AT&T Streaks locked out!!!

Guest hdbueller

Guest hdbueller

Hi all.

I am currently on the phone with AT&T as my USA beta Streak has quit working!! I am being told that the US Streaks were designed to quit after the evaluation period was over!! :D I now can not make any calls with it at all except to AT&T!! :)

Any one else had their Streak IMEI blocked by AT&T?? Do I now own a $600 useless device???

Edited by hdbueller

Guest x-kid
Hi all.

I am currently on the phone with AT&T as my USA beta Streak has quit working!! I am being told that the US Streaks were designed to quit after the evaluation period was over!! :D I now can not make any calls with it at all except to AT&T!! :)

Any one else had their Streak IMEI blocked by AT&T?? Do I now own a $600 useless device???

same thing just happened to me. i can't do anything either. this sucks for all that bought the betas including me.

Guest foxfire235
same thing just happened to me. i can't do anything either. this sucks for all that bought the betas including me.

same thing happened to me before I changed my APN. I got an SMS from ATT saying it was unauthorized. I changed to my ipad APN and it works now. You can sign up for one and pay $25 per month and configure the APN. Gives you 3g data and VOIP but no minutes.

Edited by foxfire235

Guest hdbueller
Surely Dell wouldn't do this...

Wanna bet???? It has been done!! This is per Dell's instructions, NOT AT&T's!!

Edited by hdbueller

Guest BigPrince
Wanna bet???? It has been done!! This is per Dell's instructions, NOT AT&T's!!

I'm in the same boat... I got a k9 alert at lunch and now I can't place calls either... wtf...

Guest hdbueller
I'm in the same boat... I got a k9 alert at lunch and now I can't place calls either... wtf...

Quote from Dell:

All 1100+ US beta Streak IMEI's are now invalid! They could not (or would not) say if the IMEI's will be good again after the release!

UPDATE: Dell told me that it is an AT&T issue,not a Dell issue! AT&T has done this until it is released by them!

Edited by hdbueller

Guest BigPrince
Quote from Dell:

All 1100+ US beta Streak IMEI's are now invalid! They could not (or would not) say if the IMEI's will be good again after the release!

Somehow this can not be legal... I now have a wifi brick.

Guest hdbueller
Somehow this can not be legal... I now have a wifi brick.

According to Dell, it is AT&T who is blacklisting the IMEI's.....Dell states that they will work again once they are released by Dell in the US.

Guest mlee1999
According to Dell, it is AT&T who is blacklisting the IMEI's.....Dell states that they will work again once they are released by Dell in the US.

Wow, that is wild. I am surprised ATT is doing that. Some customers who rely on the Streak as their only phone may cancel their service with ATT if they can't use it for a period.

Guest geniusdog254
Wow, that is wild. I am surprised ATT is doing that.

Really? At this point nothing AT&T has/will do could surprise me. They think they can do whatever they want. Its getting to be how Verizon used to be...

All that can really be said is #attfail

Guest hdbueller
Wow, that is wild. I am surprised ATT is doing that. Some customers who rely on the Streak as their only phone may cancel their service with ATT if they can't use it for a period.

I finally got an AT&T tech to confirm that it was they who did it, as they say that the Streak was/is only a test unit, and that the test period has ended. I wonder if you put your ATT sim in an ATT phone for a while and then went back to the Streak, if it would work again? I think that it would have to be a phone that is already registered to that sim tho.....as AT&T usually uses a sim to restrict service and not an IMEI. I may try that tomorrow.....I will report back if no one else has by then.

Later :)

PS Interesting about it working on Rogers......

Edited by hdbueller

Guest Carlo Savino

I have an AT&T beta Streak but used my own legacy iPhone SIM and I have not seen any interruption in voice or data service. In fact I just sent an email and called my wife with no issues.

So I suspect that the SIM that Dell provided to you simply expired. I bet if you put another AT&T SIM in there, it would work as expected.

No cause for alarm here; Dell only planned to provide working SIMs to people for the duration of the beta, which has since expired.

Hope that helps.

Guest parks387
Really? At this point nothing AT&T has/will do could surprise me. They think they can do whatever they want. Its getting to be how Verizon used to be...

All that can really be said is #attfail

My service has not been cut off and I have a US beta Streak directly from Dell. I work for the company that worked with Dell in organizing the event where the streaks were given out for the beta test. I have an AT&T sim card from my iphone that I put in the streak and its working just fine.

Guest Texaspledge
maybe it is just the sims that were included with the texas streaks that expired?

I'm afraid not. I have a beta unit and was using my own SIM from my previous iphone. I too thought that maybe people were still talking about the original SIM cards that came with the beta test. Unfortunately I just received a text saying that I have a non approved phone and that I need to switch to one that is to keep my service. Not good for the beta unit owners!

Guest x-kid

I took the sim out that came with the streak and put my sim from an iphone and my phone stop working today. I called and they said it wasn't supported. so hopefully it will start working again soon. please reply back if someone test it out again in the next few days.

Guest dmklee

I have a Streak purchased through Craigslist. I had been using it for a few days with my ipad microsim for data only, but today it seems to have stopped working. I switched to my iphone sim and voice and data works. I'm not trying to use this is as my primary phone, but something more portable than an ipad for data on the go. Anyone else tried using the ipad's microsim in the streak and still has it working?

Guest rgsekula
same thing happened to me before I changed my APN. I got an SMS from ATT saying it was unauthorized. I changed to my ipad APN and it works now. You can sign up for one and pay $25 per month and configure the APN. Gives you 3g data and VOIP but no minutes.

My Friend gave me his Capitol Run (Austin) Beta Streak a few weeks ago after he got the sms and his At&T service was cut.. This is my first Android device and have been just been using the wifi.

Having only ever been with Verizon and Windows Mobile, i have no experience w/ SIM cards.

Can i just go to AT&T and get a IPad SIM Card/Plan for 25$ a month?

Guest foxfire235
My Friend gave me his Capitol Run (Austin) Beta Streak a few weeks ago after he got the sms and his At&T service was cut.. This is my first Android device and have been just been using the wifi.

Having only ever been with Verizon and Windows Mobile, i have no experience w/ SIM cards.

Can i just go to AT&T and get a IPad SIM Card/Plan for 25$ a month?

no it's a bit more complicated. you have to buy the ipad sim from att online, and then activate it using an ipad, a friends ipad, or the ipad emulator inside the apple SDK.

Guest un_peligroso

Funny how it's still working on the Tmobile network with no issues..

When my beta at&t SIM was disconnected I swapped it with my tmobile one and i've been using it for voice data with no issues since. Although it is running on Tmobile's edge network so it's a bit slower than 3g, but for the most part I don't notice it.

Guest parks387

maybe its a Texas thing? I have a few friends who are using the Streak as their primary phone for just voice and text, and using wifi since they dont have data plans through at&t. Anyone in Texas been cut out of service with the Streak? Also, I have a lot of co-workers trying to sell their dell streaks..if anyone is interested PM me and we can try and work something out