Koudelka worked hard to get an initial tree working for AOSP (based on Codeaurora's Froyo tree for qsd8250, big thanks to phh for suggesting), credits and kudos to him! I've been conversing with him in the IRC chatroom for a bit and have agreed to release this ROM, to maintain it, and to adapt the Liquid vendor/device tree to CyanogenMod, aiming for full hardware compatibility with Froyo and future Android versions. I am constantly updating the tree, and will provide nightly builds as soon as possible, the current builds being fully functional (WiFi, 3D, GPS, radio, camera, camcorder -adaptation of Acer's libcamera-, geolocation, all three notification LEDs, haptic feedback, USB mount, accelerometer, Proximity sensor -WIP-, and FM Radio -WIP-)
Thanks to phhusson's hard and diligent work we also have a functional Froyo kernel!
Yes you heard, this is not AOSP Froyo, a Nexus port, nor AOSP Eclair, this is CyanogenMod 6.X.X compiled for the Liquid and LiquidE!
So here it is, CyanogenMod 6.X.X with the regular Xian ROM addons and mods, for you to install! It's is a Froyo based build, includes JIT, and supports Adobe's Flash Player 10.1 (installable from the Market).
Again, credits to koudelka for the base and phhusson for the Froyo kernel! And credits to Cyanogen for the Android source and improvements! -> official CyanogenMod changelog
These ROMs WIPE DATA as to prevent incompatabilites between revisions, so please Nandroid and backup your personal DATA with Titanium Backup before upgrading, or flashing the ROM.
Suggestions are welcome to improve the usability of this ROM! Please feedback! If you like my work and want to support me, you can send me a drink -> donate link.
You can follow my work and progress on CyanogenMod support for the Liquid/E on my github.
UPDATE : I'm now working on a side-project, MIUI. I've cleaned up the work done by Koudelka, and made some personal changes, I've also added the proximity sensor patch (thanks roggin!!)
Screenshots latest version
CyanogenMod 6.1.0-RC Official Changelog
Xian (LiquidF) v1.2b - CyanogenMod -> Still working on this, will give progress update when released.
- rebased on new CyanogenMod build build date Sunday November 7th (RC1) - proximity and light sensor fixed - WiFi fixed - A-GPS and GPS fixed - LEDs fixed - updated Google Apps - updated proprietary libraries - cleaned out configs - I repeat, I'm still working on this release ! I update as I go along, so I can keep track;) ......... - lots of minuscule changes that I've forgotten to mention - same as other ROMs, all goodies included :) - FULL WIPE ROM, Please backup your apps and settings!
Xian (LiquidF) v1.2b - MIUI
- based on the structure of my latest CyanogenMod build - overclockable to 1GHz using SetCPU, underclocked, includes TUN/TAP driver, same as CM 6.1 - proximity fixed - cleaned of configs, libraries - added new lights module - updated Google Apps - updated proprietary libraries - cleaned out configs - haptic feedback strength lowered - set to English language by default - updated APN list - removed useless mahimahi crap - added Acer binaries, and startup scripts to system - new ramdisk with some cleaning - lots of minuscule changes that I've forgotten to mention - same as other ROMs, all goodies included :) - FULL WIPE ROM, Please backup your apps and settings!
Xian (LiquidF) v1.2a - CyanogenMod
- rebased on new CyanogenMod build build date November 1st (RC1) - when headset plugged in, now shows in notification bar - proximity sensor is a bit wierd, needs more work - now compatible with LiquidE - overclockable to 1.0 GHz (download SetCPU from the market) - added FM driver to kernel, and FM Radio app -not working just yet- - camera no longer working as Cyanogen is working on it in CyanogenMod's code, will release bugfix with new code - Geolocation working, but GPS still having a few problems - updated voltages in kernel - FAST AS HELL - Bluetooth should be better (need feedback) - new Google Apps (October 2010) - support for ClockworkMod Recovery (install from market) - scripts to enable disable haptic feedback, and to change sensitivity included - Multi-Touch Keyboard now an add-on (flash in recovery) - unlocked market (Nexus FRG83) - updated and fixed APN list - libraries and firmwares from latest leaks - lots of minuscule changes that I've forgotten to mention - same as other ROMs, all goodies included :) - FULL WIPE ROM, Please backup your apps and settings!
Xian (LiquidF) v1 - CyanogenMod
- rebased on new CyanogenMod build build date August 14th (RC3+) - fixed ramzwap (compcache) -> activate in CyanogenMod Settings - new GPS library - new Bluetooth firmware - new WiFi firmware - new OpenGL libaries (?) - boosted audio 4dB -> really loud (credits to phhusson) - new bootsplash (thanks to Simoneser and xau!) - radio settings changed for battery savings - phhusson's WiFi sleep fix included in kernel - missed call LED working! credits to cgatay! :D - added new Google Search (with voice) - a lot of internal bugfixes - added Chrome to Phone - upgraded SuperUser to v2.3.1 - new Bluetooth Headset EQ - USB Tethering -> activate in settings - working Camera (no camcorder as of yet) credits to phhusson! - geolocation + GPS fixed - updated all 3rd party apps - disable Surface Dithering in CyanogenMod settings for a performance boost! (but lowers quality of screen) - a surprise in ringones (can you find it?) - FULL WIPE ROM, Please backup your apps and settings!
XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.5 - CyanogenMod
- rebased on new CyanogenMod build, huge speed-up - cleaned out duplicate LatinIME.apk (not noticeable) - removed broken soundrecorder - added AcerSoundRecorder - removed OpenVPN Settings (now integrated into system settings) - upgraded SuperUser to v2.2.2 - Headset and Speaker EQ - change statusbar color - change song with long press on volume button - FULL WIPE ROM, Please backup your apps and settings!
XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4b - CyanogenMod
- undervolted to 850mV - added LiquidTether - splash screen from Xian v0.9 - fixed GPS - Tun/Tap module added (for OpenVPN) - fixed app compatability - added Toggle2G (app that toggle's 3G/2G on standby) - ramzswap tweaked to 20MB - Full WIPE, backup then flash unsigned in recovery
XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4a - CyanogenMod
- fixed superuser permissions - fixed chinese input - non-wipe update, flash unsigned in recovery
XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4 - CyanogenMod
- Added HTC CIME (Chinese Keyboard, currently a WIP) - Added HTC IME - Moved 3rd party apps to /data, added Titanium Backup, AutoKiller, LauncherPro - LWP support added - HTC Sense and Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) Live Wallpapers - GPS faster and more accurate (mod from Xian v1.0) - Cleaned system of Mahimahi and espresso bits - Moved Superuser from /bin to /xbin
Koud (LiquidF) v0.3 - CyanogenMod
- Fixed Google apps - Fixed 2D graphics rendering, popup lag - Fixed USB mount - tweaked GPS settings
A few of the many of goodies included with CyanogenMod 6.0.0:
FLAC audio support Audio Equalizer Change Status Bar color in settings Touch to focus in camcorder VOL+/VOL- to change song during standby Integrated ramzswap control Integrated custom theming of status and notification bars
Custom kernel includes:
USB Tethering support WiFi Tethering support (using BCM4329 driver) Undervolted TUN/TAP module included for OpenVPN Ramzswap with SWAP_FREE_NOTIFY Netfilter enabled for WiFi tethering with Gengaro's LiquidTether app Overclockable to 1.0GHz with SetCPU (please be carefull, as going too high can freeze your phone, 998MHz is stable for some, 960MHz for most)
v1.2a and higher :
- Latest leaked .bin (baseband 05.01.05)
- Malez Recovery 0.6.0 or ClockworkMod recovery to flash the ROM
- same as below, a brain
v1 and lower :
- At least the 2.2 Froyo leaked .bin (0.007.00), recommended for new radio and for compatability(from Xian LiquidF up until v1.2 and newer) - OR At least the official 2.1 éclair .bin (1.100.39), 1.100.63 recommended for new radio (for Xian LiquidF up until v1) - Malez Recovery 0.6.0 to flash the ROM - 10 minutes of your life - A glass of water - A brain
Backup your personal data (SMS, Contacts, with Titanium Backup or any other app) Flash the latest .bin if you haven't already done so Download the ROM and place it in the root of your SD card Reboot your Liquid into Recovery mode Nandroid backup just in case! Flash without sign check Reboot It takes at least 5 minutes to boot up the first time (to index the system files, only on first boot) Enjoy!
- Xian (LiquidF) v1.2b ROM - MIUI (FULL WIPE)
- Xian (LiquidF) v1.2a ROM (FULL WIPE)
- Multi-Touch Keyboard Add-on (works on MIUI as well)
- Xian (LiquidF) v1 ROM (FULL WIPE)
- Xian (LiquidF) v1 ROM (bugfix) <- Flash after flashing FULL ROM. Fixes USB and GPS.
- Xian (LiquidF) v1 ROM (alternate boot.img) <- flash after flashing full ROM if you get a boot loop
- XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.5 ROM (FULL WIPE)
- XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4a non-wipe update
- XianKoud (LiquidF) v0.4 ROM
- Koud (LiquidF) v0.3 ROM
- Latest .bin to flash before flashing CyanogenMod (new radio included, 04.04.02, .bin v1.100.63)
Hello everybody, Thanks to phhusson's hard and diligent work we not only have a working Froyo compatible kernel but also a working Liquid vendor tree made by koudelka (based on Codeaurora's Froyo tree for qsd8250, big thanks to phh for suggesting). As you all know he compiled AOSP for the liquid, and released on the forums as a test ROM. The ROM I'm releasing today is designed for everyday use, it has all hardware working, WiFi, GPS, Sensors, 3D, 3G, with the exception of camera, which is currently a work in progress (phhusson is a miracle worker, all work on hardware is thanks to him!). [u]But[/u], this is not AOSP Froyo, FRF91, nor AOSP Eclair, this is CyanogenMod 6.0.0 compiled for the Liquid and LiquidE! Koudelka has been working hard to get this working, credits and kudos to him! I've been conversing with him in IRC for a bit and have agreed to release this ROM, which he built and I cleaned up and tweaked for the average joe. So here it is, CyanogenMod 6 with the regular Xian ROM addons and mods, for you to install! It's is a Froyo based build, includes JIT, and supports Adobe's Flash Player 10.1 (installable from the Market). Again, credits to koudelka for the base and phhusson for the Froyo kernel! And credits to Cyanogen for the Android source and improvements! -> [url="http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen/blob/froyo/CHANGELOG.mkdn"]official CyanogenMod changelog [/url] [u]These ROMs do not automatically WIPE apps but they [b]do WIPE your PERSONAL DATA[/b]. If you encounter problems please wipe data/cache and reflash the ROM. [b]Nandroid backup to be sure![/b][/u] Suggestions are welcome to improve the usability of this ROM! Please feedback! And please say thank you to phhusson and koudelka! Who both deserve some beer.;) Enjoy
Edited by xian1243, 23 November 2010 - 07:38 PM.