Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.4

Guest Simon O

same thing happens

can clockwork install improperly? i had to click twice or three time when i tried to install it. and if so can it be fixed somehow?

can i remove it, installing the stock recovery than trying it again?

i tried flashing stock 2.1 but it didnt help

Yes, you can try to flash the stock recovery through fastboot (if you have it) or try AmonRA Recovery and then return to ClockWork Recovery.

If all else fails, you can reflash a stock /dload/updata.app rom and it will return you to the stock recovery image, but you will lose everything else that way.

(And of course, always back things up before messing with any part of your rom.)

Edit: my apologies, I had not noticed that you had a broken USB port. But I don't see anything wrong with your thinking "in theory". (I.e. I have not done anything like that, so I can't be sure; all my flashing of recovery has been done through fastboot.)

Edited by twrock

• 2 weeks later...
Guest margariins
Fixed clockworkmod recovery to support ext3 so people with ext3 partitions can backup sd-ext

http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/flbmod/rec...5.0.4-pulse.zip

Few questions,

Does this work for u8220-6?

Also, when I attach my huawei to PC in volume down+red+power, PC reacts, but shows that there is no sowftware for this device.

Will then running instal.recovery.windows.bat have any effect?

thanks

Few questions,

Does this work for u8220-6?

Also, when I attach my huawei to PC in volume down+red+power, PC reacts, but shows that there is no sowftware for this device.

Will then running instal.recovery.windows.bat have any effect?

thanks

Yes it should work and what effect u mean?pushing that is going to install the recovery image.if u install the drivers 2.1 of pulse on ur pc it will recognize it.

Edited by jeddy1

Guest margariins
Yes it should work and what effect u mean?pushing that is going to install the recovery image.if u install the drivers 2.1 of pulse on ur pc it will recognize it.

Ok, I installed clockwork, all went well, works fine.

New problem - I'm trying to make backup, but it stops in the middle.

looks like this :

backing up boot...

backing up recovery...

backing up system...

HwIME.apk

stays like that

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gege001

i can't install it from rom manager. when i select "Flash clockworkMod Recovery" nothing happens. under "Flash clockworkMod Recovery" i can see the text "current recovery: clockworkMod unknown" but when i reboot into recovery it's still the AmonRA recovery. what should i do? has anyone the same problem? or am i just stupid?

Guest gege001
i can't install it from rom manager. when i select "Flash clockworkMod Recovery" nothing happens. under "Flash clockworkMod Recovery" i can see the text "current recovery: clockworkMod unknown" but when i reboot into recovery it's still the AmonRA recovery. what should i do? has anyone the same problem? or am i just stupid?

Ok i managed to install the recovery menu. i had to download a newer version of ROMManager cus mine was included in the rom so it wasn't updated.

I have used FLB for several months but something's wrong so I needed to rebuild. I had Clockworkmod 2.5.0.4 already on my Pulse so I set about installing FLB-Mod 1.7. However, I can't seem to find the "partition SD card" option anywhere in the Clockworkmod menus; I want to have A2SD so this really stops me in my tracks. What am I missing?

I have a "partitions menu" but that only contains options to mount and format, and when I format my SD card there that's all it does -- it doesn't give me any options to partition the card.

I must be missing something fundamental because I remember partitioning the card when I installed FLB in September...

Guest Fusion0306
I have used FLB for several months but something's wrong so I needed to rebuild. I had Clockworkmod 2.5.0.4 already on my Pulse so I set about installing FLB-Mod 1.7. However, I can't seem to find the "partition SD card" option anywhere in the Clockworkmod menus; I want to have A2SD so this really stops me in my tracks. What am I missing?

I have a "partitions menu" but that only contains options to mount and format, and when I format my SD card there that's all it does -- it doesn't give me any options to partition the card.

I must be missing something fundamental because I remember partitioning the card when I installed FLB in September...

You can do it through Rom Manager

You can do it through Rom Manager

OK, please help me understand what you mean. Following this guide, I read that I should "Return to the Main menu in the Custom recovery Image and select 'Partition SD Card'". Isn't this the menu on the device itself, headed up "Clockworkmod Recovery v2.5.0.4"? Is the "Rom Manager" that you refer to something different?

I can not get Clockwork Recovery installed.

I followed the method:

--------

Download recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.4-pulse.zip

Extract the archive.

Put your device in bootloader mode - turn if off, then tap the power-button while holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys

Run the bat file to install recovery.

-------

The bootloader mode is a blue screen where at the top is written in white "usb Fastboot: v0.5"

Then i connect the phone to the PC.

Then I run the "install-recovery-windows.bat" file. When i do this a black window pups up for 2 short sec.

First it says in the black window: sending 'recovery' 3070 kb... OKAY

Next it says: writing 'recovery'... OKAY

Then the black window closes automatically. (all this happens in just 2 short seconds)

Now during or after these steps i did NOTHING changes on the blue screen of the pulse

I'm running windows XP and i have installed the PC suite from the 2.1 update. When i plug in the pulse while the phone is running it recognizes it perfectly (4devices). When i connect the phone to my PC in bootloader mode it i get a popup in the right corner of my pc that says "android 1.0"

Edited by avenn

Guest eckengucker1

is your phone already rooted? I guess not. Otherwise root it first, flash CWR again, remove battery and insert again, press menu+red+power on. Works 1000 percent :lol:

Guest Boony123
press menu+red+power on. Works 1000 percent ;)

think you need do that, an install a custom rom to get root access.

once that is done you can update the CWR to 3.0.0.7 via the app.

is your phone already rooted? I guess not. Otherwise root it first, flash CWR again, remove battery and insert again, press menu+red+power on. Works 1000 percent ;)

Oh my god... This is it!!! I had to "press menu+red+power on" to boot clockwork...

Thank you soooooo much eckengucker1 & Boony123, you made my day, no you made my month!!!!

Guest AntonioPT
But if you fllash CWR 3 you wont be able to flash the Pulse roms. The common update script used by our roms isn't compatible with CWR 3!

The CM update script is the new update-script + update-binary, so it is compatible with cwr 3.