Ultra Keyboard

Guest PaulOBrien

ultrakeyboard1.pngultrakeyboard2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

Ultra Keyboard

What they say

Keyboard with custom theme/skin support, word tracing, camera mode, multiple languages, speech to text, compact keys, customizable settings, and more. A better way to type on Android devices!

What we say

I have to say that in the past i've been a sucker for hardware keyboards, so the transition to a touchscreen world where soft keyboards rule is sometimes a difficult one. That said, the transition is made easier by applications like Ultra Keyboard. The key feature for me of Ultra Keyboard is ULTIMATE customisability. As well as being incredibly feature packed, there's not really anything you can't customise - you can even change the key height for example. With QWERTY, 20 key, tracing, skins and much more, if you're a bit down on the Android keyboard experience, this app is well worth a look!

Permissions

CAMERA / INTERNET / READ_CONTACTS / READ_USER_DICTIONARY / VIBRATE / WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE / WRITE_USER_DICTIONARY

Download

View at AppBrain

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

ultrakeyboard.qrcode.png

Price

$2.79, free trial available

Market star rating at time of writing

4.36 (399 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

There are lots of alternative keyboards on the market, also check out TouchPal

Suggested improvements for the next version

The 'tracing' functionality is still very much in it's infancy and sometimes I get odd word capitalisations. That aside, it's pretty awesome! :P

Have your say

Fan of Ultra Keyboard? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :)

Guest NarutoDKz
Good app.

Better keyboard is also worth a look if you're on a budget

Both doesn't have Danish. so i'm not interested. (even though they looks like they are quite good)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jakewoodblues
Ultra keyboard just got an upgrade to 5.5 which has fixed pretty much every issue I had with it.

d

I'm looking for some help with Ultra Keyboard.

1) There is a translate function mentioned in the documentation and on the toolbar, but no instructions on how to use it. Can anybody help with that?

2) When I use it with Office Suite Pro, in landscape mode, I can't see what I'm typing & there is a button marked "execute" just above the keyboard. The button doesn't seem to do anything. What does it do? and how can I see what I'm typing when I'm typing it?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest subvertbeats
d

I'm looking for some help with Ultra Keyboard.

1) There is a translate function mentioned in the documentation and on the toolbar, but no instructions on how to use it. Can anybody help with that?

2) When I use it with Office Suite Pro, in landscape mode, I can't see what I'm typing & there is a button marked "execute" just above the keyboard. The button doesn't seem to do anything. What does it do? and how can I see what I'm typing when I'm typing it?

Thanks

Tried this for first time yesterday - have been a swiftkey user for months.

This is my new keyboard for sure.

Love it. Tracing (ala swype - still unavailable for me) is great.

Super customizable.