[ROM] AOSP/CM6 for liquid (new Aug 10)

Guest koudelka

Guest jayziac

Thanks for the work, it would be helpful to keep a list of things that still need to work or fixed, such as Wifi reliability, or camera?

Guest koudelka
Thanks for the work, it would be helpful to keep a list of things that still need to work or fixed, such as Wifi reliability, or camera?

I added some info in the first post, although I have not used this rom so much myself, just tried to get things up and running not had it for longer use.

(I have actually not tried making call with it, but 3g data works)

Guest koudelka

it is also possible to build using the code from source.android.com, but gralloc, copybit and libaudio is needed from codeaurora :(

Guest koudelka
I'm in love with phhroyo and I want to try this rom, can I flash it on top of .09 bin?

yes it should work, if it works with phhroyo, it should work here. But this rom is far from as polished as phhroyo. I am planing to write down some information on how to compile and create a rom like this, to encourage more to become rom developers :(

Guest jdouce
Android Open Source Project, this means we now can compile android ourself from google's codebase and get the latest stuff. It also means it will be easier to make modified custom roms and add functionality over what android can provide today(possible before also, but this should make it easier. If someone likes coding :().

So expanding on the noobness questions.

This is good because we can have a totally customisable OS built for the liquid, rather than just a tweaked version of the norm Android stock?

Guest koudelka
So expanding on the noobness questions.

This is good because we can have a totally customisable OS built for the liquid, rather than just a tweaked version of the norm Android stock?

Yes, basically. I am not really sure if this will end up giving us better roms or not, I mostly did it because I wanted to see if I could :(

Guest jdouce

Well good luck to you! Hope it dose bare fruit.

But even if it doesn't - thank you for all the hard work!

NB would this lead to having custom bins?

Edited by jdouce

Guest Chadski
yes it should work, if it works with phhroyo, it should work here. But this rom is far from as polished as phhroyo. I am planing to write down some information on how to compile and create a rom like this, to encourage more to become rom developers :(

oh please do write instruction how to compile and create a ROM like this... I am just beginning programming for android. Maybe I can have a practice with AOSP codes to customize my taste and help other devs in their work.. kudos to you bro!

Guest koudelka
oh please do write instruction how to compile and create a ROM like this... I am just beginning programming for android. Maybe I can have a practice with AOSP codes to customize my taste and help other devs in their work.. kudos to you bro!

I have done it :( you can find the post here http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...osp-for-liquid/

hope you like it! :(

Guest akira.pwr

Today I've tried this rom but I saw i havent market google account and gmail etc, I've tried to add an account, but I'm not good to put data, what can I do?

Edited by akira.pwr

Guest akira.pwr
word of warning, seems application don't have a end call button :( so this build is not for using with call for now :(

There is a way to close a call, in menu/accesso facilitato(maybe in english "easy access"? Where there soundback, kickback and talkback options) there is to flag an option, pressing power button you can close a call.

Sorry for my poor english.

Guest koudelka

I have now updated the first post with a alpha build of CM6 for liquid. I also tried to make a package with google applications (maps seems to not work :) ). Please remember this is alpha stuff!

Guest boostnek9

Just for clarification..If there are bugs would you like for us to post them or do we keep this thread clean?

I'm about to test the CM6 ROM now and I can report back ...it's up to you..

Guest koudelka
Just for clarification..If there are bugs would you like for us to post them or do we keep this thread clean?

I'm about to test the CM6 ROM now and I can report back ...it's up to you..

No need to report bugs right now, there is some major bugs that needs to be fixed first :D

*edit*

but it is always fun hearing your experience :)

*edit2*

audio over bluetooth is working now, just a bit tricky to get it paired/connected :D

Edited by koudelka

Guest alan090
No need to report bugs right now, there is some major bugs that needs to be fixed first :D

have you built the vendor tree for CM?

I am very happy to hear CM 6 working on liquid - even if there are lots of bugs :)

I would suggest maybe to talk to cyanogen / koush about a vendor tree for the liquid, that way we could have official support from cm team with updates and new builds would be released along other phones like the nexus

Guest koudelka
have you built the vendor tree for CM?

I am very happy to hear CM 6 working on liquid - even if there are lots of bugs :)

I would suggest maybe to talk to cyanogen / koush about a vendor tree for the liquid, that way we could have official support from cm team with updates and new builds would be released along other phones like the nexus

There is a bit left for that, I will try clean up the make files and hopefully we can also get the last major bugs fixed (I am not good at that part, phh is the one doing all that hard work. He should have all credit for that). Unfortunately I dont have so much time these coming weeks since I have upcoming exams at end of august :D after that I will try get it working, unless someone else does it before me :D (Always fun if more people would join! X))

Guest koudelka

ok, seems to be some bugs with the audio. When I have device closed and listen from bluetooth I can change the volume too high so it becomes distorted. Dont know why this happens (might be EQ problem in CM6). lowering the volume fixes the sound again

*edit*

yes I just had EQ settings too high... :)

Edited by koudelka

Guest alan090
ok, seems to be some bugs with the audio. When I have device closed and listen from bluetooth I can change the volume too high so it becomes distorted. Dont know why this happens (might be EQ problem in CM6). lowering the volume fixes the sound again

*edit*

yes I just had EQ settings too high... :)

do you have a github set up??

I would love to TRY to build from source to see what can be done

I am not putting past trying anything ;()

If you and phhuson work together on this I think our liquid can be a great device finally :D

The only thing i have missed was cyanogen mod...

Guest koudelka
Can you clarify what are the major bugs you speak of? :D

popups are slow, camera is not working, bluetooth is not super reliable, it is what I can think of now :D the first post has a listing at the end of whats working and not. If you find something you want to add or remove from that please say :)

do you have a github set up??

I would love to TRY to build from source to see what can be done

I am not putting past trying anything ;()

If you and phhuson work together on this I think our liquid can be a great device finally

The only thing i have missed was cyanogen mod...

I dont have a git repository yet, but I did publish the files I am using on my guide to build aosp, http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...d/#entry1358820

That is what I used to build CM6 also, Just had to add some small things to make it build (and made a cyanogen_liquid make file, to add cyanogen stuff, just copy of make file for bravo or other phones just changed the names)

Edited by koudelka

Guest boostnek9

It will be my pleasure!!!

Ok well to start off,

- it tells me my SD card is blank or unsupported FS.

- USB mount doesnt work for me.

the rest is the usual..no cam and overall system is laggy but hey! we got a working CM6 lol hehe Thanks so much for introducing this! I feel this is a breaking point for the devs! :)

Guest koudelka
It will be my pleasure!!!

Ok well to start off,

- it tells me my SD card is blank or unsupported FS.

- USB mount doesnt work for me.

the rest is the usual..no cam and overall system is laggy but hey! we got a working CM6 lol hehe Thanks so much for introducing this! I feel this is a breaking point for the devs! :)

do you have any other partitions on your SD card? like some ext partition for apps2sd? sdcard works well for me, but I have a clean 2g fat formated

*edit* mounting is also not working for me, but I can play music form the sdcard, and view images

Edited by koudelka