Full screen wallpaper without zooming/crop on 2.1/2.2??

Guest EZ44

Guest OrionBG

Using 'Wallpaper Set & Save' I saved the original Wallpaper of 2.2 (the Blue lines) its resolution is 960x800!!!

I made myself one with that resolution and it look OK ( I mean it is NOT Zoomed!) but You will see only 800x480 of it in landscape and 480x800 n portrait mode! Which I think is normal!

When u use a pre installed wallpaper it just sets and away u go. So is there a folder somewhere to put ur own wallpaper as if its a 'system' wallpaper? Maybe steve could let us know because the froyo he's made comes with the blue strippy one?

I found the default wallpaper for Stephen Hyde's 2.2 rom. It located in '/system/framework' inside the framework-res.apk. If you copy it to your computer and change .apk to .zip (and unzip it) you will find it inside the '/res/drawable' folder. It's a 960x800 file called default_wallpaper.jpg.

Guest OrionBG
I found the default wallpaper for Stephen Hyde's 2.2 rom. It located in '/system/framework' inside the framework-res.apk. If you copy it to your computer and change .apk to .zip (and unzip it) you will find it inside the '/res/drawable' folder. It's a 960x800 file called default_wallpaper.jpg.

:P

I was faster!

Guest payneardo

has anybody any ideas for live wallpapers as I was hoping to create my own live wallpaper and tried to use ownskin to do so but the "zoom" makes it not very good and am I one of the few that loves the landscape of the streak ??

Cheers Muchly :D :P

Payneardo

Edited by payneardo

Guest mancterrier
Here are some Winter themed wallpapers I've edited to suit the Streak!

Link! :P

Cheers for the explanation even though it seems a little daft way of implementing it! This has been bugging me for ages. Also cheers for the wallpapers..

Guest Alkiera

Not to toot my own horn(much) but I have a Live Wallpaper app posted over at StreakSmart Forums that lets you set up 800x480 (landscape) or 480x800 (portrait) images for each home screen, very similar to the way Dell's 1.6 UI looked.

There are a few caveats, it's still in pre-1.0 state, but it does work on Froyo, and should on 2.1 as well.

Not to toot my own horn(much) but I have a Live Wallpaper app posted over at StreakSmart Forums that lets you set up 800x480 (landscape) or 480x800 (portrait) images for each home screen, very similar to the way Dell's 1.6 UI looked.

There are a few caveats, it's still in pre-1.0 state, but it does work on Froyo, and should on 2.1 as well.

You are a Godsend and your app is almost perfect. It allows me to put a fullscreen wallpaper in landscape (800x480). If I could only choose a separate wallpaper for portrait mode at 480x800 it would be the app of the year! As it stands, the landscape wallpaper shrinks to fit in, width wise, when rotated to portrait but I can totally live with that.

THANK YOU!

Guest mancterrier

I replied on the streaksmart thread mate. Great app.

Guest Alkiera

Quick update:

New release: WallStreak 0.8

Release Notes:

• Fixed issue where system forgot your wallpaper selections on reboot. Now caches copies on internal memory.
  • Fixed weirdness with too-small images (now has grey backdrop)
  • Cleaned up issues with alignment on first/last screen; ADW.Launcher (and maybe others?) doesn't report the last bit of movement on the ends properly, so I had to fudge it a bit.
  • Implemented fix (A) for landscape/portrait issues... backdrops stay landscape, and continue to scroll in landscape. It's a kinda neat effect, and works nice with contiguous wallpapers like the bridge.

Download same location: StreakSmart Forums