vodafone 845 screen goes black

Guest moh1

Hi,

Installed Mr Edition v1.3.2 rom.

After a while the homescreen goes black, the 'end call' button and home button wont work.

The power button works in that you can reboot the fone, enable flight mode etc.

There is no way to get to home screen.

If you try to restart the fone it hangs at the green android screen and will not boot any further.

Booted into recovery mode, wiped everything and re installed the same rom again.

Once the rom ( ie Mr Edition v1.3.2) is re installed everything works well for a few hours, until the screen goes black again.

When the screen is black the usb works fine, it sees the device and you can transfer files etc.

When the screen is black the notification bar works, signal strength all works, but you have no access to the fone.

tried playing with the screen brightness, display timeout setting from 1 min to 10, to never but the screen still remains black and you cannot use the fone.

Anyone have ideas about what is wrong?

Its a pity coz this Rom is REALLY good.

Guest freddyemmer
Hi,

Installed Mr Edition v1.3.2 rom.

After a while the homescreen goes black, the 'end call' button and home button wont work.

The power button works in that you can reboot the fone, enable flight mode etc.

There is no way to get to home screen.

If you try to restart the fone it hangs at the green android screen and will not boot any further.

Booted into recovery mode, wiped everything and re installed the same rom again.

Once the rom ( ie Mr Edition v1.3.2) is re installed everything works well for a few hours, until the screen goes black again.

When the screen is black the usb works fine, it sees the device and you can transfer files etc.

When the screen is black the notification bar works, signal strength all works, but you have no access to the fone.

tried playing with the screen brightness, display timeout setting from 1 min to 10, to never but the screen still remains black and you cannot use the fone.

Anyone have ideas about what is wrong?

Its a pity coz this Rom is REALLY good.

I haven't had any complains about this. Have you tried doing everthing from the beginning?

wipe data/cache wipe dalvik, wipe sd-ext

are you using some rare applications or something like that?

Maybe it a defect on your phone?

Hi freddy,

I wiped and re installed your rom.

Think i found the problem.

It says unexpected removal of SD card and then freezez up.

Obviously, i have not removed the card but the phone thinks i have.

It then tries to restart but is unable to.

If i want to go back to the vodafone rom do i install that rom or must i use the vodafone recovery rom?

And must i copy it to sd card or connect usb cable and click the batch file.

I tried to install the original vodafone image the same way i installed your rom but it would not load.

It gave some protected apn error and could not force close.

The reason i have to go back to the voda rom is that i want to establish if the problem is hardware or software.

And if it is hardware i need to replace the phone by removing the rooted software otherwise the warranty is void.

Is there a link that shows how to remove amon ra software?

Thanks for your help, will keep on trying to fix phone.

Guest freddyemmer
Hi freddy,

I wiped and re installed your rom.

Think i found the problem.

It says unexpected removal of SD card and then freezez up.

Obviously, i have not removed the card but the phone thinks i have.

It then tries to restart but is unable to.

If i want to go back to the vodafone rom do i install that rom or must i use the vodafone recovery rom?

And must i copy it to sd card or connect usb cable and click the batch file.

I tried to install the original vodafone image the same way i installed your rom but it would not load.

It gave some protected apn error and could not force close.

The reason i have to go back to the voda rom is that i want to establish if the problem is hardware or software.

And if it is hardware i need to replace the phone by removing the rooted software otherwise the warranty is void.

Is there a link that shows how to remove amon ra software?

Thanks for your help, will keep on trying to fix phone.

download the original rom from the huawei site and follow the instrucions that are inside.