Android 2.1 for Streak is coming, closer than before

Guest Eric.Druse

Guest Eric.Druse

Hi all, I heard that Android 2.1 for streak is on the way. I got 4 pictures of it. I posted a 6267 version in thread but many people doubt about it. I am not spreading rumors here, just want to pass some information here, let you guys know it in advance a little bit. Dell says that streak will get update to andorid 2.x, I believe it's true, but not sure it's 2.1 or 2.2.

OK, Get back to this topic, so many people is asking for Android 2.1 or 2.2 even, what new features will we get with Android 2.x ? New UI? Multi-touch?, what else?

About this v2.1 for streak, I can manage to get it. But I am wondering if it's worth to do. Can anyone tell?

Edited on 2nd, Aug. 2010. To who have interest. FPS2D test result screen is here. Just got it from my contact.

4852852032_b5aef7d0a0_b.jpg

Edit on 30, Jul. 2010. Per request, asked that guy for a test with Linpack for android.(Cannot find app named "quadrent") Result below:

1. Download the APP

4842516532_b85423120f_b.jpg

2. Run the test--Weird, received another test result, same handset, got different results.

* a. MFLOPS=5.903

* b. MFLOPS=7.132

4842516636_3bd158cd12_b.jpg

4842809804_a124596c0d_b.jpg

Here come some picture about this new build:

1. Android 2.1 Lock screen

4839514224_00e71af03b_b.jpg

2. Android 2.1 Home screen

4839515170_0d76767bea_b.jpg

3. Android 2.1 buld number

4839514538_00a61e6532_b.jpg

4. Multi-touch test screen shot

4839514852_88117f49b3_b.jpg

Edited by Eric.Druse

Guest Eric.Druse

God! So hard to manage the photos share in google docs.

Dont know how to share photos here. Does anyone can tell me a good website to share photos? I want to show photos here in thread directly.

BTW, I donot use facebook or twitter either.

Edited by Eric.Druse

Guest WilhelmsBrick

Hi, if you dont mind me asking, how did you get it? And as for whether it's worth it as long as it's fully functional it's gotta be worth getting. You able to do any tests like linpack and quadrent on it? The performance and speed must be improved quite a bit.

Guest Eric.Druse
Hi, if you dont mind me asking, how did you get it? And as for whether it's worth it as long as it's fully functional it's gotta be worth getting. You able to do any tests like linpack and quadrent on it? The performance and speed must be improved quite a bit.

Sorry, excuse me, what linpack and quadrent are?

It's ok for asking. I have some contact with streak team member. It's full 2.1 functional, but, as you can see, it's 2.1-update1, maybe some bugs in there, I am not sure.

If there is no new features add on, only some UI changes, I will not put any effort to get it.

Guest Davyb

It's ok for asking. I have some contact with streak team member. It's full 2.1 functional, but, as you can see, it's 2.1-update1, maybe some bugs in there, I am not sure.

If there is no new features add on, only some UI changes, I will not put any effort to get it.

Even if it has bugs its a start for us to fiddle with it :(

Please do :(

Guest fards

2.1 should give a big step up above the stock rom, in terms of functionality and speed. If nothing else it gives us the ability to use all the apps thatare currently restricted because we only have 1.6 in marketplace : D

Guest fards

2.1 should give a big step up above the stock rom, in terms of functionality and speed. If nothing else it gives us the ability to use all the apps thatare currently restricted because we only have 1.6 in marketplace : D

Guest courtlandre

Why don't you just upload the rom to megaupload or something? I know I'd be willing to throw some money at you if you were able to upload this rom... I'm sure others would be a little as well.

Guest pooey

Judging by one of his posts from the V.6267 thread i don't think we'll get our hands on this through him.

Sorry, bro, I can not give a link for it because it's in my hard drive, not official release yet.

Guest maskaler
Wait, how come the screenshot in this thread: http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...new-rom-v-6267/ says build 6267 with Android 1.6? Yet the build above is a smaller number but a higher Android version...

It makes sense - with every new major or major/minor version you'd reset the revision number to zero. i.e. 1.6.6267 would get rolled up into 2.1.0, incuding the initial 2.1 'new' stuff as part of version 0.

Guest WilhelmsBrick

They are apps in the app store which test the speed of the phone which can then be compared against other devices, atm on 1.6 i think the streak is around 4.6? Mflops, be interesting whst speed boost 2.1 gives as it should make the phone much snappier.

Guest maskaler
They are apps in the app store which test the speed of the phone which can then be compared against other devices, atm on 1.6 i think the streak is around 4.6? Mflops, be interesting whst speed boost 2.1 gives as it should make the phone much snappier.

I second this - it'd be great to know what we're in for when we get 2.x.

Guest Eric.Druse

Hi, all, what ever you boubt about it or not, because I am using streak everyday and love it very much, I just want to post some truely information to let "Streakers" know something that will come to true, to share ti with you.

Guest Eric.Druse
Why don't you just upload the rom to megaupload or something? I know I'd be willing to throw some money at you if you were able to upload this rom... I'm sure others would be a little as well.

Sorry, man. I just cannot do this. It's not my baby, I do not wanna ruin the other guy's career. I do not have it on hand right now, need to check with him.