Need help stream video to droid

Guest Enraged Ninja

Guest Enraged Ninja

I was wondering if anyone has successfully streamed AVI's to their droid?

My history with streaming:

- Used Orblive on PC to stream media (Media Skin)

- Streamed to my omnia i910, played media with Coreplayer

Worked pretty good with that setup, streamed AVI's very well (which is practically 99% of my media library)

Now i have a moto droid(1) but im having trouble trying to find an easy setup to stream video media.

Have tried:

- VLC. The setup to stream media isnt very user friendly such as a web menu that you log into your PC and browse through your library (or atleast i havent found a good tutorial yet)

- GMOTE. Its easy. Install GMOTE (w/java) on the PC (if linux have VLC on the PC too) but on the droid... you cant stream AVI. I have tried installing VLC on my droid, opens the program but wont play video. I also have Rock Player but you cant make it the default media player, so thus it wont play the stream either (or atleast i havent found/read a way to do so)

- Orblive. Great web interface. Problems though is that orb only streams in WMV/.SDP/.3GP/.PLS/Flash. The droid can only do Flash (recently, as in... 2 days ago or so) or 3GP. Flash looks... well... to give it some credit... "decent" but isnt the best FPS IMO. The 3GP format looks like watching horrible pixelling crap, to say the least. Other formats wont even stream due to the media player.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Looking for stream software (either Win7 or Linux (ubuntu)) that will stream video files (AVI's) w/o having to convert them before streaming to the android phone. If possible... A Decent setup such as web interface thats easy to point/click navigate through the stream library (like GMOTE or Orblive)

Is this possible? I would like to just keep using Orblive but i cant change the default media player... and the only other media player i have found is Rock Player (and recently VLC on android)

PLEASE.... PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! I know im not the only out there that knows they can stream their library over 3G!!!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...