Photo

1/Sep 6.0.0 Release / Nightly - CyanogenMod members only and FREE Online Kitchens

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

bcjenkins

bcjenkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I registered and paid for a year to try this out. Thanks for doing this. What would be helpful to me if you could link the install options to something that describes what it is. I hope that makes sense!

Thanks!

B

ChrisSpera

ChrisSpera

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One
  • Twitter:@chrisspera
Paul,

It might be a good idea to include a way to package the radio in a separate signed zip so that we can flash it by itself (without the OS...) for those that perhaps already have the ROM from another site, OR for troubleshooting purposes.

Is that possible??

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera
-------
JAMM Team Member
iTechGear - Owner

Just Another Mobile Monday
http://www.justanothermobilemonday.com
http://itechgear.org

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,350 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Ah yes, must update that! :D

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

ChrisSpera

ChrisSpera

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:@chrisspera

Ah yes, must update that! :D

P

thanks, getting the radio in a separate signed zip, flashable via recovery, is going to be a lot easier for those of us who are having trouble with the Member Kitchens including the radio, and who aren't FastBoot/terminal savvy.

thanks!

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera
-------
JAMM Team Member
iTechGear - Owner

Just Another Mobile Monday
http://www.justanothermobilemonday.com
http://itechgear.org

benj.vd

benj.vd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Desire
What's a radio image and when may I need to apply one?
Might sound silly, but Google has not been my friend finding an answer...

Thx

iconoclastic

iconoclastic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:galaxy nexus prime, nexus one

What's a radio image and when may I need to apply one?
Might sound silly, but Google has not been my friend finding an answer...

Thx

In a very broad hand-waving sense, you can think of it as the device driver/firmware for the cell phone hardware part of your phone. Often things like wifi and bluetooth are bundled in the same hardware chips, so the radio image has it's tentacles deeper into your software than just making phone calls. When to update? when the you one you currently have installed is older than the one required by the rom you're installing. (hint: go into settings and look under "about phone" and then at the "baseband version")

Edited by iconoclastic, 13 August 2010 - 06:42 PM.

mysticxknight

mysticxknight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Delete

Edited by mysticxknight, 15 August 2010 - 02:25 AM.

pwvandeursen

pwvandeursen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:nexus one
  • Twitter:@none
just upgraded to a full account in order to be able to use the kitchen to its fullest. Great work! just waiting for RC3. :D

chetcheng

chetcheng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
cyanogen rc3 is out
http://forum.cyanoge...perimental-mod/
:D

Welcome to an experiment... members only AND FREE online kitchens for CyanogenMod 6.0.0 Nightly and RC2 builds.

Update: The auto-updating nightly kitchens are now online!

About the MoDaCo Online Kitchen infrastructure

Regular readers will know we've been running an online kitchen for a while, providing ROM building services to AdFree and Plus members. The reason the kitchens have only been available to members is simple - load. The infrastructure required to support kitchens for a large number of users and devices just isn't economically viable.

At the time of writing, the MoDaCo infrastructure consists of four dedicated servers (all running quad core processors with large disks and a large amount of memory). These servers run custom load balancing software designed to ensure that all of the servers are utilised as optimally as possible to provide the best possible build experience.

The experiment

I have set up two free kitchens below to use one of these servers, leaving the other 3 servers load balancing for Ad Free and Plus members. Now, there's a possibility that the free kitchen could become overloaded and collapse in a big heap, but to a certain extent that is the point of this exercise. To get a gauge on the impact of making an online kitchen more widely available. This is a very limited test and won't be extended to all kitchen ROMs.

The kitchen provides both the current unstable 'nightly' build (with update checks hourly) and the more stable RC2 build.

Is there a difference between the members only and free kitchens?

The biggest difference of course is the allocation of servers in the farm, which equates to speed and availability. The other difference is that the member kitchen can create signed builds, whereas the free kitchen cannot.

Awesome! How do I support future kitchen developments?

Simples... just sign up for an Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account (which also gets you access to the main kitchens of course!)

Do we post feedback on the CM 6 RC2 ROM here?

Only feedback on any issues relating to the kitchen... feedback on the ROM itself should be posted at the CyanogenMod forum.

Anything else?

The members only kitchens are in post 2, the free kitchens are in post 3. Enjoy! :D

P

chetcheng

chetcheng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok I have been playing with it for a while this morning but when I goto the photo gallery my pic not showing up

cyanogen rc3 is out
http://forum.cyanoge...perimental-mod/

cezent

cezent

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Devices:Oppo Find 5, HTC ONE
  • Twitter:@kingcedz

Ok I have been playing with it for a while this morning but when I goto the photo gallery my pic not showing up

dont think that's modaco kitchen related. u should post the problem to cyanogen's forum.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,350 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Will update to RC3 in a bit.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

B.O.F.H.

B.O.F.H.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:SGH-T989; Nexus 10
Is that a bit or a byte (8 bits)?

spelvero

spelvero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:SamsungOMNIA i900
Hi Paul... I cooked a (nightly) rom with your "premium" kitchen... but I've got a question: if I try to look for an upgraded version of the rom (through the "Rom update utility") it say that there are no updated version of it.
This happens every night I try.

So... what I have to do to upgrade my nightly "cooked" (clean by all unused stuff ecc...) cyanogen rom? I don't want to upgrade to the stock nightly one, this way the online cooking became useful!

Thanks in advance and... sorry for my bad english, I'm from Italy.

Edited by spelvero, 18 August 2010 - 01:06 AM.

PTzero

PTzero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Paul, would it be possible to add an option for the stock launcher instead of ADW.Launcher?

eddiemc

eddiemc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:N1 cm6-nightly
@ Paul:
Is it possible to add a script to the kitchen that modifies the kernel?

If so, please please please and pretty please add an option to remove the audioboost from the included kernel.... I know I'm not the only one in dire need of this, and it would save me having to flash other kernels to loose the audioboost from the CM roms.

Also it would enable me to keep/experience any cm kernel modifications on a daily basis in stead of having to rely on 3rd parties like wildmonk to include the changes in his noAB versions...

regards
-e

pwvandeursen

pwvandeursen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:@none

Paul, would it be possible to add an option for the stock launcher instead of ADW.Launcher?

Maybe add an option to choose for launcher pro, although that might bring in too many variable. At least the option of not having to use ADW would be great

B.O.F.H.

B.O.F.H.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Not sure if anyone else has seen this issue but I find that:

1 - The nightly kitchen build reports as "08172010-NIGHTLY" on the phone
2 - The nightly kitchen build includes the Japanese IME as the default, which causes a few issues such as PinYin FC'ing and the wrong Android /HTC keyboards.

I suspect that the Japanese IME is a problem with the Nightly from Aug 17, but without a true nightly update or the RC3 update I can't say for certain.

B.O.F.H.

B.O.F.H.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hmmm - halfway to a byte...

RC3 update in the Kitchen this weekend maybe?

Cyberdelia

Cyberdelia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:iPAQ hx2400

Hmmm - halfway to a byte...

RC3 update in the Kitchen this weekend maybe?

I have the RC3 since last week....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users