[ROM] AOSP/CM6 for liquid (new Aug 10)

Guest koudelka

Guest koudelka

*UPDAE 4*

Even though there is a more user oriented CM6 rom out now, I decided to upload one of my recent builds for people who like to try a more pure CM6+Google experience. This build have full market access, fixed maps crash issue, Chinese input from HTC (I know there are many chinese liquid users), Fast AGPS, wifi, bluetooth, same as my old builds.

new CM6 build aug 10th, added keymap for liquid so now you can change volume when screen is off :(

Credits to the people who is doing all the great work with CM6 can be found here:

http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vend.../CHANGELOG.mkdn

http://www.multiupload.com/QFQJ4F68TV

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/pqaekim3z

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=USQE60OR

(I have added a new version that should not have data roaming enabled, but please check anyway to be sure!)

Instructions:

Do nandroid backup (just in case :P )

Flash in malez recovery no sign check (For best experience wipe data/factory reset in malez first)

First boot takes long time, like with all roms. Please let the device index files and sync all your data, after that it should feel much faster.

Hope you enjoy!

*History*

Time for my first rom B) , and it will be a early build of aosp for liquid. I have been working on creating a vendor tree so we can get aosp on our liquid :( and now I want to create a rom to show how much is possible as of now. I am also hoping this will encourage more developers to help making this tree fully working.

I have to say that most hard work in this rom and vendor tree has been done by phh who created the excellent kernel, and also fixed all the hardware that is working so far in this build. All I did was adding it to a make file and compiled :D

*Update* I have made a small tutorial on how to build this yourself, please look in this thread if you are interested http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...osp-for-liquid/

Flash with malez recovery, unsigned. And remember this is only made to be a preview, not made for everyday usage. (If you don't feel comfortable flashing a rom, and knowing what it means doing it, then this is not for you) this is at your own risk, and remember to backup! :P

*UPDAE*

I have now compiled new version, with high res graphics, and some added languages(some of which seems to lack the actual translation). there seem to be some slowness while dimming background (for popups like entering wireless key, or the dimming function in the clock application) if someone knows what might be causing it, please post in this thread

http://www.multiupload.com/OKESXWZ0C5 (Warning formats data, so do backup!)

This is only aosp apps and languages, nothing added. It is based of the codeaurora froyo tree for qsd8250 (also thanks to phh for suggesting :D)

*UPDAE 2*

I have now also built CM6, two versions one with google stuff and one without. These roms are not well tested and have some performance issues sometimes. Anyways might be someone who want to have a look atleast :D

http://www.multiupload.com/WHJQKUJ8BK (Google) v0.3 Fri Aug 6 3:45pm CET (Fixed popup slowness,usb mass storage, and changed some in gps.conf)

http://www.multiupload.com/PM5IG6176M (without Google) (this one seems faster to me, I might not have done so well in including some google things... :D) ( to fix the popupslowness issue, remove debug.sf.hw=0 from build.prop in /system )

Hope you will enjoy

What is working( should be working)

Wifi, radio, g-sensor, bluetooth (although, a2dp does not work. same as in frf91 rom), brightness control(but not automatic), accelerated 3g graphics, gps, audio

what is not working:

audio over bluetooth(works in CM, but tricky to pair/connect), no camera (same problem as with phh frf91 rom), and some small quirks here and there :( , no leds

Edited by koudelka

Guest amdnikos

omg its the first time i see REAL Greek in my lovely liquid!Aosp rocks and tbh i would love l8er custom roms to be based on a real working aosp.Thnx for your job. :(

Guest koudelka
omg its the first time i see REAL Greek in my lovely liquid!Aosp rocks and tbh i would love l8er custom roms to be based on a real working aosp.Thnx for your job. :(

oh I see now, that it seems some languages have fallen away in this build :( sorry to disappoint you, next build I make sure to include them :P

Guest amdnikos

no u didnt lol.I am Greek and on languange selection its first time i see all languages included, even Greeks.U didnt dissapoint me, instead u gave me hope to see my natural language on my liquid. :(

I just started playing and Greeks all around phone. :(

Guest koudelka
no u didnt lol.I am Greek and on languange selection its first time i see all languages included, even Greeks.U didnt dissapoint me, instead u gave me hope to see my natural language on my liquid. :P

I just started playing and Greeks all around phone. :P

ah, I missed it in the list :( but some language things are missing, like PinyinIME (there was some problem with it, and I didnt bother with it, just removed it for now.) and also japanese input. Anyways I am glad you liked it! :(

Guest xian1243

It's WAY more complicated than a pre-link map...

@Bravo koudelka!!! Permission to use this as my next base? I know it's just a preview, but I have some ideas.

Xian

Guest koudelka
Is this using the same prelink map as Acer or the Nexus One?

Just wondering...

This is aosp prelinkmap (which is the same as nexus one) All aosp stuff except for some proprietary drivers

It's WAY more complicated than a pre-link map...

@Bravo koudelka!!! Permission to use this as my next base? I know it's just a preview, but I have some ideas.

Xian

yes sure! use it all you want :(

falsh on bin .39?

.39 works fine, I use that. I am using phh boot.img with ril chroot so what works for his frf91 rom should work with this I think (basically I just replaced his stuff with libraries and applications I compiled :( )

Guest phhusson
Is this using the same prelink map as Acer or the Nexus One?

Just wondering...

3G/1G prelinking, meaning like N1 and all HTC devices.

Guest simoneser

WiFi isn't working :(

And the icons are in low-res (compare an Eclair\Phhroyo notification bar with yours, or the app icons)

Guest koudelka
WiFi isn't working :(

And the icons are in low-res (compare an Eclair\Phhroyo notification bar with yours, or the app icons)

Yes, I have noticed that also. Not sure why that is. Let me check on wifi, it should be working. ( I only tested on my system.img not after repacking to update.zio )

Guest koudelka

I am currently compiling new version, that should have some added langauges (although, it seems like the actual translation is missing for some of the new languages, maybe something google is working on). I think also I have found solution for the low-res icons and textures, we will see :(

Guest anthonws
I am currently compiling new version, that should have some added langauges (although, it seems like the actual translation is missing for some of the new languages, maybe something google is working on). I think also I have found solution for the low-res icons and textures, we will see :(

Kudos for you great work!!!

Yesterday I was talking about having AOSP in the IRC channel and today, BANG!! :(

Would it be possible to adapt the vendor tree to compile cyanogen ROM?

Best of wishes,

Anthon.

Guest amdnikos
*****NOOOB QUESTION******

What is AOSP?...And what's so big with this kind of rom?...

Android Open Source Project.Hmm nothing serious. Froyo rom with support of all languages worldwide. :(

Guest koudelka
*****NOOOB QUESTION******

What is AOSP?...And what's so big with this kind of rom?...

Android Open Source Project, this means we now can compile android ourself from google's codebase and get the latest stuff. It also means it will be easier to make modified custom roms and add functionality over what android can provide today(possible before also, but this should make it easier. If someone likes coding :().