Bricked Streak after update to 2.1 and rooting

Guest marciu

Guest marciu

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone could help. After updating to 2.1 and rooting my streak wont boot, it stops at dell logo. I tried to restore it to factory condition but it still doesn't work, when I want to update it nothing happens only black screen.. any ideas?

Guest timbomfg

Okay, now im paranoid about rebooting mine. Has been working fine on 2.1 since i rooted it...

Edit: Nope mine rebooted fine. Perhaps a bad copy of the 2.1 image? What root tool did you use? I used Universal Androot

Edited by timbomfg

Guest marciu
Okay, now im paranoid about rebooting mine. Has been working fine on 2.1 since i rooted it...

Edit: Nope mine rebooted fine. Perhaps a bad copy of the 2.1 image? What root tool did you use? I used Universal Androot

r2-4399-streak-superboot I know its for 4399 ... but now I cant boot or update to any version of android .. any ideas?

Guest courtlandre
r2-4399-streak-superboot I know its for 4399 ... but now I cant boot or update to any version of android .. any ideas?

The root is for 4399... not the new 2.1 update. Probably need to reload the rom.

Guest marciu
The root is for 4399... not the new 2.1 update. Probably need to reload the rom.

I tried to reload the ROM but it doesn't do anything I can see only black screen

ok managed to fix it... by flashing boot with 6941_boot.img

Edited by marciu

Guest batman_man
I tried to reload the ROM but it doesn't do anything I can see only black screen

I have the exact same problem! my phone stops at the Dell logo..could u please explain how you fixed it?

thanks

Guest batman_man

I have the exact same problem! my phone stops at the Dell logo..could u please explain how you fixed it?

thanks

Guest popetodd
Now root with the universal root for N1, you can find it by looking over threads here.

That's what I keep hearing but a search turns up nothing, got a link?

(I HATE this new keyboard!)

Guest Niner86
That's what I keep hearing but a search turns up nothing, got a link?

(I HATE this new keyboard!)

Funny you say that im not too keen on it either! After getting used to the num pad and the alt icons available so quickly i kind of miss it now, even got used to having to reach my thumb further over. Im sure ill get used to it again though!

Guest marciu

Totally messed up my phone, I can boot to android 2.1 but wifi and network doesn't work, is there a way to downgrade back to 1.6? when I put Update.pkg to the memory card it wont flash it. is there a different way of flashing rom ?

Guest Uberfish
Totally messed up my phone, I can boot to android 2.1 but wifi and network doesn't work, is there a way to downgrade back to 1.6? when I put Update.pkg to the memory card it wont flash it. is there a different way of flashing rom ?

Same here, I get to booting in recovery mode, select 2 and then the screen blanks and nothing happens. After removing and replacing the battery it won't go past the dell logo.

Guest marciu
Same here, I get to booting in recovery mode, select 2 and then the screen blanks and nothing happens. After removing and replacing the battery it won't go past the dell logo.

Try to do what it says in this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=753699 and let me know if that made any difference. It let me boot but there is no network and wifi

Guest Uberfish
Try to do what it says in this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=753699 and let me know if that made any difference. It let me boot but there is no network and wifi

Well that got me 2.1 on there booting, but with no working radios. (No network, wifi, bluetooth or GPS). Trying to get it back to 1.6 now.

Can't get back to 1.6... whenever I put the Update.pkg on the SDcard and use recovery mode, the screen just goes black and nothing happens. Anyone able to help? am I using the wrong bootloader? Sigh.

Edited by Uberfish

Guest marciu
Well that got me 2.1 on there booting, but with no working radios. (No network, wifi, bluetooth or GPS). Trying to get it back to 1.6 now.

Can't get back to 1.6... whenever I put the Update.pkg on the SDcard and use recovery mode, the screen just goes black and nothing happens. Anyone able to help? am I using the wrong bootloader? Sigh.

I am stuck with the same.. please let me know if you find any solution for it... hope there is somebody who can help :/ I wonder if this is covered with the warranty

Guest Uberfish
I am stuck with the same.. please let me know if you find any solution for it... hope there is somebody who can help :/ I wonder if this is covered with the warranty

I think we need a 1.6 .img that I can flash directly with fastboot... does anyone know if this exists for stock? I tried searching the forums without much luck.

Guest marciu
I think we need a 1.6 .img that I can flash directly with fastboot... does anyone know if this exists for stock? I tried searching the forums without much luck.

did you find any solution yet? :/

Guest Uberfish
did you find any solution yet? :/

No... everyone is quiet. Clearly no one has a clue :D I guess we're going to have to send the device for repair. :D

Guest marciu
No... everyone is quiet. Clearly no one has a clue :D I guess we're going to have to send the device for repair. :D

I wonder how much that will cost :/ postage+ repair

Guest marciu
I'm going to try calling O2 first, then Dell since mine is an O2 locked phone... however since I got it on ebay this should be interesting.

I am just waiting in the Q for an online chat with the expert, let me know what did O2 say.

why the hell would o2 or dell have anything to do with you over This?

All you will do is get modaco into trouble!

Yes there's ways of getting back to 1.6...

I reckon.

install custom clockwork recovery.

Install Paul's rooted 4399 stock img (as its a zip) using the recovery

Tbh I would then reinstall the stock recovery. And reflash 2.1 as it is much better and flashing Paul's img may not change the radio firmware ...

otherwise restore stock recovery and update to the stock 1.6 update pkg that you can download from dell update link...

But this messed up because of your stupidity and lack of patience. Not dell. Not o2

Don't expect them to help you without it costing you....

so be aware that people don't live on internet forums. It can take a while to get someone to help you...

its this kind of thread that really is putting me off cooking for the streak when we get the source...

Guest Uberfish
why the hell would o2 or dell have anything to do with you over This?

All you will do is get modaco into trouble!

Yes there's ways of getting back to 1.6...

I reckon.

install custom clockwork recovery.

Install Paul's rooted 4399 stock img (as its a zip) using the recovery

Tbh I would then reinstall the stock recovery. And reflash 2.1 as it is much better and flashing Paul's img may not change the radio firmware ...

otherwise restore stock recovery and update to the stock 1.6 update pkg that you can download from dell update link...

But this messed up because of your stupidity and lack of patience. Not dell. Not o2

Don't expect them to help you without it costing you....

so be aware that people don't live on internet forums. It can take a while to get someone to help you...

its this kind of thread that really is putting me off cooking for the streak when we get the source...

I'm going to try reply to this without being emotional because you fail to understand the issue or have read the posts correctly. Just to explain it again so everyone is on the same page here:

Neither the stock or clockwork recovery work. When I, and a lot of other people who have attempted to use it, when you select "2. Update using Update.pkg on the SD card". The screen goes black and nothing happens. I've tried using dell's latest pkg, I've tried using the rooted pkg, I've tried using the old version, I've even tied flashing the 2.1 pkg and that won't work now either.

From what I can tell the 2.1 update has changed something in the streak that makes the stock and clockwork updaters posted here not work.

As for what O2 and dell can do, well as my streak is under warranty and at no point does it say attempting to apply an update will invalidate that, they will have to send me a replacement handset if it's not repairable.

Please, before being emotional next time, attempt to understand the situation. The only lack of patience I have had was not waiting for the official update release. And as far as I can tell, stupidity has nothing to do with it because I've only followed tried and tested methods that do not appear to work.

Edited by Uberfish