Incall recording

Guest kai_

I'm thinking of purchasing a new phone. The only thing I really need to have is the ability to record telephone calls - purely for personal use (e.g. when discussing specs with clients, etc.). Does any handset currently support this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm thinking of purchasing a new phone. The only thing I really need to have is the ability to record telephone calls - purely for personal use (e.g. when discussing specs with clients, etc.). Does any handset currently support this?

I have a desire now and is recording only from microfone, so only you speaking, the other side is recorded almost inaudible

I had a htc hd (wm6) and with a trick it was able to perfectly record both sides of conversation

It seems to be a hardware problem in many phones avoiding full recording. But for some is only a software problem and can be changed, like the HD

You could search for call recording apps and check phones compatibility. Its easier for WM than for android

Let us know if you find something. The reasons why this is not easily available is not technical, but legal. It is, at least in many countries, illegal to record a phone call. You must tell, i.e. ask permission to do that from the "other side" you'd record.