[UPDATE: 26th Feb] Notification LED v2.0.1 - Completely Redesigned! - Works on 1.8.0!

Guest Meltus

Guest Spike8585
Just tested this on my Beta AT&T running O2 Beta 2.1 ROM. Im using Stock Messaging and Email clients. Messaging LED blinks and the screen lights up temporarily but all lights go off after the screen goes dim again. It doesn't seem to be staying put.

Same with mine, running stock 1.6 US version.

Is there supposed to be a message that says something about root access, that totally blocks the text message that you are trying to read?

Guest digthemlows
Just tested this on my Beta AT&T running O2 Beta 2.1 ROM. Im using Stock Messaging and Email clients. Messaging LED blinks and the screen lights up temporarily but all lights go off after the screen goes dim again. It doesn't seem to be staying put.

Same with mine too. I've had it for a couple of weeks and that's all it does.

Excellent and usefull application.

Thank you !

Someone can tell me how to pin it to the notification bar and to sart it automatically with the startup ?

The SMS interception should start automatically with startup but the notification icon wont, not sure why.

I'll look into pinning it so the clear button doesn't remove it :lol:

• 2 months later...
Guest alfonsomm

Hey meltus i love this app. I have been using it since you first started it. I recently flashed Stephen's froyo v1.4.1 and your app stopped working. Is the framework diff? Any chance of fixing this?

Love the app but I had to uninstall it due to it temporarily freezing my phone when I receive a new sms. It causes me to miss-spell words when typing reply and receive the sms while doing so. I wish there was an option just to turn on one led without the pattern flashing. I do believe that patterns cause it to freeze temporarily. Anyways looking forward to an update.

• 2 months later...

[uPDATE]

New Market Version (1.8.1) uploaded both here, and on the Market!

Not big updates, just some small bugfixes and cleaner code.

Edited by Meltus

thanks for the new version . Some Q

1. In the instructions it says " apply and close " however there is no such button .

2. Does clicking exit close the app ? EDIT : No it does not

3. Does it auto-restart on reboot ?

4. Once the blinking lights stops, i have the menu and return buttons lit up... Is there a way to make only one button lit up continuously.. Probably i can save some battery

5. How abt the battery drain ? Any feed backs

Edit : found some answers and added more Q

Edited by Gopu

• 2 weeks later...
Guest watermelun

Thanks for the app!

1. I dont see the apply and close button (as mentioned in the instructions). So assumed that the exit button did the same thing.

2. Not working for Gmail on rooted froyo.

• 1 month later...
Guest tricky1981uk

Hi,

Does anyone know of a similar notification app for the Dell Streak (rooted) which will show an led notification when I receive a Whatsapp message??

Thanks.

Guest wyxwyx
Thanks for the app!

1. I dont see the apply and close button (as mentioned in the instructions). So assumed that the exit button did the same thing.

2. Not working for Gmail on rooted froyo.

With stock launcher works but if you have alternate locker or launcher (ex. Widgetlocker) it stops.