RebelSim News - A good day for the streak.

Guest stuliv12

Guest stuliv12

I have been performing testing with Rebel with a new card firmware for the rebelsim on the streak. So far so good, updated the rebelsim with the firmware, put them in, and ive been on 3G/H for a few hours now, and no problems. I didnt have to update network keys manually. Im going to use this for the next few days and see if it stays connected etc.

The APN's were populated automatically which is a good sign.

Ill keep you updated, and fingers crossed this works.

Please try not to destroy this thread with negative comments, ive been trying to get this working for all of us. It seems this firmware was created on the 11th of this month. I cant distribute anything, but i believe you will all have access to the firmware from their website if you have already bought a rebelsim, you will just neet a sim usb token to install it with.

Guest gadjet110

Does it loose the network after switching of your streak for the night? that's what happens to my 2 week old rebelsim.

Wake up no service message, the only way to get it going is put my sim in another unlocked phone, register it on the network, then put it in with the reblesim..:D

Guest stuliv12

ive been working with rebel, they sent me the new firmware, with a sim reader, i place the rebel sim in, run their software, update the firmware on the rebelsim, and since ive been testing.

ive been using t-mobile. . .

i turn my phone on and off and t-mobile pops up staright away with data.

Edited by stuliv12

Guest fyreheart

Another request here to post the file up. At the moment I've got a dell streak and a rebelsim which are both kinda useless so if this works it would make my day!

Guest fyreheart
@ vinokirk & fyreheart - can't you read? He's already said he's not allowed to distribute anything.

He also says those who have already bought a rebelsim will have access via the website, indicating that the file should be in the public domain. Having paid good money for a rebelsim which doesn't work correctly and now having to wait on new firmware to be released I see no problem with making a request for the file to be made available. If for no other reason than the OP can provide that feedback to whoever he has been working with in the rebelsim organisation.

Guest vinokirk
@ vinokirk & fyreheart - can't you read? He's already said he's not allowed to distribute anything.

I honestly did not see this,i appologise. OP do u know when they will be releasing it? Could you convey to your employer that we are desperate and need this fix to be freely available to us all.

No doubt it will cost us around £15 minimum due to the fact we will need to buy a rebel sim programer.i have tried a generic sim card readerbut it didn't work x

Guest dude1966

I hope with the new firmware real roaming arrives without the simshuffle. Going abroad I would like to see seamless reconnect to the network from the rebelsim.

Guest PaulVlagsma

After stuliv12's unfortunate upgrade, I obtained the new rebel sim streak beta to test.

I have an ACS programmer so I could download the firmware ok.

My Streak is already on 2.1.

These are the results:

1. Virgin Mobile SIM - O2 locked Streak

i. Virgin Mobile uses Optus in Australia.

ii. All Virgin APN's are immediately visible after boot! (505-02)

iii. There is no R in the Signal Strength icon

iv. The Data roaming setting does not need to be 'on'.

v. Signal shows 3G or H in GSM/WCDMA mode (depending on signal strength)

vi. Browser, Twitter, Gmail etc. work fine.

vii. Market work fine.

viIi. Market now shows paid apps (did not with old rebelsim).

ix. Switches correctly between WiFi and 3G (i.e. WiFi wins when in range).

x. Survives switching to Airplane mode , and back! (did not before)

xi. Make phone calls fine.

xii Receives phone calls fine - no need for Google talk.

xiii. Send and receives SMS messages.

Same with Telstra SIM, although no 3G,

because Telstra uses UMTS 850/2100, and O2 Streak is UMTS 900/2100

I'll be testing further tomorrow.

Sydney, Australia

Guest dude1966

Maybe, as an test, you can select another operator (not Virgin/Optus), after the failed connection try to select Virgin/Optus. With the FW 1.1 it doesn't allow an connection anymore...if it does connect I am very hopefull!

Guest rebelsimcard

Thanks for all users for sending us feedback for the Dell Streak

The new firmware is working very well for now and with full 3G from our tests.

The Best test to do fot your network sim from your provider is this

do a network scan and search for all networks and select one from another provider

eg if you using a Vodafone simcard in a Locked dell streak on the 02 network

after a network search you should see all the network in the uk in the list

now select another network from the list.

in this example you want to select another network thats not vodafone

soon as you do this the phone will say access denied as your not allowed to use that network

what this does is it destroys the authentication keys in the network sim.

Now do a network search again and this time select the network you network simcard is from eg this time select vodafone as in this example

please post your results and share if you can regain the network even if its lost without taking out the network sim

also if it does not work for you by selecting the network then try to reboot the Dell streak

i think you will find the rebel sim II with the new firmware v1.2 has the ability to regain network within the phone now so you never need to take out the network sim.

You help and feedback is appreciated

thanks

Rebel simcard

Guest gadjet110

As i just got my rebelsim II in the last 3 weeks (version 1.1) can i send it back for the new firmware to be programmed on it?.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by gadjet110

Guest PaulVlagsma

Re: altering Network Provider.

RebelSIM re-establishes the connection to the provider successfully.

Using Virgin Mobile SIM (3G)

---------------------------------

select Telstra - search - 'Your SIM card does not ...'

select Optus - 'Registered on network'

Using Telstra-SIM (no 3G)

------------------------------

select Optus - search - 'Your SIM card does not ...'

select Telstra - search - 'Your SIM card does not ...' but then immediately finds & displays Telstra

select Telstra - 'Registered on network'

(This is precisely the same behaviour as on my NOT locked Dell UK Streak)

So this behaviour is identical to not locked for my Streaks.

Taking the Streak for a run today.

Guest stuliv12

Thanks dude.

REBELSIM: can i post the updated firmware here for people to use? The only people who can use it are the ones with rebelsims already? Others would still have to purchse the rebelsim with the new firmware if they dont have one? Or even a sim reader from you?

Just a suggestion.

I'm personally interested in if the firmware will an interesting issue I have.

100% of the time, when I come within 100-200m of my local ambulance depot at night I will instantly lose data connection and have to move my sim between devices to rectify it. Only ever at night.

Guest dude1966

@Kwaaq, do you have in Network settings: Network operators> select a network operator. Manual ? If you set it up like that, I think the phone shouldn't wipe your network keys. You still lose connection due to the ambulance network (=system2000 which is known to interfere on anything with aerials), but at least you don't have to simshuffle.