The Official 2.1 Update (Build 8023)

Guest Greenarcher

Flashed fine here, seems to be a complete Update.pkg, i dont think this is the Official 2.1, seeing as my Version still reads 2.1-update1. I'd have thought when the official, final 2.1 it'd jus say version 2.1.

I do agree with the speed, it doesn't feel as 'snappy' as the older 2.1's, but it does seem a little more stable!

No, Eclair is 2.1 update 1. Ill wait a bit as well. Got it running as i like right now, unless it has major fixes and more features ill stay with the beta.

Guest Chaz_UK
Flashed fine here, seems to be a complete Update.pkg, i dont think this is the Official 2.1, seeing as my Version still reads 2.1-update1. I'd have thought when the official, final 2.1 it'd jus say version 2.1.

I do agree with the speed, it doesn't feel as 'snappy' as the older 2.1's, but it does seem a little more stable!

The "-update1" part means it is the later build of Android 2.1 with multitouch in the default apps AFAIK.

The Nexus One was initially released with just Android 2.1 but with the update1 update, multitiouch was enabled in all apps across the board.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/02/nexus-o...les-multitouch/

EDIT-

So far:

Seems smoother to me.

All my copy protected apps are now showing in the market. I had apps missing before.

Will do some more testing.

Edited by Chaz_UK

Guest Amdathlonuk

Bugger, I can't flash it.

I'm getting the message

FOTA model mismatch - system will reboot in 30 seconds.

My Streak is direct from Dell and unlocked.

Any ideas?

Guest coxblox
They made it so we couldnt delete the screens. Now they are going to force you to use them!

At dell:

It seems people arent using all the home screens... hmmm.. lets make the icons and widgets bigger!

Indeed! Because of poor placement/widget size my home screens now look either very cluttered or very empty!

As for speed, some parts feel jittery (like scrolling long lists) others feel faster like movin from app to app etc. It definitely appears more stable than one before. Screen always registers coming out of suspend to unlock (didn't always before) and LCD light goes off always as expected regardless of previous wifi activity.

Guest coxblox
people has the volume button problem from last beta been fixed where buttons were reversed can anyone confirm this fixed now?

volume issue is still the same as before

Guest Chaz_UK
people has the volume button problem from last beta been fixed where buttons were reversed can anyone confirm this fixed now?

I can't remember what was right or wrong any more thanks to running 2.1 for so log but no matter what orientation you have it in, the volume button near the headphone jack always increases volume. :huh:

I've just tested it using the last.fm app whilst streaming music.

Guest Paul Brown

Thank you for the correction on the error on my part! :huh: I thought the update1 was due to the actual firmware being in beta, i didn't know it was the actual name of Eclair 2.1. Apologies to all for that mistake.

Ok i've been using this build for a while now, and i gotta say, i like it. Just hoping they've sorted the permenant sleep bug, that was really annoying me on the past couple of builds. Regularly had to pull the battery to get the phone back on, also on the previous 7xxx build, i was getting a bug where leaving it in sleep for a while would cause com.android.phone to FC, and again, needed a restart to get it back on.

Guest dairymasta

This update sucks.

Massive widgets are getting annoying, the pop up dialog boxes are slow and jittery. And the WORST problem of all, THE TILT SENSOR IS MESSED UP BIG TIME.

Tried playing doodle jump, left is right, right is left.

Any way to fix it?

Guest m4tt24

Wow so they sent two updates within a week of each other then, although I wasn't taken to that screen with the 7546 update last sunday, I think I'll be sticking to build 7546 seems to most stable 2.1 update so far, I'm having no problems with it, how did you manage to get the update file back after you installed it? You only had a nandroid backup on the previous thread.

Guest Shauneh

Hummmmm I just flashed and now I'm getting flashing LED's for the Home, Back and Menu buttons, anyone finding this?

They come back on when screen is tapped, not sure if this is a feature or not lol.

Thanks.

--

Shauneh

Guest Chaz_UK
And the WORST problem of all, THE TILT SENSOR IS MESSED UP BIG TIME.

Abduction works fine for me (yay) but....

Hyper Jump is doing the same as you describe above. :huh:

Guest psionmark

Working beautifully here :huh:

Finally got SlingPlayer back and have been able to get Skies of Glory and Google Earth - worth the update for those alone ;)

Guest T_r_i_s
Think I'll leave this update as mine is ok, I'll wait for 2.2 which won't be long now.

+1 - only thing broken on my 2.1 is the volume buttons being the wrong way round, which I can live with :huh:

Hoping 2.2 won't be too long...

Guest Greenarcher

Funny story behind it, i was trying to get rid of some bloatware and ended with my streak getting screwed up. I had to revert back to the leaked update then downloading the new build, extracting it to my hard drive before installing it. I noticed that if you update the streak right after the download the update file disappears for some reason. If i find a lot of bugs in this new build i might go back to the leaked build. Seems ok so far.

Wow so they sent two updates within a week of each other then, although I wasn't taken to that screen with the 7546 update last sunday, I think I'll be sticking to build 7546 seems to most stable 2.1 update so far, I'm having no problems with it, how did you manage to get the update file back after you installed it? You only had a nandroid backup on the previous thread.

Guest zoidster

After a few weeks of coming close to shelving the streak (running 1.6) and using the iPhone again , this 2.1 was leaked and turned all that around for me !

...Can't believe I have just turned it into a bag of crap again ! , that'll teach me :huh:

Roll on Froyo !

Guest Ellis Grouse
..THE TILT SENSOR IS MESSED UP BIG TIME.

At a -guess- I would suppose this is due to the fact that the Streak screen is backwards, or upside-down, thereby all orientations are the wrong way - I'd guess a software fix is required.

You can see the upside down screen if you boot into Clockwork recovery, for example - the buttons are at the top of the screen.

Taking a screenshot via DDMS on a PC also returns an upside down image...

Guest jutley
Hi Greenarcher nice find.

I have the UK O2 streak, your screen shot shows baseband "...-us", is this OK to flash on UK GSM streaks?

yes it is ok i have same as you after update mine still says EU but with 2.1 now :huh:

Guest Greenarcher

Yup, since this does not alter your baseband in any way.

Hi Greenarcher nice find.

I have the UK O2 streak, your screen shot shows baseband "...-us", is this OK to flash on UK GSM streaks?