Help, can't debrand after unrooting

Guest hazi1964

Guest hazi1964

Ok, I debranded, rooted, flashed various roms and eventually unrooted. Now I want to debrand again so that I can just have a generic rom.

Trouble is, no matter what I try, I'm getting the error part way through saying I do not have the correct update utility, please get the right update utility and try again.

This happened before (this is the second time I have unrooted) and it turned out I was using the wrong ruu file. .

My current rom is as follows:

Firmware version 2.1 update1

Baseband 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2

Kernel version 2.6.29-54b7033a

htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Build number 1.21.110.4 CL175581 release-keys

Software number 1.21.110.4

Browser version WebKit 3.1

My bootloader is 0.80.0000

Radio version 0-4.06.00.02_2

The RUU I have been trying to run is RUU Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126984_signed.e

e

I have used my GoldCard but it just won't work, stops part way with the error.

Can somebody please advise me on what I am doing wrong? I am sure it's down to my own mistake/s but just can't work it out.

One other thing that has crossed my mind is that the sd cards I have used, have been partitioned (no idea how to unpartition). Could that be causing a problem? I have also noticed that the phone keeps telling me that the cards are damaged and I may need to format, which I do and the card works fine until the next boot. I will go buy a new card or two tomorrow, one to keep specifically for a goldcard and the other to hopefully solve this problem if it IS the partition being the issue.

Meanwhile, if anybody has the solution, please please do let me know. If you need any more info than what i have already given, please let me know and I will be only too pleased to provide it.

Thank you in advance to anybody who can help.

Alison (SOLVED)

Edited by hazi1964