

update: just unpacked the boot image and it does not contain the ramzswap kernel modules and has no initialisation of the ramzswap, please update info on the image.

Edited by MrVanes

Guest Pretoriano80
today this update disappeared from acer site (at least in italy and france)

And i wonder why you have to put this news here and create a new topic about it too (btw the link in first post is still working) ...I don't know, maybe is just me, but this Forum need moderators or atleast give more "power" to the OP because atleast the Acer subforum is a real mess and not only for new members. :D

P.S. : people should start to write less and READ more :angry:

Edited by Pretoriano80

Guest hv_francesco
And i wonder why you have to put this news here and create a new topic about it too (btw the link in first post is still working) ...I don't know, maybe is just me, but this Forum need moderators or atleast give more "power" to the OP because atleast the Acer subforum is a real mess and not only for new members. :D

P.S. : people should start to write less and READ more :angry:

because in my opinion it is a new relevant enough to be recorded in the "main" thread about this rom, supposed to record the main facts about it, but I think it deserves to be reported as a new on it's own, with an eye-catching topic title, as the fact it has been removed from acer servers may point out some kind of trouble with the rom itself or the installer people should be aware of.

And anyway, I don't know why you may find a problem about a report concerning the official rom, and not about all the posts in this thread regarding overclocked kernel, mods and so on.

Guest Pretoriano80
because in my opinion it is a new relevant enough to be recorded in the "main" thread about this rom, supposed to record the main facts about it, but I think it deserves to be reported as a new on it's own, with an eye-catching topic title, as the fact it has been removed from acer servers may point out some kind of trouble with the rom itself or the installer people should be aware of.

And anyway, I don't know why you may find a problem about a report concerning the official rom, and not about all the posts in this thread regarding overclocked kernel, mods and so on.

Sorry mate ,but there's nothing relevant imho.The global download link still work (don't you think Acer would remove that too?) so i don't think there's any issue with this ROM (maybe Acer is changing something on their site,like they did 2 week ago)...So the only thing this kind of post will bring here will be people saying "+1" or "same here".

Regarding the Overclocking posts,i've said that i will not support bug reports with oc kernels (means that i will not update first post with that) but those are still constructive posts for other people wich are using the OFFICIAL rom with OC Kernels.

BTW i'm using this rom without overclock and is not bad at all,battery drain is ok is fast enough (for an official rom) and it seem that many others have the same feeling,because i don't see many complains in here.Off course,if you play with dangerous stuff or just keep flashing and flashing (mixing different roms togheter) it is normal that you will end-up having issues.