Very stable and fast 2.2 release

Guest Daniel Williamson

Guest maxsham
Managed to get test mode on.

Clicked ok.

it still indicate latest version JM1

Hurray!!!!

Managed to get test mode off and it indicate JPC.

Downloading now.

Thank you.

How u do it? i still dont get the test mode interface.

directly to JM1

Guest Daniel Williamson
Ok i did everything what you said i have to do . No my phone keeps booting and booting .. And i cant get into factory reset mode .. What to do ??

Does it come up with a black screen and vibrate a few times?

Dan

Does it come up with a black screen and vibrate a few times?

Dan

Take the battery out' back I'n and start in recovery, do a system wipe which will wipe everything then robot.

Most will be fine after that but was screwed from the start so I had to use the other method of flashing and when it finishes it comes back to the recovery screen with load s of red writing saying cannot oqve and mount the dataabqwe file and loads of other problems listed.

I

Too knackered for this toda so going to try again tomorrow when im

not so tired..

Guest amacrobie

Yup, had to wipe here too but is working great now; best experience of the phone yet - so much so I've popped my SIM back in am going to use it at my "phone for calling" for the next fortnight and relegate the streak to tablet duties :-)

Getting fast, accurate GPS fixes here, the phone no longer has that "beta" feel about it and phone seems generally snappy and smooth. Am a very happy bunny :huh:

Guest Kasun85

Hey Dan, Thanks for the instructions . I did manage to get every thing done but when u run Quadrant im only getting somewhere near 1000 . And did u notice that the swap text is missing , any way we could get it install.

EDIT:

Cheers I found it , need to change it under setting->local and text.

And i presume u install the lag fix.

Edited by Kasun85

Guest jkgtan
How u do it? i still dont get the test mode interface.

directly to JM1

After clicking firmware update, a pop screen tell you you cannot use other function.

Click OK to it.

The trick now is after clicking ok wait abt 1 to 2 second then press in sequence, Ctrl key, then Alt key, then U key then P key.

The Test Mode pop up will appear. Doing it too quick and too slow will not work.

The funny thing for me is, if Test Mode pop up is ON clicking ok still give JM1. But if Test Mode pop up indicate off under it I can see JPC and clicking ok I can download.

That's how I do it. But my phone seem to hv lots of force close. Will try to redo the update again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spark001uk

Hi, thought i'd input my finding, i am in the UK.

I have Galaxy S, brand new 5 days ago, branded with T-Mobile UK, (which i have unlocked with the sgs unlocker apk). I can confirm that without modifying registry, KIES says "cannot be upgaded" with test mode either on or off. When modifying registry for XEU model, KIES then offers JM1 with test mode either on or off. No JPC here by the looks of it!

Edited by spark001uk

After clicking firmware update, a pop screen tell you you cannot use other function.

Click OK to it.

The trick now is after clicking ok wait abt 1 to 2 second then press in sequence, Ctrl key, then Alt key, then U key then P key.

The Test Mode pop up will appear. Doing it too quick and too slow will not work.

The funny thing for me is, if Test Mode pop up is ON clicking ok still give JM1. But if Test Mode pop up indicate off under it I can see JPC and clicking ok I can download.

That's how I do it. But my phone seem to hv lots of force close. Will try to redo the update again.

Weird....For me, no matter if its "Test Mode On" or "Off", it still goes to JM1, mayb da Samsung server took off the JPC.

so wats da diff between JM1 and JPC? Both Froyo 2.2?

Hi, thought i'd input my finding, i am in the UK.

I have Galaxy S, brand new 5 days ago, branded with T-Mobile UK, (which i have unlocked with the sgs unlocker apk). I can confirm that without modifying registry, KIES says "cannot be upgaded" with test mode either on or off. When modifying registry for XEU model, KIES then offers JM1 with test mode either on or off. No JPC here by the looks of it!

I am in exactly the same situation as skarp001uk. I don't think this works in the UK any more so I'm just going to use Odin.

Guest Dan Mullen

JPC was definitely available in the UK, but Samsung pulled it a week or two ago. As it required test mode to be ON, it was just a beta and probably not worth fussing over. From what I've read over at XDA, a number of users have reported a number of minor issues with JPC. After the delays I experienced waiting for 2.1 on my Hero, I'm happy to wait a few weeks for an official Samsung 2.2 :P

I just installed from Odin and I have to say I am very impressed with it so far. There are loads of little UI upgrades that make thing much easier to use. I didn't really have a choice to wait as my on JP3 install my camera and video both stopped working, as well as no mounting for external SD.

Guest spark001uk

I'm with you on that dan, partly because my 3-button recovery and download modes are disabled, so i'm not going to chance a c0ck-up with flashing if i can't recover it! Only trouble is i'm branded so i've got to wait for t-mobile to tweak the 2.2 and hand it back to samsung before it'll go live on their servers! Oh well, it'll be worth the wait, at least there won't be any issues with it.