- Updated Superuser permissions to latest version
- Full Market (fakes HVGA and more) + script to access paid apps (if you, like me, live in a country where it is available)
EVERYTHING IN THIS GUIDE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
GET IT HERE: http://www.mediafire...9bp9ascuk7ar870
1. At least the U8100 comes with Market version 1700 and after some use it automaticly updates to version 1713. So you first need to check if you have an update and uninstall it:
2. The power off the phone and hold down volume-down + hangup while powering on.
3. Connect to computer with USB cable
4. Doubleclick superboot-windows.bat (yes, I've borrowed Paul's setup for this, no need to reinvent the wheel)
5. Now it may or may not boot completely but at least my U8100 boots all the way. If it doesn't wait a few minutes before powercycling the phone.
6. When it's booted you should clear the cache and then force stop Market to make sure you get the full effect.
filter.png 16KB 80 downloads clear_cache.png 10.16KB 61 downloads force_stop.png 9.83KB 68 downloads
7. Start Market and search for "video" and you should get a result similar to this:
full_market.png 19.61KB 87 downloads
Access paid apps (optional and is not needed for everyone)
1. Install a terminal emulator:
get_terminal.png 19.85KB 56 downloads
2. Start it and type "su" and give it permissions:
super_user.png 12.95KB 36 downloads
3. If you loose the soft keyboard here, press Menu and then "Toggle soft keyboard":
toggle_soft.png 6.07KB 30 downloads
4. type "paid.sh"
paid_script.png 12.08KB 38 downloads
5. Repeat step 6 in the instructions above (clear cache + force stop)
6. Do another search for "video" and it should look something likes this:
paid_apps.png 19.12KB 59 downloads
Why do I need this?
- Because a LOT of apps are not published as QVGA compatible in the Market even though most apps works just fine.
- Because paid apps are still not accessible in a lot of countries.
- Because this is what a search on "video" shows on a non-modified QVGA phone:
stock_vending.png 20.7KB 44 downloads