ZumoDrive

Guest PaulOBrien

zumodrive1.pngzumodrive2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

ZumoDrive

What they say

SUPERSIZE your phone so you can bring ALL your iTunes music with you everywhere. Bring along your photos, documents and other files too, no matter how much stuff you have.

ZumoDrive makes everything on your PC or Mac available to you on your phone after installing ZumoDrive on your computer. You'll get 2GBs for FREE.

What we say

Another cool online storage service. This one is quite unique in that it doesn't just sync your content locally, it streams it from the cloud as required. 2GB is included for free - you can signup and download the desktop clients here. Refer your friends for an additonal 256MB per signup (up to 5GB).

Permissions

ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE / ACCESS_WIFI_STATE / INTERNET / READ_PHONE_STATE / WAKE_LOCK / WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

Download

View at AppBrain

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

zumodrive.qrcode.png

Price

FREE (additional paid storage plans available)

Market star rating at time of writing

3.91 (370 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

The other heavyweights in this arena include Dropbox and SugarSync.

Suggested improvements for the next version

Auto upload of selected folders on device please! :huh:

Have your say

Fan of ZumoDrive? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! ;)

Guest Shizophren

Very great App. Much more then Dropbox! I like the option zu link folders directly to zumo drive.

But i have a big problem too! Everytime i try to use zumodrive in combination with my explorer e.g. right click on a folder to link it with zumodirve my explorer (windows7_64bit) crashes and restart itself.

The funkctionality remains, but its very annoying!

Guest ZumoDrive

@Paul

Thanks for shoutout about ZumoDrive! I'd be happy to give you an extra 1gb for the effort (email me). You should also check out our other product ZumoCast. It's like ZumoDrive only you serve the files off your own PC instead of using our servers. It's also a free service. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or comments. You can email us here: [email protected]

Also, you can follow us on Twitter (@zumodrive) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/zumodrive) for our latest news and updates.

Thanks again!

The ZumoDrive Team

Guest ZumoDrive
Very great App. Much more then Dropbox! I like the option zu link folders directly to zumo drive.

But i have a big problem too! Everytime i try to use zumodrive in combination with my explorer e.g. right click on a folder to link it with zumodirve my explorer (windows7_64bit) crashes and restart itself.

The funkctionality remains, but its very annoying!

Hello!

Can you send me an email here: [email protected]

I can help you out with the crashes you've been experiencing. Thanks!