Dell Streak 2.1 update (21 devices) - Download here!

Guest rza.android

Guest ukfatboy
Try following the steps "HOW TO RESTORE YOUR STREAK BACK TO FACTORY CONDITION:" listed here:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/312...tedly/page/20/#

I performed this right before I successfully updated, so *perhaps* there's something slightly different about the "stock" files provided in the post.

When done, reset to factory settings and try the update again. Fingers crossed!

before I give this a go , if it works ? am I going to end up with a 2.1 O2 locked streak ? Im on Orange ?

Ie has anybody got 2.1 running on ANY network other than 02 ?

Guest vinokirk
I cannot now sync my facebook contacts with my phonebook... I assume I used the dell facebook app to sync previously, and this seems absent in the new build. Using the built in facebook, fully updated (which works for facebook as expected) if I go to accounts to add it for sync, when I press facebook it just chucks me back to the accounts screen... anyone else confirm/advise?

I cannot sync my contacts with the Dell PC Suite.

The Dell PC Suite wont recognise the phone at all!

Guest paruccone
before I give this a go , if it works ? am I going to end up with a 2.1 O2 locked streak ? Im on Orange ?

I've bought my Dell Streak unlocked and using it with virgin mobile France. as far as I know there doesn't exist a locked version of the streak in France as the only exclusive and official supplier by now is "the phone house". Streak in France is not (yet) available via operators.

ciao,

Alessandro

Guest BigPrince
Does this only work with the O2 streaks, I have unlocked UK streak direct from Dell and when I try running Update file it comes up half way through with FOTA mismatch error ??

any help much appreciated :D :D

I have a US Beta streak and I got the same thing.

Guest raidet

No, it won't lock it. Mine is unlocked too (Vodafone) and I'm running with no problems. Except the PC suite problem - as other posts mention, the phone won't be recognised by the syncing software after updating.

Guest popetodd

To everyone trying to update your not UK phones: this update is for 21 and that means UK only.

Wait for 31 or 00 depending on your phones revision.

Now to my problem, I am forced into Clockwork recovery trying to install this.

I'd love to redo to factory but only have a Linux box available.

Suggestions?

Guest mariantiani
To everyone trying to update your not UK phones: this update is for 21 and that means UK only.

Suggestions?

I'm on unlocked dell uk one, this means that I can upgrade?

I think mine is a 00 one, factory unlocked from dell uk.

can someone be so kind to upload a zipped file of the update? Cause the streak say i cant dowload the .pkg one and i'm unable to reach a nearby computer to try the update via pc download.

TIA

Guest courtlandre

Suggestions?

Is there some reason you cant flash the stock image on linux? Follow the instructions to flash the clockwork image, except instead use the stock one. You could also try to update using Update.pkg.

Guest worley

I have a UK O2 Dell Streak (....21) got it the day the iPhone 4 was announced :D , hasn't been rooted or updated.

Here's what I've done:

• I downloaded the pkg
  • renamed it to Upgrade.pkg
  • put it on the SD card's root
  • powered off
  • powered on with volume buttons both held down
  • selected option 2 to upgrade from Upgrade.pkg on the sd card
  • pressed the camera shutter button to confirm I want to continue
  • the progress bar came up and went through
  • It rebooted itself
  • got the Dell logo

And now it's been sitting here on the Dell logo for the last 30 minutes, is that normal? Should I re-download, power off and start again?

Thanks.

Guest popetodd
I'm on unlocked dell uk one, this means that I can upgrade?

I think mine is a 00 one, factory unlocked from dell uk.

can someone be so kind to upload a zipped file of the update? Cause the streak say i cant dowload the .pkg one and i'm unable to reach a nearby computer to try the update via pc download.

TIA

No this is for 21 devices like the title says.

Guest popetodd
Is there some reason you cant flash the stock image on linux? Follow the instructions to flash the clockwork image, except instead use the stock one. You could also try to update using Update.pkg.

