Searchify

Guest PaulOBrien

searchify1.pngsearchify2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

Searchify

What they say

Searchify lets you perform translation, calculation, unit conversion, wikipedia search, calendar entry, calendar search and more just by typing into the quick search box or search widget

What we say

Cool app! Rather than installing seperate apps to search / convert etc., you can do it all via searchify. Unobtrusive yet effective, this could easily be a feature worthy of integration in the OS imho.

Permissions

ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE / INTERNET / READ_CALENDAR / WRITE_CALENDAR

Download

View at AppBrain

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

searchify.qrcode.png

Price

FREE

Market star rating at time of writing

4.46 (246 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

I don't know of any other similar apps that integrate with the search box.

Suggested improvements for the next version

It would also be cool to have a dedicated 'searchify widget' where searchify results can be prioritised.

Have your say

Fan of Searchify? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :D

Guest bobchadwick

I did love Searchify...until Froyo hit. Before Froyo, the Searchify results appeared at the top of the list. Post-Froyo, they always appear at the bottom, which makes it kind of annoying to use. I still like it, but I don't love it.

Guest olilan

Hi, I'm the developer of Searchify. Thanks for featuring the app!

About the widget point, with Froyo you can create a Searchify widget that will search for only Searchify results.

To do this, add the Google Search widget to your homescreen. In the menu that pops up when you add the widget, select Searchify.

Guest olilan
I did love Searchify...until Froyo hit. Before Froyo, the Searchify results appeared at the top of the list. Post-Froyo, they always appear at the bottom, which makes it kind of annoying to use. I still like it, but I don't love it.

Yes, unfortunately in Froyo Google decided to start prioritising their own results in search above other apps. One thing you can do though is to click the g icon next to the search box, and then tap the Searchify icon. This'll give you only Searchify results. Or you can use a Searchify widget as described above.

Hope that helps!