Updated root and full market access

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

Here's a superboot image that is based in the boot.img from an U8100 (because that's what I have) but it propably work on the pulse mine aswell although it may or may not boot all the way into Android and even if it does you propably want to reboot to your normal boot.img as there are some differences in the init.rc between the two models.

- Updated Superuser permissions to latest version

- Full Market (fakes HVGA and more) + script to access paid apps (if you, like me, live in a country where it is available)

EVERYTHING IN THIS GUIDE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

GET IT HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?9bp9ascuk7ar870

Instructions

1. At least the U8100 comes with Market version 1700 and after some use it automaticly updates to version 1713. So you first need to check if you have an update and uninstall it:

post-750537-1282567040.png

2. The power off the phone and hold down volume-down + hangup while powering on.

3. Connect to computer with USB cable

4. Doubleclick superboot-windows.bat (yes, I've borrowed Paul's setup for this, no need to reinvent the wheel)

5. Now it may or may not boot completely but at least my U8100 boots all the way. If it doesn't wait a few minutes before powercycling the phone.

6. When it's booted you should clear the cache and then force stop Market to make sure you get the full effect.

post-750537-1282897679_thumb.png post-750537-1282897695_thumb.png post-750537-1282897726_thumb.png

7. Start Market and search for "video" and you should get a result similar to this:

post-750537-1282897713_thumb.png

Access paid apps (optional and is not needed for everyone)

1. Install a terminal emulator:

post-750537-1282897738_thumb.png

2. Start it and type "su" and give it permissions:

post-750537-1282897810_thumb.png

3. If you loose the soft keyboard here, press Menu and then "Toggle soft keyboard":

post-750537-1282897831_thumb.png

4. type "paid.sh"

post-750537-1282897759_thumb.png

5. Repeat step 6 in the instructions above (clear cache + force stop)

6. Do another search for "video" and it should look something likes this:

post-750537-1282897782_thumb.png

Why do I need this?

- Because a LOT of apps are not published as QVGA compatible in the Market even though most apps works just fine.

- Because paid apps are still not accessible in a lot of countries.

- Because this is what a search on "video" shows on a non-modified QVGA phone:

post-750537-1282897661_thumb.png

Guest jasonXXx

Very good just what i needed kind of lol is there any chance you could upload just the market with any needed files not the script and not superuser and i will make a flashable update.zip for pulse mini users thanks.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Very good just what i needed kind of lol is there any chance you could upload just the market with any needed files not the script and not superuser and i will make a flashable update.zip for pulse mini users thanks.

Here you go. http://www.mediafire.com/?jsdhrmb9343m6c6

I was considering doing it myself but made a boot.img instead as it doesn't require a recovery image.

Some advice:

- Delete /system/app/Vending.odex or it will force close as it will try to use the old .odex file with the new .apk.

- The xml files goes into /system/etc/permissions. Not sure if all have an effect but I'm pretty sure the autofocus permission and possibly also the multitouch one enables some more apps.

- I didn't include the paid.sh script as it is much easier to install and use the MarketAccess.apk

- You propably also want to upgrade su and Superuser.apk as the ones in the superboot image are quite old. Don't forget setting suid permissions on /system/bin/su

Guest jasonXXx
Here you go. http://www.mediafire.com/?jsdhrmb9343m6c6

I was considering doing it myself but made a boot.img instead as it doesn't require a recovery image.

Some advice:

- Delete /system/app/Vending.odex or it will force close as it will try to use the old .odex file with the new .apk.

- The xml files goes into /system/etc/permissions. Not sure if all have an effect but I'm pretty sure the autofocus permission and possibly also the multitouch one enables some more apps.

- I didn't include the paid.sh script as it is much easier to install and use the MarketAccess.apk

- You propably also want to upgrade su and Superuser.apk as the ones in the superboot image are quite old. Don't forget setting suid permissions on /system/bin/su

Thanks i will test and let you no the reason im making a update.zip is because the superboot on pulse mini seems to stop usb mounting working so what i did was get the latest su from xda devs and i did a fastboot boot recovery this way i still dont need to install the recovery just boot it as the recovery gives usb mounting problems as well.

Ok the vending.apk do i install as a normal app or do i replace orig vending and at what dir thanks.

Edited by jasonXXx

Guest kallt_kaffe
Ok the vending.apk do i install as a normal app or do i replace orig vending and at what dir thanks.
Replace /system/app/Vending.apk and remove /system/app/Vending.odex

optionally also but the .xml files in /system/etc/permissions

The superuser app I included in "my" superboot is the latest version from xda-developers (2.3.4) and I have no USB mounting issues on my U8100.

Guest jasonXXx
Replace /system/app/Vending.apk and remove /system/app/Vending.odex

optionally also but the .xml files in /system/etc/permissions

The superuser app I included in "my" superboot is the latest version from xda-developers (2.3.4) and I have no USB mounting issues on my U8100.

Hmm very strange i did what you sead and no change. I deleted cache via app manager i then killed/stoped market and used root explorer i deleted vending.apk and obx i then copyed the new vending to /system/app and the xml files to /system/etc/permissions also i am using 2.3.4 su. Any idea?

Also usb mounting when using custom recovery or superboot seems to be a known problem using pulse mini.

hmm i forgot to uninstall the update on market would that make any differance as i removed the orig vending.apk anyway?

Also i livve in the uk and have a uk phone so i can buy apps with stock market if i ever get this working will i still be able to buy apps without the patch you did?

Edited by jasonXXx

Guest jasonXXx
Hmm very strange i did what you sead and no change. I deleted cache via app manager i then killed/stoped market and used root explorer i deleted vending.apk and obx i then copyed the new vending to /system/app and the xml files to /system/etc/permissions also i am using 2.3.4 su. Any idea?

Also usb mounting when using custom recovery or superboot seems to be a known problem using pulse mini.

hmm i forgot to uninstall the update on market would that make any differance as i removed the orig vending.apk anyway?

Also i livve in the uk and have a uk phone so i can buy apps with stock market if i ever get this working will i still be able to buy apps without the patch you did?

Scarp that iv sorted 1500 or so on a search for video nice tested lots of apps and thay work.

• 2 months later...