I'll try that.

Update.pkg just takes me to clockwork and fails right now, have to lose clockwork to do the update.

Edited by popetodd

Guest payneardo

help, tried the install from the OTA and now just got the dell logo and it wont boot :D

and just tried the following method as well, with the same results, mine is also unrooted etc..

I have a UK O2 Dell Streak (....21) got it the day the iPhone 4 was announced :D , hasn't been rooted or updated.

Here's what I've done:

• I downloaded the pkg
  • powered off
  • It rebooted itself
  • got the Dell logo

And now it's been sitting here on the Dell logo for the last 30 minutes, is that normal? Should I re-download, power off and start again?

Thanks.

Edited by payneardo

Guest worley
help, tried the install from the OTA and now just got the dell logo and it wont boot :D

and just tried the following method as well, with the same results, mine is also unrooted etc..

Well at least it's not just mine stuck at the Dell logo, it's been there for at least 45 min now, I think it may be time to give up and presume that it had finished the restore when the progress bar reached the end and that it's just stuck booting.

If it makes any difference I used a download manager with 12 threads to get 500+kbytes/sec as I was impatient, so downloading it again with one stream and going to compare the two files with md5 hashes.

Time to reboot and re-download then?

Guest worley

Can anyone who has managed to get the update to work post an md5 sum of the pkg file they have? Just about to finish downloading the file again in a few minutes and will post what I have here.

Guest payneardo
Well at least it's not just mine stuck at the Dell logo, it's been there for at least 45 min now, I think it may be time to give up and presume that it had finished the restore when the progress bar reached the end and that it's just stuck booting.

If it makes any difference I used a download manager with 12 threads to get 500+kbytes/sec as I was impatient, so downloading it again with one stream and going to compare the two files with md5 hashes.

Time to reboot and re-download then?

Is your reconised by windows as mine is not reconised by windows now :D, win 7 64 bit as wondered if a fastboot might work ???

Guest alfri68

Suggestions?

Where i can see if my phone is 00,21,31?

Guest Asphytxtc
Can anyone who has managed to get the update to work post an md5 sum of the pkg file they have? Just about to finish downloading the file again in a few minutes and will post what I have here.

I downloaded mine from the mediafire link some way back in the thread (page 2 I think)..

asphy@stealth:~/Downloads$ md5sum update-6941-21.pkg 

69632bb5b1c8e5bc4ffc2333f2a38998  update-6941-21.pkg

No issues here on a 21 handset from o2

Guest Asphytxtc
Where i can see if my phone is 00,21,31?

Settings -> About Phone -> Last two didgits of OEM version.. o2 uk streaks should be 21, unlocked direct from dell streaks are 00 I think.. not sure about the 31 version.

Guest courtlandre

Here's what I've done:

• I downloaded the pkg
  • powered off
  • It rebooted itself
  • got the Dell logo

Thanks.

Just download it from your browser and it should ask you to install an update. If you havent done any updates it should work just great.

Guest alfri68
Settings -> About Phone -> Last two didgits of OEM version.. o2 uk streaks should be 21, unlocked direct from dell streaks are 00 I think.. not sure about the 31 version.

I am 00 version.i must wait for my version?

Guest Asphytxtc
I am 00 version.i must wait for my version?

I believe so yes, you'll receive and error if you try to run this update and nothing will be patched.

I'm sure it wont be a long wait though, or at least hopefully!

Edited by Asphytxtc

Guest worley
I downloaded mine from the mediafire link some way back in the thread (page 2 I think)..

asphy@stealth:~/Downloads$ md5sum update-6941-21.pkg 

69632bb5b1c8e5bc4ffc2333f2a38998  update-6941-21.pkg

No issues here on a 21 handset from o2

Thanks for that.

69632bb5b1c8e5bc4ffc2333f2a38998 update-6941-21.pkg

same as my md5 but it failed by putting it on as Upgrade.pkg on the root of the SD :D