Dell PC Suite on 2.1

Guest GriZlore

Guest GriZlore

Hi All,

Firstly 2.1 baby ! :D

Right... has anyone had problems connect/syncing using Dell PC Suite since upgrading to 2.1?

I see the USB sync options have changed and I can't get my 2.1 Streak to connect.

I can get access to the SD card, however Dell PC suite doesnt wanna know, any ideas fellow 2.1 Streakers?

When I select "mount" shortly after plays the notification sound and displays "turn off USB storage"

Anyone have this problem?

Anyone know what is going on and/how to fix it?

Thanks

Guest GriZlore
is there a PC sync account showing in accounts and sync?

yes. everything seems as it should be

although saying that... you know how it is.. you turn them off, try again... change it, try again, then put it back to where it was and still stummed :D

i think i have tried everything.

just wondering if anyone has had the problem and fixed it or if anyone sync's ok with Outlook via Dell Suite

Guest vinokirk

If you've got your contacts in outlook, export them to a .csv file. Then go to gmail>contacts>import and select the csv file you saved. Now sync your streak with your gmail account. It should sync automatically tho

Guest pjg_pigeon

Me too. No recognition of my streak from pc suite following update to 2.1. But then i had same issue prior to updating to 2.1 when backing up.

Guest dude1966

Couldn't sync via Dell pc suite either. Another way of getting your contacts on the streak (provided you got them in outlook) is to: open your outlook addressbook, select all your contacts, drag em to an folder (they become Vcards) then copy the folder to the streak's sd card, open on the streak contacts, select via menu import from sd card and an popup shows the progress.

Guest kibcom

I am running Windows 7 Home 64 bit.

The big downside for me at the moment is that DELL PC Suite does not work with 2.1.

I need to sync with my Outlook Contacts (over 1000) and Calendar on a very regular basis for my day to day business.

I've also found there is no longer an option to mark email folders as already 'read' under 2.1.

Guest dairymasta

Mine works fine with 2.1 on pc suite...

I was worried about losing all my contacts with 2.1, but after I updated and logged into Gmail, my whole phonebook was there. Must've synced my phonebook to Gmail without even realising it.

Was very relieved, great feature!

Guest kibcom
So you can confirm that you can connect you Streak up too you PC and open the Dell PC Suite and it clearly says 'Connected'?

No chance! He's not syncing to Outlook is he?

Guest Eric.Druse
Mine works fine with 2.1 on pc suite...

I was worried about losing all my contacts with 2.1, but after I updated and logged into Gmail, my whole phonebook was there. Must've synced my phonebook to Gmail without even realising it.

Was very relieved, great feature!

Don't be so happy too early, haha, think of this, once google was hacked, your contacts will be leak......or, missing......

I don't use pc suite (I'm on a linux box 99% of the time)

but you could try changing this..

/data/system/sync/accounts.xml

there's two PC sync lines there set at "syncable"=false..

maybe try setting them to "true" ??

<authority id="0" account="PC Sync" type="localhost" authority="teleca.provider.pcsync" syncable="false" />

<authority id="1" account="PC Sync" type="localhost" authority="com.android.contacts" enabled="false" syncable="false" />

I guess for those lacking facebook sync, could add it into that file as well?

Edited by fards

Guest vinokirk

<authority id="0" account="PC Sync" type="localhost" authority="teleca.provider.pcsync" syncable="false" />

<authority id="1" account="PC Sync" type="localhost" authority="com.android.contacts" enabled="false" syncable="false" />
On mine when I looked at it, it was exactly like yours:

I changed it too:
<authority id="0" account="PC Sync" type="localhost" authority="teleca.provider.pcsync" syncable="true" />

<authority id="1" account="PC Sync" type="localhost" authority="com.android.contacts" enabled="false" syncable="true" />
Bu after a restart it now reads as:

<authority id="1" account="PC Sync" type="localhost" authority="com.android.contacts" />

I keep pasting the modified one(the second one in the list above) in there, but after restart it goes to the third one in the list above.

I have mounted as r/w then copied n pasted my modified file in and set permissions to rw--------

Are there some steps i am missing?

I am a complete Linux/Droid n00b, much to the amusement of my brother in law im sure :D

Edited by vinokirk

On mine when I looked at it, it was exactly like yours:

I changed it too:
<authority id="0" account="PC Sync" type="localhost" authority="teleca.provider.pcsync" syncable="true" />

<authority id="1" account="PC Sync" type="localhost" authority="com.android.contacts" enabled="false" syncable="true" />
Bu after a restart it now reads as:

<authority id="1" account="PC Sync" type="localhost" authority="com.android.contacts" />

I keep pasting the modified one(the second one in the list above) in there, but after restart it goes to the third one in the list above.

I have mounted as r/w then copied n pasted my modified file in and set permissions to rw--------

Are there some steps i am missing?

I am a complete Linux/Droid n00b, much to the amusement of my brother in law im sure :D

must be overwritten by another file then from somewhere..

there's another file in /firstboot/system/sync/

Edited by fards

Guest vinokirk
must be overwritten by another file then from somewhere..

there's another file in /firstboot/system/sync/

That one already has everything enabled anyway, so i doubt it would be coping it from there

What about data/system/registered_services/android.accounts.AccountAuthentcatior.xml?:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?>

<services>

<service uid="10071" type="com.android.exchange" />

<service uid="10004" type="com.facebook.auth.login" />

<service uid="10003" type="com.twitter.android.auth.login" />

<service uid="10033" type="localhost" />

<service uid="10031" type="com.nitrodesk.account" />

<service uid="10000" type="com.google" />

</services>

>
Maybe we should add:
<service uid="100xx" type="teleca.provider.pcsync" />

But what is the uid?

Edited by vinokirk

Guest jnovello

I changed them both to true, saved, and rebooted. No change..... thanks for the effort.